Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No Beer??

Default Re: No Beer??

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ And the State Commission didn't find out about it until 10 AM this morning? Maybe we didn't do the right thing.but the timing on this smells like BS. _
    I agree, its BS

I just heard less than 130 tickets left for the grass

from cajuns sports information:

Cajuns Announce Sellout

The University of Louisiana has announced that all available reserved and general admission tickets are sold out for Saturday’s game vs. Southern. The combination of tickets sold and the seating held for UL students with a valid ID has resulted in the largest pre-game sale in University history.

Contrary to previous announcements, Cajun Field’s concession management firm Sodexo Sports & Leisure will not sell beer in the stadium on Saturday.

Despite Sodexo having received prior approval from the Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control (ATC), a question was raised late Friday afternoon by ATC that remains unresolved.

A decision has been made by Sodexo management and their legal staff that all beer sales will remain on hold until those questions can be answered.

maybe with the grass seating being a little dicy with the possible rain, you don't want someone who has had their limit walking down the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    _ maybe with the grass seating being a little dicy with the possible rain, you don't want someone who has had their limit walking down the hill. _
    You are right, and that area has some uneven ground

What I've heard is that Murphy J Painter of the ATC got cold feet. If we get to sell beer, he feared every college in LA would want to sell beer and he would be forced to grant that due to the fact that UL sells beer. Just what i've heard. Not just a failure on UL's part but the catering company that we contract and the state.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    What I've heard is that Murphy J Painter of the ATC got cold feet. If we get to sell beer, he feared every college in LA would want to sell beer and he would be forced to grant that due to the fact that UL sells beer. Just what i've heard. Not just a failure on UL's part but the catering company that we contract and the state.
    Is any of it UL's fault?

Z

UL Football Re: No Beer??

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ What I've heard is that Murphy J Painter of the ATC got cold feet. If we get to sell beer, he feared every college in LA would want to sell beer and he would be forced to grant that due to the fact that UL sells beer. Just what i've heard. Not just a failure on UL's part but the catering company that we contract and the state. _
    Did he make that decision independently or did someone strongly suggest he not allow us to sell beer. I have always been leery of our North Louisiana bretheren who, for local political reasons, could never sell beer in their stadiums. The timing of his decision is also very suspect. If it was a bad idea Saturday morning, it would have been a bad idea 2 weeks ago. There is more to this story than a administrator having cold feet. Someone "persuaded" him to make that decision and I would be very interested in knowing who was behind it! With 41,000 + fans (voters) at a football game people start noticing and you get considerably more political clout.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Did he make that decision independently or did someone strongly suggest he not allow us to sell beer. I have always been leery of our North Louisiana bretheren who, for local political reasons, could never sell beer in their stadiums. The timing of his decision is also very suspect. If it was a bad idea Saturday morning, it would have been a bad idea 2 weeks ago. There is more to this story than a administrator having cold feet. Someone "persuaded" him to make that decision and I would be very interested in knowing who was behind it!
    Hard NOT to be a conspiracy theorist on this one

Z

Louisiana Re: No Beer??

Where did he go to college? Inquiring minds want to know.

11. Default Re: No Beer??

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ Did he make that decision independently or did someone strongly suggest he not allow us to sell beer. I have always been leery of our North Louisiana bretheren who, for local political reasons, could never sell beer in their stadiums. The timing of his decision is also very suspect. If it was a bad idea Saturday morning, it would have been a bad idea 2 weeks ago. There is more to this story than a administrator having cold feet. Someone "persuaded" him to make that decision and I would be very interested in knowing who was behind it! With 41,000 + fans (voters) at a football game people start noticing and you get considerably more political clout. _
    I thank you and our visiting Mississippian knowledge of laws for talking with our guys about the situation---this is a freakin' outrage and like you told the administration it has to start with somebody trying to hurt UL---Who put the pressure on???? Why???? Maybe follow the money trail---it just cost us over 110K----Why do I pull against other Louisiana schools??? Just leave us alone!!!!

I spoke to a few friends of mine before the game who are ATC agents, and they had no idea about why there were no beer sales at the game. I will check with them again later this week to get the real story.

igeaux.mobi

I also heard that a certain former governor with strong ties to UL, who's husband also worked at UL, could have made a simple call to make the problem go away. Our administration called her and told her of the situation. So, this certain someone gave us "the finger" in my book, because I was told she didnt make a single call to anyone or even try to get anything straighten out. So, she was no good to us in office and now she has just burned any bridge she had, she is useless and i hope her and her husband stays in BR. She obviously doesnt care enough about our program.

Friday afternoon, the ATC people were at the stadium checking everything out. They said all was good to go.

After 5pm on Friday the head ATC guy said that we couldn't sell beer because it was a catering license that Sodexho had. (It isn't UL selling beerit's Sodexho).

It's pretty obvious that some politics are involved here. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist by trade, but something smells really strong here.

This may or may not be settled in time for K State next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ Friday afternoon, the ATC people were at the stadium checking everything out. They said all was good to go.

After 5pm on Friday the head ATC guy said that we couldn't sell beer because it was a catering license that Sodexho had. (It isn't UL selling beerit's Sodexho).

It's pretty obvious that some politics are involved here. And I'm not a conspiracy theorist by trade, but something smells really strong here.

This may or may not be settled in time for K State next weekend. _
    So where are all of our heavy hitting alums in politics to help out here? You know, Blanco (already heard one story of her uselessness), Breaux, and oh yea, Melancon, the latest alum we only hear about when its election time. If they can't even get this straightened out what good are they?

Isn't Sodexho the same group that sells beer in the Cajundome al these years? If their license is goo d for the CD why not here? When the first conspiracy theory was raised I wanted to blow it off as our paranoia based on past history but you added input makes me wonder. You know, you're not paranoid if they really are after you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information