Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24

Thread: Final: Louisiana (34) vs ULM (27)

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (34) vs ULM (27)

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    The problem wasnt the coverage the problem was that ulm passed almost every play
    When a team has no running game, and you know they have to throw the ball, it makes it easier on the defense to prepare and focus on pass coverage. It wasn't just the total passing yards put up by ULM. It was witnessing the fact that they had wide open receivers. And when they're receivers caught the ball in those wide open spaces, they picked up significant yardage after the catch, contact or no contact from our secondary. This happens against just about every opponent. Conversely, UL has a devastating running attack, and we cannot produce open receivers. TB has to throw near perfect strikes in traffic.

I'm stoked we're 6-0 in the SBC. Fortunately, even with some massive deficiencies, we're so formidable in other aspects of the game, we are still good overall. I, in fact, think we're weak in the two easiest issues to correct. I believe you almost have to try really hard in south Louisiana to not have outstanding receivers and DBs. And those positions require raw talent far beyond coaching. Linemen should be, by far, the biggest deficit for an SBC program. We have outstanding linemen.

But no. without question. it was not a matter that they threw the ball a lot. We knew from the snap the ball was going in the air, and we have serious problems defending it. It has become a characteristic of this team. If resolved. we're a massively capable program.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    When a team has no running game, and you know they have to throw the ball, it makes it easier on the defense to prepare and focus on pass coverage. It wasn't just the total passing yards put up by ULM. It was witnessing the fact that they had wide open receivers. And when they're receivers caught the ball in those wide open spaces, they picked up significant yardage after the catch, contact or no contact from our secondary. This happens against just about every opponent. Conversely, UL has a devastating running attack, and we cannot produce open receivers. TB has to throw near perfect strikes in traffic.

I'm stoked we're 6-0 in the SBC. Fortunately, even with some massive deficiencies, we're so formidable in other aspects of the game, we are still good overall. I, in fact, think we're weak in the two easiest issues to correct. I believe you almost have to try really hard in south Louisiana to not have outstanding receivers and DBs. And those positions require raw talent far beyond coaching. Linemen should be, by far, the biggest deficit for an SBC program. We have outstanding linemen.

But no. without question. it was not a matter that they threw the ball a lot. We knew from the snap the ball was going in the air, and we have serious problems defending it. It has become a characteristic of this team. If resolved. we're a massively capable program.
    Exactly!

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (34) vs ULM (27)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Spot on.o thought the game plans by both sides were spot on.Cajuns ran because of strengths of ULM are pass rush and DBs.ULM threw because of weakness in DBs.good game IMO

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24

Thread Information