Thread: Number 11

UL Football Number 11

10 < > 12

Can anyone think of a former Ragin Cajun football player who wore number 11?

Default Re: Number 11

Roy Henry - QB - 1975 & 1976

3. Default Re: Number 11

I recruited Roy from St Aug---I remember crying my eyes out when he told me he was going to go to Notre Dame---Zig Ziglar called my recruiting intelligent ignorance ----My wife and I saw the movie Rudy and I saw what I was recruiting against-----we stood up after the movie a just laughed for about 5 minutes---But rebounding we got him------My mom taught his lil brother and other of my recruits---I stayed many days in the upper and lower 9th ward!!!!Augie and Ron Gomez made a video of the '75 season-----We were good!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Number 11

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ I recruited Roy from St Aug---I remember crying my eyes out when he told me he was going to go to Notre Dame---Zig Ziglar called my recruiting intelligent ignorance ----My wife and I saw the movie Rudy and I saw what I was recruiting against-----we stood up after the movie a just laughed for about 5 minutes---But rebounding we got him------My mom taught his lil brother and other of my recruits---I stayed many days in the upper and lower 9th ward!!!!Augie and Ron Gomez made a video of the '75 season-----We were good!!!! _
    Those 2 seaons with Henry were special. You did good Boomer.

I know I'll step on toes here, but I consider Roy Henry the best passing quarterback the Cajuns have ever had. There was so much talent there.

I have a Question Re: Number 11

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I know I'll step on toes here, but I consider Roy Henry the best passing quarterback the Cajuns have ever had. There was so much talent there.
    Really!? That good, huh? Can you explain a little more? I was just hitting the double digits in age at that time so I have no recollection of him.

Default Re: Number 11

If Roy Henry would have had Jake Delhomme and/or Brian Mitchell's leadership ability and character, there is no telling what he could have become. Probably the most gifted (Physically) of any QB in UL history!

UL Football Re: Number 11

Just the fact that he was a part of the 1973 Notre Dame recruiting class should tell you all you need to know about Roy Henry. In 1974 he transferred and had to sit out a year. That year he ran the scout squad and nobody could tackle him. I also will add that the USL defense never played against a quarterback any better all year. Roy Henry played in the Blue-Gray All-Star game after his senior year. Unfortunately, Roy Henry was only about Roy Henry. He was good, he knew it and he wanted everyone else to know it too. On a bet, I once saw him drop back and hit a helmet laying on the field from 50 yards away on a line. Phenominal arm and threw a nice catchable ball.

UL Football Re: Number 11

Worked for a company named Atlantic Pacific Marine Corporation out of Houma, La during summers of my college years in the 70's. Roy worked for the same outfit one summer. Played a little pass one day and he definitely had a cannon for an arm. Had to comment that he was as nice and a humble person as you would ever want to meet.

9. Default Re: Number 11

Dan Davidson Texada from Alexandria 1936, 1937, perhaps 1938

Thread Information