Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: OTHER- Muschamp

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: OTHER- Muschamp

I agree in that HUD is safe. It's an interesting question though,can poppa pikens keep Gundy forever? Is mike leech still in the coaching dog house? Does les miles finally say "____ this place." I think this season not having the handful of hot teams like years past might slow the carousel down a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Dan Mullen and the UF AD Jeremy Foley are reportedly not on each other's Christmas card lists.
    Give the man a Cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I am hearing Les Miles wants to come here. He has gotten use to the Louisiana weather and says "Lafayette is better than Baton Rouge".
    Really?.That's interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Orgeron reportedly turned down an offer to be Nicholls State's interim coach in September because he promised his wife he'd sit out this entire season. (Two of his boys attend Mandeville HS, one plays tennis and the other football; his other son is a senior/student assistant at LSU.) It will be interesting to see if he gets a head coaching job this offseason because he sounds eager to get back into the game.
    His wife refuses to leave south Louisiana so I hear.

Just in case: Next UL Coaches: Major Applewhite, Ed O, Ron Roberts, June Jones, Turner Gill, Brian Jenkins

6. Default Re: OTHER- Muschamp

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    ,. after he was used as a scape goat for bustle.
    Wouldn't that be on Bustle?

I think Brent still has ties here.

Under the title of purely a fan, I really like Bethune-Cookman's head football coach Brian Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    Just in case: Next UL Coaches: Major Applewhite, Ed O, Ron Roberts, June Jones, Turner Gill, Brian Jenkins
    People still like Major Applewhite? No thank you on him, Ed I and June Jones. Ed O gets you put on the ncaa watch list for recruiting violations immediately and June Jobes is to old. Need a young coach with something to lose. I do like Ron Roberts and Brian Jenkins and Turner Gill are interesting.

I remember when Brian Jenkins would speak at QB Club (Bustle used to bring a different assistant each week). He was intense, very no nonsense. He was not as outwardly enthusiastic as Hud so some might see it as a drop off in personality but he is no less intense.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I think applewhite REALLY wants the smu job.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    I think applewhite REALLY wants the smu job.
    In my opinion Applewhite has never done anything to warrant a head coaching job. Might make w great HC but he was very overrated as an OC.

Brent pry's youngest brother is an asst coach at STM. The middle brother owns some gyms around here. The only coach in that list that is worth a crap is Jenkins (i would love to have someone with his intensity here). The rest of the list is crap.
    P.S. Hud ain't going anywhere, no need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Fellas, Hud isnt gong anywhere unless he chooses a mid tier program. His lack of "BIG SPLASH VICTORY"and at same time steady success makes him a commodity , not a HOT commodity.
    Just my opinion, but that assessment is mostly correct for him to be in serious contention for any SEC head coaching job. Either that, or at least something like a 11-1 season where the one loss is to a big-time school.

HUD has done great things for our football program, athletic department, and the community as a whole. Think of the new energy surrounding the university now, with the increase in donations and national recognition. I hope he gets that big time job he wants. If he does, it'll mean he's taken the program and fanbase on one hell of a good ride, and our potential pool of candidates will be much better than even 2010.

BUT.I want at least 11-1 before he decides to take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Do tell.what splash win did Hugh Freeze have at Ark St? Malzhan at Ark St? Everyone who brings up not having big wins has no clue what they are talking about.
    I agree, while big upsets wins never hurt, it is not a deal breaker like most think. Here are a few more recent examples beside Freeze and Malzahn of bigger programs taking successful G5 coaches despite not having any big "signature wins":

Gary Anderson was hired at Wisconsin from Utah State. While they were ranked in the Top 25 the year he left beating Boise I believe, they had no big signature wins OOC.

Al Golden was hired at Miami from Temple. Temple was in the MAC and had no signature wins while he was there.

Brady Hoke was hired at Michigan from San Diego State. No big signature wins there. He had a win against Indiana several years before while at Ball State. He coached at Michigan from 1995-2002.

Mark Dantonio was hired at Michigan State from Cincinnati. No big signature OOC wins there and they were still in Conference USA at the time. He was DB coach at MSU years earlier for 5 years.

These guys all had a few things in common. They won where ever they were, they built/rebuilt programs, they were young and some had some sort of tie to the school. Those seem to be more important. Schools like Kentucky, Oregon, Florida and Texas Tech hire guys who have never even been a head coach (therefore technically have ZERO signature wins) so it all depends on what route they want to go.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information