Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wallerstedt denies sharing Texas Tech signals

Default Wallerstedt denies sharing Texas Tech signals

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/s...ngsbury-111714

Wallerstedt resigned after Texas Tech's third game this season, and later took a job on Louisiana-Lafayette's staff. He's since been promoted to the Ragin' Cajuns outside linebackers coach.
    A ULL spokesman told Fox Sports Southwest on Monday afternoon that the school had been made aware of the report. He declined immediate comment.
    I hope this is not true.

Default Re: Texas Tech DC: Former DC giving opponents Tech's defensive signals

I sure as hell hope not and karma is a bad deal, I sure hope this guy doesn't cause anything in the locker room trying to solidify him a spot here.

Wow. I hope not either. That's a career killer if it's true.

I think it depends on how things shook out. Did wallerstedt have a buddy that he told and then it spread like wild fire? or did he seek out opponents. Big difference.

Hope this is brought to light soon. This could shred his credibility and also question our hiring - "not hiring" of Wallerstedt. There's more to this story as the whole firing/release from Texas Tech was kind of held under wraps. The story will be out soon.....

It was apparently reported to Texas Tech by Charlie Strong

7. Default Re: Texas Tech DC: Former DC giving opponents Tech's defensive signals

Wowwwwww

I'm not gonna throw him under the bus until we get all of the details. Texas Tech should know that they should change or alter signals after any coach gets fired or resigned...it's normal protocol.

The coaching tree, if looked at, could extend over many college teams. All it takes is one coach relaying the types of signals that he used at one school while trying to implement them in a new school and it takes off from there.

Could potentially be nothing to see here...

9. Default Re: Texas Tech DC: Former DC giving opponents Tech's defensive signals

That's why he wasn't immediately hired.. Hudspeth wanted to see how things shook out. And you're telling me that we knew he was accused of giving out signals (a death sentence in small coaching circle) and we STILL brought him on board? Not only does this sound like a "friendly" deal, it wreaks of arrogance. Did Hud have issues with Saunders as well? Wth is going on?? If any of this is proven to be true, huge embarrassment for the staff and Matt W has got to go!

I think you are possibly on to something. A few of us were kicking around "potential" happenings with Saunders. I hope there's nothing more to this story either.

Now, I don't for one second, think that Hud knew of signal give-aways during the process.

Not good

Default Re: Accusation: Texas Tech DC: Former DC giving opponents Tech's defensive signals

They are 3-7, give up 40+ points per game, and they haven't changed things up? Sounds like a big fat excuse to me. It may be more but it took two months to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That's why he wasn't immediately hired.. Hudspeth wanted to see how things shook out. And you're telling me that we knew he was accused of giving out signals (a death sentence in small coaching circle) and we STILL brought him on board? Not only does this sound like a "friendly" deal, it wreaks of arrogance. Did Hud have issues with Saunders as well? Wth is going on?? If any of this is proven to be true, huge embarrassment for the staff and Matt W has got to go!
    Why the "ifs?"

Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Default Re: Accusation: Texas Tech DC: Former DC giving opponents Tech's defensive signals

Not a good look!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    They are 3-7, give up 40+ points per game, and they haven't changed things up? Sounds like a big fat excuse to me. It may be more but it took two months to come out?
    That's my theory also ... they need to worry about more than their signals.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information