Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beer at the swamp.Looks like we win!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Beer at the swamp.Looks like we win!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ People who drink beer at the cajundome haven't been drinking for the past 8-10 hours in the heat prior to drinking their warm draft at the game. Football games are always rowdier than any other sport and it along with boozing always leads to improper behavior. _
    I can assure you that any scandalous behavior will be blamed on the beer sales. right or wrong. If drinking creates such objectionable problems at UL football games, I would think the first 30 minutes after kick-off from the "8-10 hours of parking lot drinking" would create its own little pandemonium. I've never seen it. I don't expect a couple draft beers over the course of another 3 hours is going to break the damn.

I'll say it again. I am not promoting out of control drinking. but I am pretty much a "let people do what they want to do and manage the abuser" kind of guy. I know people that don't drink that I would like to toss out of many a public event. Unfortunately, I think that a rowdy, fun-loving beer drinker is going to get "tagged" as unacceptable.

I vote that for every out of control beer drinker we have in the stadium, we have to pluck one of the frowning, sitting on their hands fans complainer, and put them in a UFC cage to duke it out at halftime. I not only want the revenue from beer sales. I want the revenue from any of the unsavory fall-out.

2. Default Re: Beer at the swamp.Looks like we win!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ People who drink beer at the cajundome haven't been drinking for the past 8-10 hours in the heat prior to drinking their warm draft at the game. Football games are always rowdier than any other sport and it along with boozing always leads to improper behavior. _
    If you think there is no drinking going on in the stadium without beer sales, you are fooling yourself, zeph. I for one am happy that I don't have to start drinking whiskey once I get into the stadium after 8-10 hours of drinking brewskis in the parking lot. A nice cool Abita Amber sounds like the ticket.

As for rowdy behavior: I see far less of it coming from my crew as a result of this (see whiskey reference above).

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by katc.com
    The UL Athletics Department now has a contract with a professional concessionaire firm that has the experience, personnel and training to ensure that all state laws and safety issues concerning the sale of alcohol will be followed.
    Does anyone know if this concessionaire firm will be handling all concessions from here on out and if Sodexho is gone, or if this is in addition to Sodexho?

I ask becasuse Sodexho's "employees" seemed more like volunteers, and while in some ways they were better than what we had before, their system still seemed a bit antiquated. And, I certainly wouldn't classify them as a "professional concessionaire firm."

4. Default Re: Beer at the swamp.Looks like we win!

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ And, I certainly wouldn't classify them as a "professional concessionaire firm." _
    Case in point: their handling of the all beef hotdog incident of 2007. Man, those things are slippery. They didn't even warn me.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzpop View Post
    _ I'm obviously in the minority here, and who knows how this will turn out, but I wish that this was a threshold the university had not crossed. The potential for problems and tragedies will certainly be increased. I'm not a prude, and yes I drink, but drunk is drunk.
    I doubt that local behavior patterns are much different here or in Minnesota where booze is concerned. Hope the need for revenue hasn't trumped reponsibility and good sense. Our wonderful local culture has a dark side that encourages alcohol as a necessary part of every social event. Beer in the stadium is sure to be a party to that. _
    I finally realized how bad a shape our program was in when someone on Friday was telling me how this "will help us put people in the stands." When the only way to get a good crowd is to have beer. well. things are worse than I thought.

Oh. and don't compare basketball or baseball crowds to football crowds. They are just not the same.

Anybody know pricing? Is going to be like the Cajundome $8 beer? Or Tigue $5? I'll pay whatever the cost, I just want to know how much I need to get out of the ATM before entering. haha

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ I finally realized how bad a shape our program was in when someone on Friday was telling me how this "will help us put people in the stands." When the only way to get a good crowd is to have beer. well. things are worse than I thought.

Oh. and don't compare basketball or baseball crowds to football crowds. They are just not the same. _
    I think this is false. What I think beer will do is keep people at the game longer and get us more revenue. Over the past 15 years we have mostly served up horrible football. In spite of this we still out draw most SCB and in-state teams. If we every get good at football we will have a packed stadium(30K) regardless of the beer situation.

ok, I thought this was a joke at first till I saw the wafb piece why would a baton rouge station have a story on this before any news whatsoever has been mentioned in lafayette? something aint right here I'll believe it when I taste itLOL

I was told by a friend that a local BR station said that Southern would NOT be selling beer this year. One of the articles mentioned Southern would be selling beer as well, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I didn't see the news broadcast, did anyone else hear/see this?

10. Default Re: Beer at the swamp.Looks like we win!

VP for beer mentioned that the booths would be set up on the top of the endzone areas and ergo not interfere with the rest of the concession areas--Smart move to keep both lines moving---I told him he was the guy who brought "Suds to the Swamp"!!!!!!!

Any idea how many D1 schools sell beer now?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Any idea how many D1 schools sell beer now? _

From what I'ver gathered, I believe UL, Tulane and Miami will be the only three schools serving alcohol in 2009 (with the exception of suite alcohol sales). Tulane and Miami both play in professional stadiums, so it sounds as if UL will be the only true college stadium to serve beer. Despite what one of the articles said, it doesn't appear as if Southern is ready to cross this bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Does anyone know if this concessionaire firm will be handling all concessions from here on out and if Sodexho is gone, or if this is in addition to Sodexho?

I ask becasuse Sodexho's "employees" seemed more like volunteers, and while in some ways they were better than what we had before, their system still seemed a bit antiquated. And, I certainly wouldn't classify them as a "professional concessionaire firm." _

This comes from the Ragin Cajun Football Fan Guide on ragincajuns.com

Concessions
    While you are at Cajun Field, do not forget to visit the Sodexo concession stands
    located on each concourse level. Here is a list of prices of the items that can be
    bought at the concession stands.
    Beverages Food and Snacks
    Regular $3.00 Hot Dog $3.00
    Souvenir $4.00 Hamburger $4.00
    Bottled Soda $3.00 Popcorn $3.00
    Bottled Water $3.00 Nachos $3.00
    Powerade $3.00 Pretzel $4.00
    Peanuts $3.00
    Candy $3.00
    Cotton Candy $3.00
    If you do not want to go to the concession stands, there are other food and drink
    stations around the stadium. Below is a list of some of the stations.

First Level Press Box Side Concourse
    •Roy’s Fresh Lemonade
    •Mr. Vic’s Fresh Roasted Peanuts
    •Big Kahuna Steak Burger
    •Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
    •Funnel Cakes
    •Ice Cream Stand
    •Beer Stands

Second Level Press Box Side Concourse
    •Ice Cream Stand
    •Beer Stand

Student Side Concourse
    •Roy’s Fresh Lemonade
    •Mr. Vic’s Fresh Roasted Peanuts
    •Ice Cream Stand
    •Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
    •Beer Stands

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ From what I'ver gathered, I believe UL, Tulane and Miami will be the only three schools serving alcohol in 2009 (with the exception of suite alcohol sales). Tulane and Miami both play in professional stadiums, so it sounds as if UL will be the only true college stadium to serve beer. Despite what one of the articles said, it doesn't appear as if Southern is ready to cross this bridge. _
    Houston as well

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    _ Houston as well _
    I thought Colorado St sold beer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information