Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coach Saunders left team

Default Coach Saunders left team

Scott Prather (@Scott_1420) tweeted at 11:12 AM on Mon, Nov 03, 2014:
    UL just released statement that LB coach David Saunders is not with program "due to personal reasons."

Default Re: Coach Saunders left team

Scott Prather (@Scott_1420) tweeted at 11:13 AM on Mon, Nov 03, 2014:
    UL also states that Saunders position will be assumed by Matt Wallerstedt on an interim basis. He had been hired as a consultant last month.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Scott Prather (@Scott_1420) tweeted at 11:13 AM on Mon, Nov 03, 2014:
    UL also states that Saunders position will be assumed by Matt Wallerstedt on an interim basis. He had been hired as a consultant last month.
    Makes you wonder if this was the plan all along.

From a p5 DC. To a position coach we got a steal Hope he still has ties to some Texas HS

5. Default Re: Coach Saunders left team

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    From a p5 DC. To a position coach we got a steal Thank you
    ---He and Willis I am told were both at T Tech but at different times!! True?? Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---He and Willis I am told were both at T Tech but at different times!! True?? Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that discussion!!
    Yeah Willis was there for tubbervillis first season but left after he got into trouble out there. So we have brought on 2 of Texas tech DC. I'm ok with a guy with a past long as they win

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Yeah Willis was there for tubbervillis first season but left after he got into trouble out there. So we have brought on 2 of Texas tech DC. I'm ok with a guy with a past long as they win
    It's the lessons that are learned from the past that's important.

Anyone notice that the line backers play has been the biggest change as of late?

I thought Willis coached linebackers, Saunders coached corners and Rebow safeties? Does this mean the consultant can now interact with players?

Quote Originally Posted by GrosseTete Cajun View Post
    I thought Willis coached linebackers, Saunders coached corners and Rebow safeties? Does this mean the consultant can now interact with players?
    I think so. He will be a full fledged coach on an interim basis.

Quote Originally Posted by GrosseTete Cajun View Post
    Correct. He was the cornerbacks coach.

First line of the profile.

David Saunders enters his fourth season on the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns coaching staff, where he works with the outside linebackers.

12. Default Re: Coach Saunders left team

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    First line of the profile.

David Saunders enters his fourth season on the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns coaching staff, where he works with the outside linebackers.
    ----Things get changed as with Rebowe I think that coached the inside DBs and inside LBs---Don't hold me to that but filling the box at times it makes some sense!!!

13. Default UL assistant football coach Saunders no longer with team

David Saunders has left his post as an assistant coach with the UL football team, the school announced today.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Correct. He was the cornerbacks coach.
    He was the OLB Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    Makes you wonder if this was the plan all along.
    Not for Coach Saunders. Coach Hudspeth said today that he would have rather this happened at the end of the season, not in the middle of a winning streak and recruiting. Its clear that this was not planned and Coach Saunders needs this time off to deal with personal matters. Coach Hudspeth was clear this will hurt recruiting because Saunders is in Miami and other areas. Coach Saunders is the assistant recruiting coordinator, so this hurts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information