Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

Default Bowl Predictions Anyone?

Since we're now "Bowl Eligible" do you think we'll be going back to NOLA for a forth time? Here are the Sun Belt tie-ins for 2014:
    NOLA Bowl, LA
    GoDaddy Bowl in Mobile, AL
    Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, AL
    Cure Bowl in Orlando, FL <-added this year

One interesting thing is that the NOLA Bowl is currently scheduled for Saturday, December 20, 2014 at 10 a.m. (CST)

My first choice is NOLA. My second choice is the Cure Bowl in Orlando. I know Mobile is closer but, there's more to do in Orlando.

Default Re: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

I'd love to sit here and say its early and all that but I've been looking at the ____ all day. With that said we all understand there is no gaurantee but Id like NOLA vs AirForce or whatever bowl facilitates the toughest opponent. One prediction I did see today (courtesy SBNATION) was NOLA vs Memphis that would be harder to do given the tie ins but damn that would be a sexy matchup.

3. Default Re: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NO BOWL 11 Grad View Post
    I'd love to sit here and say its early and all that but I've been looking at the ____ all day. With that said we all understand there is no gaurantee but Id like NOLA vs AirForce or whatever bowl facilitates the toughest opponent. One prediction I did see today (courtesy SBNATION) was NOLA vs Memphis that would be harder to do given the tie ins but damn that would be a sexy matchup.
    ---Waiting to see what memphis does vs Tulane this week---Tulane beat Houston in a real surprise last week---BTW Memphis seems to have made the turn!!! Could you post the dates and times of the game???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Waiting to see what memphis does vs Tulane this week---Tulane beat Houston in a real surprise last week---BTW Memphis seems to have made the turn!!! Could you post the dates and times of the game???
    It appears they have moved it back to an early time slot (bummer). Scheduled for December 20th at 11:00am

Quote Originally Posted by NuForce View Post
    Since we're now "Bowl Eligible" do you think we'll be going back to NOLA for a forth time? Here are the Sun Belt tie-ins for 2014:
    NOLA Bowl, LA
    GoDaddy Bowl in Mobile, AL
    Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, AL
    Cure Bowl in Orlando, FL <-added this year

One interesting thing is that the NOLA Bowl is currently scheduled for Saturday, December 20, 2014 at 10 a.m. (CST)

My first choice is NOLA. My second choice is the Cure Bowl in Orlando. I know Mobile is closer but, there's more to do in Orlando.
    Cure Bowl starts in 2015. 3 bowls for SBC this season.

Remember, the New Orleans Bowl gets first pick. I find it hard to believe that they will turn down the guaranteed financial bonanza they will get by choosing the Cajuns, but I'm beginning to get the feeling that they want to see what Arkansas State is capable of doing. So if not the New Orleans Bowl, do you want the last game of the day on the first bowl day (December 20) in a seating capacity of 25,000, or the last bowl game day (January 4) in a stadium of 33,471 seats?

Not that is worth anything, but one of the ESPN analysts had us playing Cal in NOLA and another had us against N. Illinois in Mobile. I'd love a shot at California, not in NOLA (only because I'll be offshore on December 20).

I'd kinda like to go to the godaddy bowl. It's something new and I think we'd still have a very solid turnout especially if we have a good matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    I'd kinda like to go to the godaddy bowl. It's something new and I think we'd still have a very solid turnout especially if we have a good matchup.
    Did you go to the game last December in that piece of ____ stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Cure Bowl starts in 2015. 3 bowls for SBC this season.

Remember, the New Orleans Bowl gets first pick. I find it hard to believe that they will turn down the guaranteed financial bonanza they will get by choosing the Cajuns, but I'm beginning to get the feeling that they want to see what Arkansas State is capable of doing. So if not the New Orleans Bowl, do you want the last game of the day on the first bowl day (December 20) in a seating capacity of 25,000, or the last bowl game day (January 4) in a stadium of 33,471 seats?
    What gives you that feeling? No way ASU comes even close to making them as much money as we have.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Did you go to the game last December in that piece of ____ stadium?
    Taking a bus to that stadium is required for most fans. Our fans can't even walk across Congress without complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Taking a bus to that stadium is required for most fans. Our fans can't even walk across Congress without complaining.
    True, I will go no matter what, but I would take the Alumni bus from Lafayette and back. Same thing if we would go to Shreveport, I have no desire to spend time in that town.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    What gives you that feeling? No way ASU comes even close to making them as much money as we have.
    It's not anything I can place my finger on, it's just a feeling and I'm probably WAAAY off base. I agree ASU can't touch the way we polarize that community, but.well, we'll see.

Only reason I'm bummed about a NOLA Bowl bid is because of the jacked up room rates in NOLA due to the Saints-Falcons game the next day. Other than that, no qualms from me.

14. Default Re: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    It's not anything I can place my finger on, it's just a feeling and I'm probably WAAAY off base. I agree ASU can't touch the way we polarize that community, but.well, we'll see.
    ----I think that the time has come for the S-Port Bowl----We burned no bridges last year in our choosing NO and they could probably get a nice opponent for us----Helps recruiting up there and in the Dallas area possibly---Don't know the date but think we might travel very well and that could make their wanting us a major factor in the choice!!!

I honestly would like to see us go somewhere different. I think if we get into the indepence bowl we will have a good crowd.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information