Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beer at the swamp.Looks like we win!

Default Re: Beer at the swamp.Looks like we win!

http://www.clarionledger.com/article.-Memphis-games

Suds allowed at Memphis games

OXFORD — Ole Miss fans who venture to the Liberty Bowl for the season-opening football game against Memphis will be able to enjoy a cold one with their pigskin.

That's because the city of Memphis has decided to allow beer sales at the stadium for University of Memphis home games this season.

The policy will begin when Ole Miss travels to face Memphis in the first game for both teams. The Sept. 6 game will be televised on ESPN. Kickoff is 2:30 p.m.

Jack Sammons, Memphis' chief administrative officer, told The Commercial Appeal that beer sales are projected to bring in $260,000 over the season, which would help the Liberty Bowl stave off projected losses.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ VP for beer mentioned that the booths would be set up on the top of the endzone areas and ergo not interfere with the rest of the concession areas--Smart move to keep both lines moving---I told him he was the guy who brought "Suds to the Swamp"!!!!!!! _
    I think that is a good idea. First, it takes a little effort to get to the booths. It also allows "observers" to identify someone who isn't in any condition to purchase another beer.

I intend to bring a custom-made beer hauling backpack. It allows me to carry 16 20-ounce cups of beer. I designed it with a gyroscopic anti-slosh balancing system. I have a prototype that has an "intelligent straw" that moves from cup to cup, without any interruption in flow. I'm also working on a pair of shoes that keep we walking in a straight line, regardless of my level of inebriation, and a hat that has a full audio reproduction system that translates my slurred words and makes me sound like a fully coherent person. I'm actually using the keyboard translator version of it right now. and I'm hammered out of my mind.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    _ This comes from the Ragin Cajun Football Fan Guide on ragincajuns.com
    Thanks. I actually ran across that this morning while looking for some other stuff. The lil lady isn't going to be happy. She hates those 'nacho cheese in a cup' SOB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I think that is a good idea. First, it takes a little effort to get to the booths. It also allows "observers" to identify someone who isn't in any condition to purchase another beer.

I intend to bring a custom-made beer hauling backpack. It allows me to carry 16 20-ounce cups of beer. I designed it with a gyroscopic anti-slosh balancing system. I have a prototype that has an "intelligent straw" that moves from cup to cup, without any interruption in flow. I'm also working on a pair of shoes that keep we walking in a straight line, regardless of my level of inebriation, and a hat that has a full audio reproduction system that translates my slurred words and makes me sound like a fully coherent person. I'm actually using the keyboard translator version of it right now. and I'm hammered out of my mind. _

Hillarious!

_ I think that is a good idea. First, it takes a little effort to get to the booths. It also allows "observers" to identify someone who isn't in any condition to purchase another beer.

I intend to bring a custom-made beer hauling backpack. It allows me to carry 16 20-ounce cups of beer. I designed it with a gyroscopic anti-slosh balancing system. I have a prototype that has an "intelligent straw" that moves from cup to cup, without any interruption in flow. I'm also working on a pair of shoes that keep we walking in a straight line, regardless of my level of inebriation, and a hat that has a full audio reproduction system that translates my slurred words and makes me sound like a fully coherent person. I'm actually using the keyboard translator version of it right now. and I'm hammered out of my mind. _
    I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzpop View Post
    _ I'm obviously in the minority here, and who knows how this will turn out, but I wish that this was a threshold the university had not crossed. The potential for problems and tragedies will certainly be increased. I'm not a prude, and yes I drink, but drunk is drunk.
    I doubt that local behavior patterns are much different here or in Minnesota where booze is concerned. Hope the need for revenue hasn't trumped reponsibility and good sense. Our wonderful local culture has a dark side that encourages alcohol as a necessary part of every social event. Beer in the stadium is sure to be a party to that. _
    Well put. We can't put anything more than mediocrity on the field but we'll have a rockin good time watching it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    _ Well put. We can't put anything more than mediocrity on the field but we'll have a rockin good time watching it. _
    What are you doing to help elevate our situation at UL? Please have a rockin good time while you explain.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I thought Colorado St sold beer _
    They don't sell beer.

They sell Coors.

_ What are you doing to help elevate our situation at UL? Please have a rockin good time while you explain. _
    Alcohol should surely elevate it. Why would they need my help?

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    _ Alcohol should surely elevate it. Why would they need my help? _
    You can clean the restrooms. I hear beer makes some people go more often.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information