Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth on Speculation Radar

Default Re: Hud on List of Possible Florida HC's

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't know what you think relevant is, but we are not relevant. I know it's fun to think so though. I catch myself sometimes too.
    I consider the best 4 year stretch of any mid-major ever should we finish with 9 wins and setting attendance records at bowl games as relevant.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I consider the best 4 year stretch of any mid-major ever should we finish with 9 wins and setting attendance records at bowl games as relevant.
    Well I can see why we disagree

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well I can see why we disagree
    What is your definition?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Boise and TCU would like to have a conversation with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Boise and TCU would like to have a conversation with you.
    Maybe should have said ONE of the best. I remember reading that no mid-major has won 9 games including their bowl game 4 straight years. Pretty impressive considering the past. And the fact that Boise and TCU enter the conversation further proves relevance IMO.

And tcu is no longer a mid major

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And tcu is no longer a mid major
    BUT between 05-11 when they went 77-13 with a 6-1 bowl record, they were. What they are today is not relevent to his statement.

BUT between 05-11 when they went 77-13 with a 6-1 bowl record, they were. What they are today is not relevent to his statement.
    Is what I said not true? I don't know why you are trying to go to such lengths to prove we aren't accomplishing anything as a program.

If I was betting money, the writer had no source that Hud was on the list. He remembers that we were a blocked punt away from beating them in Gainsville the last time they were ranked and a little search let him know that we've sustained that success since via good records, recruiting classes, and bowl wins. He did a little connecting of the dots, but like someone else said, I'd be very surprised if he got Florida; the bigger worry will be the opening created by whoever gets Florida.

Is what I said not true? I don't know why you are trying to go to such lengths to prove we aren't accomplishing anything as a program.
    I don't know why you would assume that I'm saying we haven't accomplished anything as a program.

I don't know why you would assume that I'm saying we haven't accomplished anything as a program.
    Bc that's what it seems. I'm happy being mentioned in the same breath as those 2 programs, the fact the we are even on their trajectory is good. I simply stated they are no longer mid major, isn't that our goal as well? I wasn't speaking to or for anyone, it was just a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Please. Schools like Florida want an offesive mind. The game has changed. More schools want a young motiated offensive guy who can build/rebuild programs and that is Mark Hudspeth to a tee I don't think he be at Florida but your comment has absolutely no merrit (as usual).
    Man I am so honored to be on the same board with someone who knows everything. It is so stupid of me to not realaize that having the one hundredth twenty something best defense in the country is such a great asset to include on a head coach's resume. My bad. I'm sure if the Cajuns had a great defense it would drive Hud's stock way down. Lucky for him though, we don't. Glad you straightened me out on that. Mr. Know it all.

Bc that's what it seems. I'm happy being mentioned in the same breath as those 2 programs, the fact the we are even on their trajectory is good. I simply stated they are no longer mid major, isn't that our goal as well? I wasn't speaking to or for anyone, it was just a statement.
    BUT we aren't in the conversation with those teams. Those were just the first 2 that came to mind. Nationally we are not mentioned in conversations with those teams, only on this message board. Do I love what has been accomplished here in a short time, yes but to even think we are in that conversation is silly.

We have a LONG way to go before getting there. That's not a knock on where we are, it is just a fact. We are in the infant stages compared to them. They were not overnight success stories but they do it for a long time and started knocking off big boys to continue building their reputation. That is the next step for us. Keep winning the games we are supposed to and start winning some of the games we aren't.

BUT we aren't in the conversation with those teams. Those were just the first 2 that came to mind. Nationally we are not mentioned in conversations with those teams, only on this message board. Do I love what has been accomplished here in a short time, yes but to even think we are in that conversation is silly.

We have a LONG way to go before getting there. That's not a knock on where we are, it is just a fact. We are in the infant stages compared to them. They were not overnight success stories but they do it for a long time and started knocking off big boys to continue building their reputation. That is the next step for us. Keep winning the games we are supposed to and start winning some of the games we aren't.
    Well they were where we are at some point, you can't get to where they are without going through what we are going through. I'm sure we all wish it would happen faster but it is what is. If and it's a big if but if we run the table and get to 10 wins and back to back championships with 4 straight bowl victories, we will be in more of those conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Man I am so honored to be on the same board with someone who knows everything. It is so stupid of me to not realaize that having the one hundredth twenty something best defense in the country is such a great asset to include on a head coach's resume. My bad. I'm sure if the Cajuns had great defense it would drive Hud's stock way down. Lucky for him though, we don't. Glad you straightened me out on that. Mr. Know it all.
    I never said that it wouldn't hurt him but your sarcastic post claimed that noone will want him because of this years defense.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information