Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Southern saw a turning point

1. Default Re: Southern saw a turning point

Quote Originally Posted by SUJAGUAR09 View Post
    _ With the help of those refs. Go somewhere with that. You guys are not all that good. You robbed us out of 2 TDs and the refs gave you one. We should have had 30 and plus points. _
    Although you have been at times a pain to many rectums on this board---The interception in the endzone could have been an interference call---the 15 yard penalty early in the game took away some Mo -----Falgouts pass was one of the finest in the history of the stadium-----However, your coach put it the way it was ---we had 2 deep at all positions that mattered---- and that is one of the problems that the 65 scholarships---I think that Cajun fans are seeing competition at all positions which translates into a much less talent differential when substitutions are made!!!!!

Default Re: Southern saw a turning point

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Although you have been at times a pain to many rectums on this board---The interception in the endzone could have been an interference call---the 15 yard penalty early in the game took away some Mo -----Falgouts pass was one of the finest in the history of the stadium-----However, your coach put it the way it was ---we had 2 deep at all positions that mattered---- and that is one of the problems that the 65 scholarships---I think that Cajun fans are seeing competition at all positions which translates into a much less talent differential when substitutions are made!!!!! _
    I don't think it was even close to interference. From my angle, the ball hit him in the chest, then the DB hit him and it popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ I don't think it was even close to interference. From my angle, the ball hit him in the chest, then the DB hit him and it popped up. _

From my angle, Bentley tipped the ball as it was coming down and Rolle made a tremendous interception. I didn't see at any time where Stewart had the ball.

4. Default Re: Southern saw a turning point

I had a terrible angle --but I thought they would call face guarding---hell I don't even know if it still the rule!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Wow. Ok first off, I appreciate your sportsmanship. Second, please explain in detail, all points that were taken from you by the refs.

So 2 TD's were taken from you. I guess you are talking about the HB pass to Stewart. Maybe you think there was pass interference? Well, the ball was underthrown, it hit Stewart before the CB/S did, then he got popped and we got the ball. Seemed clear to me.

The other one was what, the delay of game penalty that you ran a draw on for a TD? I'm not even going to discuss that one. If you're too dense to notice the play clock was clearly at 0, then keep arguing the TD. I dont know how else to explain that.

You should probably take notice from your coaches and lose with dignity. Most of the SU fans were great and lost with class. Please, by all means, do the same.

Your defense got skull drug by our offense with a new QB and RB. Your offense turned the ball over plenty of times to lose the game, not to mention that they did nothing after the first 15 or so minutes until the second teams came in.

I thought you said in a few threads that you would come get yours if SU didnt win, but I guess this will do. When you come play us again, I'm sure you will be back on this site. We'll welcome you again, but if you are going to act like this when you get beat, then go whine somewhere else. Good luck with Grambling this year. _

I guess our Jag fan did not recognize our QB threw only one incomplete pass in the first half, the offense did not punt until the second half, and the offensive production was over 500 yards. Had we not subbed our defense in the fourth quarter, we may have gotten the ball back with enough time to score again while not allowing their third TD I also think Sails was down before fumbling down by our goal line. Call was probably too close for refs to overturn. Saying all that, I was impressed with Southern's offense. Stewart is a WR that can play in the NFL in my view. I expect they will score lots of points from this point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I had a terrible angle --but I thought they would call face guarding---hell I don't even know if it still the rule!!!! _
    Actually, I dont believe it is a call anymore. As long as their is no contact.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ News flash, if we robbed you of two TDs then that means our defense forced turnovers. And the one you blame on the refs was not a judgement call; you had 12 men on the field when the rules only allow 11. Its called counting. Of course if you could count you could probably be enrolled at some school other than SUA&MC. Or are you one of those St. Landry Parish guys that bought the diploma in Opelousas?

You ran smack all last week and now after getting _____slapped you want to cry about a call that was cut and dry. Go somewhere with that. _
    I'm not honoring SUJAGUAR with a response. I saw Southern get a nice assortment of close calls that went against UL. They were undoubtedly penalties. because the refs said they were. Complaining about the refereeing in that game is ridiculous. I was actually expecting SUJAGUAR to come on here and simply state "good game" and "congratulations".

I will say that I have no problem with how a BR-based sports writer spins the game. He wouldn't get anywhere in life over here if he didn't learn how to spin to win in sports reporting in BR. I don't care if you think you just read a "fair and balanced" article in a BR based sports page. you just got spun for some reason. and it always involves playing it up to the sentiment of the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Complaining about the refereeing in that game is ridiculous.

I do it all the time thanks to SBC refs.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I do it all the time thanks to SBC refs.
    _
    LSU fans constantly complain that the SEC refs are the worst in the country. Well, guess what. one of the SBC refs just got promoted to the SEC. Things are looking up for the SEC.

Bottom Line: The Southern game did not have an inordinate number of bad calls by any stretch of the imagination. and the calls were in no way in favor of UL on balance.

_ LSU fans constantly complain that the SEC refs are the worst in the country. Well, guess what. one of the SBC refs just got promoted to the SEC. Things are looking up for the SEC.

Couldn't you also say that things are looking up for the SBC as well?!

LSU fans constantly complain that the SEC refs are the worst in the country. Well, guess what. one of the SBC refs just got promoted to the SEC. Things are looking up for the SEC.

Bottom Line: The Southern game did not have an inordinate number of bad calls by any stretch of the imagination. and the calls were in no way in favor of UL on balance. _
    Actually the SEC has most of the best other than the NFL. It's just one of the ways all those millions of dollars work for them.

I had no problem with the reff'ing this game but I have seen some miserable, putrid officiating in my time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information