Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Southern saw a turning point

1. Default Southern saw a turning point

Midway through the second quarter of Saturday night's season opener, Cajun Field rocked like never before, overflowing with a record crowd of 41,357 people.

Southern and Louisiana were locked in a tight battle, and the Ragin' Cajuns led by two points.

Amid this lively atmosphere, the UL offense faced a first-and-20.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Southern saw a turning point

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _

It's funny how this guy slants the stories. He basically makes it look like Southern lost because they missed a few tackles when they were thoroughly beat up and down the field. Sure, their offense played really well in the first quarter but was completely held in check for the final 3 quarters.

I also wouldn't look too much into their running game considering they gained about 40 or more of those running yards on the final scoring drive that was meaningless to both squads with reserves in for both teams and it was the backup QB who got a good portion of those yards.

Consider his intended audience.

I saw a pounding that was a bit closer than it could have been without some Cajun generosity.

hey, i feel like he complimented us when he called us a "light heavyweight".

5. Default Re: Southern saw a turning point

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    _ hey, i feel like he complimented us when he called us a "light heavyweight". _
    For some reason it does sound better than Mid-Major.

Did you guys know that sometimes, football games are close in the first quarter?

Also, apparently a team that turns the ball over a lot, misses tackles and drops passes isn't necessarily the worse team in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Did you guys know that sometimes, football games are close in the first quarter?

Also, apparently a team that turns the ball over a lot, misses tackles and drops passes isn't necessarily the worse team in a game. _
    No joke! SU got smoked. SU could have erased 5 of their worst plays and we still would have beat them handily.

With the help of those refs. Go somewhere with that. You guys are not all that good. You robbed us out of 2 TDs and the refs gave you one. We should have had 30 and plus points.

Quote Originally Posted by SUJAGUAR09 View Post
    _ With the help of those refs. Go somewhere with that. You guys are not all that good. You robbed us out of 2 TDs and the refs gave you one. We should have had 30 and plus points. _
    This is hilarius, you get skulldrug by 23 and you are still making lame excuses. The game is over and you got shallacked, so I suggest you go home and await your next opponent, (or in your case, go run lame smack on their message board).

We have KSU to think about now.

Game is over, you lost, goodbye!

_ With the help of those refs. Go somewhere with that. You guys are not all that good. You robbed us out of 2 TDs and the refs gave you one. We should have had 30 and plus points. _
    Wow. Ok first off, I appreciate your sportsmanship. Second, please explain in detail, all points that were taken from you by the refs.

So 2 TD's were taken from you. I guess you are talking about the HB pass to Stewart. Maybe you think there was pass interference? Well, the ball was underthrown, it hit Stewart before the CB/S did, then he got popped and we got the ball. Seemed clear to me.

The other one was what, the delay of game penalty that you ran a draw on for a TD? I'm not even going to discuss that one. If you're too dense to notice the play clock was clearly at 0, then keep arguing the TD. I dont know how else to explain that.

You should probably take notice from your coaches and lose with dignity. Most of the SU fans were great and lost with class. Please, by all means, do the same.

Your defense got skull drug by our offense with a new QB and RB. Your offense turned the ball over plenty of times to lose the game, not to mention that they did nothing after the first 15 or so minutes until the second teams came in.

I thought you said in a few threads that you would come get yours if SU didnt win, but I guess this will do. When you come play us again, I'm sure you will be back on this site. We'll welcome you again, but if you are going to act like this when you get beat, then go whine somewhere else. Good luck with Grambling this year.

Oh give me a break with the excuses. And if we're "not that good", then what does that make your team?

Were it not for turnovers, this score could have been 63-19. SU had NO answer for our offense for most of the game.

You beat me to it Lordguill

If we are not all that good, what does that make you?.terrible comes to mind.

_ With the help of those refs. You guys are not all that good. You robbed us out of 2 TDs and the refs gave you one. We should have had 30 and plus points. _
    News flash, if we robbed you of two TDs then that means our defense forced turnovers. And the one you blame on the refs was not a judgement call; you had 12 men on the field when the rules only allow 11. Its called counting. Of course if you could count you could probably be enrolled at some school other than SUA&MC. Or are you one of those St. Landry Parish guys that bought the diploma in Opelousas?

You ran smack all last week and now after getting _____slapped you want to cry about a call that was cut and dry. Go somewhere with that.

Have some class.you have 90+ posts of smack talk on our board. You lost, without much of a fight. Tuck your tail between your legs and head back to Southern. You are embarassing yoursef and your school. Good luck in YOUR conference.

15. Default Re: Southern saw a turning point

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ News flash, if we robbed you of two TDs then that means our defense forced turnovers. And the one you blame on the refs was not a judgement call; you had 12 men on the field when the rules only allow 11. Its called counting. Of course if you could count you could probably be enrolled at some school other than SUA&MC. Or are you one of those St. Landry Parish guys that bought the diploma in Opelousas?

You ran smack all last week and now after getting _____slapped you want to cry about a call that was cut and dry. Go somewhere with that. _
    LMAO.
    ______h-Slapped. LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information