Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freshman QB committed to getting better

1. Default Freshman QB committed to getting better

Blaine Gautier knows that sophomores Brad McGuire and Chris Masson are still fighting for the starting quarterback job at UL.

While McGuire or Masson is expected to start in the team's Sept. 5 opener against Southern University, Gautier will likely see some action this fall because of his playmaking abilities. The redshirt freshman spent the summer breaking down film and digesting the playbook and has carried that forward progress in fall camp.

"I was really focused and put in a lot of hard work in the summer," Gautier said. "I've definitely gotten smarter with the offense and know more protection-wise. Right now I'm just trying to get more experience."

The rest of the story

Default Re: Freshman QB committed to getting better

"Defensive end Nate Douglas is out for the season after not being cleared medically. Defensive end Justin Anderson (shoulder) and offensive lineman Evan Ruiz (back) are out indefinitely after not being cleared medically."

Does anyone know what happened to Nate Douglas?? Alot of bad news

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    From what I've seen of this kid on the field he looks like he is going to be very very good. He just needs to grow and learn a little bit. Not quite ready to start but I think he is almost there.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    _ "Defensive end Nate Douglas is out for the season after not being cleared medically. Defensive end Justin Anderson (shoulder) and offensive lineman Evan Ruiz (back) are out indefinitely after not being cleared medically."

Does anyone know what happened to Nate Douglas?? Alot of bad news _
    Douglas has an undisclosed head injury. He is a big loss to the D-line. We will still be vastly improved without him, but he is one of our top 3 or 4 d-line players.

From what I understand from people around the program, Blaine worked very hard this summer learning the playbook and breaking down film. I know I ran into him a couple of times at the athletic complex and he looked much bigger than his redshirt year. I'd guess he put on at least 10-15 pounds since arriving here and he just seems to have that look in his eyes that he will be a good one.

I'm bummed about Nate as well. I just hope he is able to come back next year and play and be a huge contributor. Then, after he is done, maybe he can get a medical year back as well. He is our best pass rusher and along with Cook, we've now lost arguably our two best pass rushers in about 8 months. Not good.

6. Default Re: Freshman QB committed to getting better

Isn't that 5 that would have seen the field now???? The 2 off field lost, Walker, and now the walking wounded!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Isn't that 5 that would have seen the field now???? The 2 off field lost, Walker, and now the walking wounded!!!!!! _

huh?

Here we go again. Let's get the excuses ready. Let's see, "young, inexperienced, injuries, tough schedule." I know I'm leaving some out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ Here we go again. Let's get the excuses ready. Let's see, "young, inexperienced, injuries, tough schedule." I know I'm leaving some out. _
    No excuses yet. Are you saying last year's reasons for complaint werent valid? Its tough when your QB is at half speed most of the year and you have 10 or so defensive players out for the year including having to play 3rd and 4th string players.

So far our injuries are minimal and shouldnt affect wins/losses.

As for schedule, it is what it is and at least we have some good home games to take advantage of. I dont think tough schedule has been given often for an excuse. Its always going to include 2 losses off the bat when you play top 25 teams until we can get to that next level.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ No excuses yet. Are you saying last year's reasons for complaint werent valid? Its tough when your QB is at half speed most of the year and you have 10 or so defensive players out for the year including having to play 3rd and 4th string players.

So far our injuries are minimal and shouldnt affect wins/losses.

As for schedule, it is what it is and at least we have some good home games to take advantage of. I dont think tough schedule has been given often for an excuse. Its always going to include 2 losses off the bat when you play top 25 teams until we can get to that next level. _
    I think last years injuries were a valid reason for the end result of the season, to a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ Here we go again. Let's get the excuses ready. Let's see, "young, inexperienced, injuries, tough schedule." I know I'm leaving some out. _

Who is starting with excuses? Nobody is making excuses for anything. However, if you can't put a certain logic on inexperience and youth then there is not much that can be said.

12. Default Re: Freshman QB committed to getting better

again I will say we have lost 5 players that would have seen the field this year---Am I wrong???? 2 we lost because of off field problems---Walker did not qualify and the injuries!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ again I will say we have lost 5 players that would have seen the field this year---Am I wrong???? 2 we lost because of off field problems---Walker did not qualify and the injuries!!! _

No, your sentence before wasn't exactly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ No, your sentence before wasn't exactly clear. _
    I understood him. LOL. But I've known him for a few years.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I understood him. LOL. But I've known him for a few years.
    Its that Vermilion Parish accent that throws most folks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information