Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

Default Re: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

Went to Indy for the LHSAA finals the Katrina year. Beginning of December and it was cold as ____. From a fans perspective, I'd rather we play indoors. I'm sure the players give zero fricks about that type of stuff though

does anyone know how the indy tie in conferences are doing at this point? will they get to their alotted teams?

ACC bowl eligible teams
    Florida State 6-0 9-0
    Clemson 6-1 7-2
    Louisville 5-3 7-3
    Boston College 3-3 6-4
    Duke 4-1 8-1
    Georgia Tech 5-2 8-2
    Miami (FL) 3-2 6-3
    ACC needing 1 or 2 wins to be bowl eligible.
    North Carolina State 1-5 5-5
    North Carolina 2-3 4-5
    Pittsburgh 2-3 4-5
    Virginia 2-4 4-6
    Virginia Tech 1-4 4-5

SEC bowl eligible teams
    Missouri 4-1 7-2
    Georgia 5-2 7-2
    Mississippi State 5-0 9-0
    Alabama 5-1 8-1
    Ole Miss 4-2 8-2
    Auburn 4-2 7-2
    Texas A&M 3-3 7-3
    LSU 3-3 7-3
    SEC needing 1 or 2 wins to be bowl eligible.
    Florida 4-3 5-3
    Kentucky 2-5 5-5
    South Carolina 2-5 4-5
    Tennessee 1-4 4-5
    Arkansas 0-5 4-5

The Duck Commander Bowl has tie-ins with the SEC (9 teams) and the ACC (7 teams), so which team are we going to beat out to go to a bowl that we have no tie in to?

Last edited by MelRock; November 10th, 2014 at 11:28 am. Reason: I can't spell and SUCKIT HOAX

While we are wishing upon a shiny star, I would love to get into the Texas Bowl in Houston. I know it is not likely but after NOLA, that would be the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    The Duck Commander Bowl has tie-ins with the SEC (9 teams) and the ACC (7 teams), so which team are we going to beat out to go to a bowl that we have no tie in to?
    thanks for clearing that up MelRock. i think too many people overlook this point (knowingly, just to btich, and unknowingly). Indy would be great for just the bowl game, but it probably isnt even possible this year.

Did you go to the game last December in that piece of ____ stadium?
    Nope. I had finals. But I just liked the idea of something different. And mobile seems like a cool city

7. Default Re: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

Due to the timing of all the bowls, not prestige or amenities, Mobile would be good for UL. It gives an extra month of practice and you are the only game on that day, just before the big one. It lets coaches practice young players more and gets you ready for the next spring. Really, I don't care, but how great is it that each year we are talking about which bowl is better for us!?!?

I would love to go to a "better" bowl, but as long as we are in the S-BC we have to be realistic. I say realistic and that does not mean know our place. Just like conference are not taking us because of our "market", the bowls will not take us because of our market. Until we are in a better conference or can go undefeated we are probably stuck in the New Orleans bowl, there could be worse places to be stuck.

The opinions here are mine and mine alone, I know some if not most will disagree with me and I am ok with that.

#GeauxCajuns

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Nope. I had finals. But I just liked the idea of something different. And mobile seems like a cool city
    Fair enough.

I would love to go to a "better" bowl, but as long as we are in the S-BC we have to be realistic. I say realistic and that does not mean know our place. Just like conference are not taking us because of our "market", the bowls will not take us because of our market. Until we are in a better conference or can go undefeated we are probably stuck in the New Orleans bowl, there could be worse places to be stuck.

The opinions here are mine and mine alone, I know some if not most will disagree with me and I am ok with that.

#GeauxCajuns
    I pretty much agree. If it's going to be a small bowl, then NO Bowl is the best site for fans to attend. However, if it just so happen to fall into place, that a great opponent were at one of the other less desirable bowls, then I think as a program we should take it. Just as an example, let's say South Carolina in the Independence, then even though it's not a great location, for the sake of playing a better known opponent, we should take it, imo.

11. Default Re: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

ACC bowl eligible teams
    Florida State 6-0 9-0
    Clemson 6-1 7-2
    Louisville 5-3 7-3
    Boston College 3-3 6-4
    Duke 4-1 8-1
    Georgia Tech 5-2 8-2
    Miami (FL) 3-2 6-3
    ACC needing 1 or 2 wins to be bowl eligible.
    North Carolina State 1-5 5-5
    North Carolina 2-3 4-5
    Pittsburgh 2-3 4-5
    Virginia 2-4 4-6
    Virginia Tech 1-4 4-5

SEC bowl eligible teams
    Missouri 4-1 7-2
    Georgia 5-2 7-2
    Mississippi State 5-0 9-0
    Alabama 5-1 8-1
    Ole Miss 4-2 8-2
    Auburn 4-2 7-2
    Texas A&M 3-3 7-3
    LSU 3-3 7-3
    SEC needing 1 or 2 wins to be bowl eligible.
    Florida 4-3 5-3
    Kentucky 2-5 5-5
    South Carolina 2-5 4-5
    Tennessee 1-4 4-5
    Arkansas 0-5 4-5

---Great post M-Rock---I guess our only, although a huge one, chance rests in our ability to bring more people than any other school to the game---AS the afore mentioned benefits stated, I would take it over the other Bowls and the chance that the Saints take away our lodging!!!

12. Default Re: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

As far as I'm. concerned, the only bowl bigger than the New Orleans Bowl is the Sugar Bowl . and its associates.

The NOLA bowl has some drawbacks this year compared to they past few years but all in all it's still not a bad place to be. There are tons of things to do in. We don't have to worry about weather. With the Mountain West tie in this year we will have a decided advantage over who ever we play.

One of the drawbacks mention was the early start time, which in my eyes, only gives us more time to celebrate after a Cajuns win.

UL Football Re: Bowl Predictions Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Waiting to see what memphis does vs Tulane this week---Tulane beat Houston in a real surprise last week---BTW Memphis seems to have made the turn!!! Could you post the dates and times of the game???
    • NOLA, 12/20 @ 10AM - SBC vs. Mountain West - ESPN
    • Camellia (Montgomery, AL), 12/20 @ 8PM - SBC vs. MAC - ESPN
    • GoDaddy (Mobile, AL), 1/4 @ 8PM - SBC vs. MAC - ESPN
    • Starting in 2015, Cure Bowl (Orlando)- SBC vs. AAC
    • Miami Beach and Bahamas Bowl will be rotated in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Waiting to see what memphis does vs Tulane this week---Tulane beat Houston in a real surprise last week---BTW Memphis seems to have made the turn!!! Could you post the dates and times of the game???
    NOLA, 12/20 @ 10AM - SBC vs. Mountain West - ESPN
    Camellia (Montgomery, AL), 12/20 @ 8PM - SBC vs. MAC - ESPN
    GoDaddy (Mobile, AL), 1/4 @ 8PM - SBC vs. MAC - ESPN
    Starting in 2015, Cure Bowl (Orlando)- SBC vs. AAC
    Miami Beach and Bahamas Bowl will be rotated in the future.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information