Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No Beer??

1. Default Re: No Beer??

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Friday afternoon, the ATC people were at the stadium checking everything out. They said all was good to go.

After 5pm on Friday the head ATC guy said that we couldn't sell beer because it was a catering license that Sodexho had. (It isn't UL selling beerit's Sodexho).

It's pretty obvious that some politics are involved here. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist by trade, but something smells really strong here.

This may or may not be settled in time for K State next weekend. _
    IF not resolved (it will be) wouldn't it knock out Dome Foam?

Default Re: No Beer??

So what is the latest news?

3. Default Re: No Beer??

Quote Originally Posted by BARK View Post
    _ So what is the latest news? _
    If Stevie P read Ragin Pagin (like he is supposed to) he would be a Stinkin Genius.

That is the very latest.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: No Beer??

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ If Stevie P read Ragin Pagin (like he is supposed to) he would be a Stinkin Genius.

That is the very latest. _
    Stevie P acted like he didn't know anything about it, but that's bull. He just hates any talk that could possibly ruffle feathers. There's no way he didn't know about the beer debacle.

Further, I don't personally care if there was or wasn't beer. However, I do get mad thinking about all of the $ we lost out on by not being able to sell. Someone with the Advertiser or another media outlet needs to look into what happened. It should be pretty easy to trace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ So where are all of our heavy hitting alums in politics to help out here? You know, Blanco (already heard one story of her uselessness), Breaux, and oh yea, Melancon, the latest alum we only hear about when its election time. If they can't even get this straightened out what good are they?

Isn't Sodexho the same group that sells beer in the Cajundome al these years? If their license is goo d for the CD why not here? When the first conspiracy theory was raised I wanted to blow it off as our paranoia based on past history but you added input makes me wonder. You know, you're not paranoid if they really are after you. _
    The Cajundome runs their own concessions under the name Artisan catering and has their own liquor license. Up until last year, they also were in charge of the baseball concessions, and sold the beer there. Sodhexo now runs the baseball concessions and what ever license they have to sell beer there, should carry over to football. i don't know, but I smell corndogs in the air.

_ So where are all of our heavy hitting alums in politics to help out here? You know, Blanco (already heard one story of her uselessness), Breaux, and oh yea, Melancon, the latest alum we only hear about when its election time. If they can't even get this straightened out what good are they?

Isn't Sodexho the same group that sells beer in the Cajundome al these years? If their license is goo d for the CD why not here? When the first conspiracy theory was raised I wanted to blow it off as our paranoia based on past history but you added input makes me wonder. You know, you're not paranoid if they really are after you. _
    Get Jindel on the horn. He's Painter's boss, right?. He's fixing the shrimpers up, he can fix this.

http://la.gov/Government/Organization_Chart/

Can anyone shead some light on this statement?

http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=11084290

Quote Originally Posted by KLFY.com View Post
    _ According to an official with Alcohol and Tobacco Control, the stadium's concession company Sodexo was authorized to sell alcohol to private parties in box seats, but not to the general public.

That story is incorrect. The athletic department always intended beer to be sold to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BARK View Post
    Can anyone shead some light on this statement?

http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=11084290
    igeaux.mobi

9. Default Permit Type

Various Applicable Permit Types

Class AG
    Beer
    Caterer

Class AR
    Beer
    Caterer

Class B
    Beer
    Caterer
    Stand Alone Caterer
    Special Event
    Type A
    Type B
    Type C

The rest of the story

10. Default Re: No Beer??

Beer and hard liquor have always been "Vended" to private parties in box seats. This would not have been news in any way shape or form.

Yet it was

“UL athletics now has a contract with a professional concessionaire firm that has the experience, personnel and training to ensure that all state laws and safety issues concerning the sale of alcohol will be followed,” university athletic director David Walker said in a statement.

If this beer sales retraction has an ounce of truth it will doom beer sales at the Cajun Dome, Tigue Moore Field, IceGator and mudbugs/Wildcatters games.

Seriously, we are all still in the dark! Shed some light any time now!

You're absolutely right. We should blame Blanco & Breaux-- both out of office-- and Melancon, who represents a completely district.

And we should NOT, under ANY circumstances expect accountability from UL alums and current office-holders Boustany and Michot, nor from Jindal, the former head of the UL System and current governor, the guy for whom Lafayette Parish voted twice, the first time over our own local candidate.

I mean my goodness, the last thing we would want to be is fair about the whole thing. Partisan concerns must always trump all other issues.

Particularly accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    _ You're absolutely right. We should blame Blanco & Breaux-- both out of office-- and Melancon, who represents a completely district.

And we should NOT, under ANY circumstances expect accountability from UL alums and current office-holders Boustany and Michot, nor from Jindal, the former head of the UL System and current governor, the guy for whom Lafayette Parish voted twice, the first time over our own local candidate.

I mean my goodness, the last thing we would want to be is fair about the whole thing. Partisan concerns must always trump all other issues.

Particularly accuracy.

_
    Partisanship has nothing to do with it. I honestly did not know that Boustany and Michot were alums. If they are alums of UL and have political pull they should be working for us on this regardless of political party, or where their district is located, or if they are current office holders or retired. I'm just tired of hearing about politicians who are UL alums that want to play that card when its election time but then never visibly support this university. (Although Michot does get credit for his support during the I Bowl incident.) All of the names you mentioned are heavy hitters in LA political circles. That combined with the fact that they are UL alums should give us some heavy stroke over this beaurecrat (sp?) that is holding up this deal. Hell, with UL alums including a former US Senator, a Governor and a current US Representative along with the local officials we should be getting a lot more support than we have been. Yet here it is mid-week and nothign seems to have been resolved.

_ Partisanship has nothing to do with it. I honestly did not know that Boustany and Michot were alums. If they are alums of UL and have political pull they should be working for us on this regardless of political party, or where their district is located, or if they are current office holders or retired. I'm just tired of hearing about politicians who are UL alums that want to play that card when its election time but then never visibly support this university. (Although Michot does get credit for his support during the I Bowl incident.) All of the names you mentioned are heavy hitters in LA political circles. That combined with the fact that they are UL alums should give us some heavy stroke over this beaurecrat (sp?) that is holding up this deal. Hell, with UL alums including a former US Senator, a Governor and a current US Representative along with the local officials we should be getting a lot more support than we have been. Yet here it is mid-week and nothign seems to have been resolved. _
    I for one do not want Melancon or Boustany working on this situation. They have much more important matters than beer at Cajun Field.This problem should be handled by Walker, Farmer, T-Joe and the vendor.

I honestly did not know that Boustany and Michot were alums.
    You need to get out more.

There is this WONDERFUL website that talks about all things UL. In fact, there is an interview of Mike Michot on it, and currently Boustany is on the first page.

And the name of the website is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information