Thread: Football Bowl Subdivision Question.

Default Football Bowl Subdivision Question.

The Advocate describes UL as a Football Bowl Subdivision opponent in their article this morning about the Southern/UL game.

"As they walked off the field, outmatched against a Football Bowl Subdivision opponent that controlled the line of scrimmage and cashed in on their mistakes, the Jaguars were left to lament the opportunities they missed, the mistakes they made."

Is this correct? Is seems like a slap in the face.They also wrote that their were several NFL scout in the press box, but the Advertiser wrote that Jacksonville was the only scout present.What's true? I've always had a problem with the Advocate's subtle slaps to UL, but this is a new one to me.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/57579007.html

Default Re: Football Bowl Subdivision Question.

Hmmm, just seems to me like it says Southern was outmatched by a division 1-a opponent with a better team.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    _ The Advocate describes UL as a Football Bowl Subdivision opponent in their article this morning about the Southern/UL game.

"As they walked off the field, outmatched against a Football Bowl Subdivision opponent that controlled the line of scrimmage and cashed in on their mistakes, the Jaguars were left to lament the opportunities they missed, the mistakes they made."

Is this correct? Is seems like a slap in the face.They also wrote that their were several NFL scout in the press box, but the Advertiser wrote that Jacksonville was the only scout present.What's true? I've always had a problem with the Advocate's subtle slaps to UL, but this is a new one to me.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/57579007.html _
    Football Bowl Subdivision is the new name for Division I with bowls. Football Championship Series is the new name for Division I-AA with playoffs.

4. Default

This is an oversimplification but here goes . . .

Teams who hope to go to Bowl games are in the FBS subdivision.

Teams who hope to win a playoff championship are in the FCS subdivision.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Football Bowl Subdivision is the new name for Division I with bowls. Football Championship Series is the new name for Division I-AA with playoffs. _
    Thanks.Subdivision is what threw me off. Subdivision implies a lower level and when I read playoffs I guess my subconscious was thinking that the obvious would be that the playoffs was being applied to Division 1-A.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football Bowl Subdivision Question.

yeah, that is all correct. fbs=div. 1-a

fcs=div. 1-aa

and this is the advocate. they cater to their southern u. subscribers. they put the best possible spin on it that they can reasonably expect to get away with.

Thread Information