Thread: Drove through campus

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Drove through campus

Campus looks great as they have made some very nice improvements over the last few years. My only complaint was concerning Rex Street. I haven't been down that street in years, so I decided to check it out before school kicks back up. There were several very large potholes on Rex that should be filled ASAP. I'm assuming the city is in charge of this? Regardless, they should really fix this minor problem before school starts. Not only are they an eye sore, but it makes for an uncomfortable ride.

Default Re: Just drove through campus

I was going to stop by the bookstore hoping to find a nice white UL polo shirt but the rain scratched that plan. When do classes start back up? Because I'm definitely not going near there after school is in session.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ I was going to stop by the bookstore hoping to find a nice white UL polo shirt but the rain scratched that plan. When do classes start back up? Because I'm definitely not going near there after school is in session. _
    Monday I think. I went yesterday and there were some students buying books but campus is pretty quiet as you can see. You better make it this week.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Just drove through campus

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Monday I think. I went yesterday and there were some students buying books but campus is pretty quiet as you can see. You better make it this week. _
    Correct, classes start Monday. I was at the bookstore at noon and there was no place to park near the Union. All lots were full.

There is a nice selection of shirts, caps, etc. available at the bookstore. Nice sale items too. Long sleeve UL tees for $4.99. I'll be back there tomorrow. Forgot my 20% discount card.

For those interested, many nice items without the dreaded city tag.

Thanks, I thought that was the case. My little bro just transferred to UL from the community college. A visit to the bookstore sounds like a great reason to leave work early on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _

There is a nice selection of shirts, caps, etc. available at the bookstore. Nice sale items too. Long sleeve UL tees for $4.99. I'll be back there tomorrow. Forgot my 20% discount card.

_

What is this discount card you speak of? Also, make sure you drive down Rex afterwards and check out the craters in the right land, lol.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Just drove through campus

_ What is this discount card you speak of? Also, make sure you drive down Rex afterwards and check out the craters in the right land, lol. _
    Football season ticket holders and UL Alumni Association members get a 20% discount on UL merchandise purchases made at the UL Bookstore.

I'll try Rex out. My Chevy shouldn't have any difficulties maneuvering those moon craters. LOL

_ Football season ticket holders and UL Alumni Association members get a 20% discount on UL merchandise purchases made at the UL Bookstore.

I'll try Rex out. My Chevy shouldn't have any difficulties maneuvering those moon craters. LOL _
    I totally forget about my Alumni Assc discount for everything (not just at the bookstore.) There are a lot of discounts you get with it if I remember right. I used 1 of my season ticket discount cards.

_ Thanks, I thought that was the case. My little bro just transferred to UL from the community college. A visit to the bookstore sounds like a great reason to leave work early on Friday! _
    You should check with the bookstore to see if they're going to be open on Friday afternoon. Most stuff on campus shuts down at 12:30 on Fridays.

Because I'm definitely not going near there after school is in session.
    That's the best time to go to campus!

The scenery improves quite dramatically when classes start, if you know what
    I mean

I went Monday to the bookstore and they have some new zip-up sweaters that simply read LOUISIANA RAGIN CAJUNS on the front.

Pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _
    The scenery improves quite dramatically when classes start, if you know what
    I mean
    Point well taken. Trust me, I drive through campus plenty when school is in session. I don't mind adding an extra five minutes to my commute for some good "scenery". I'll probably just go tommorow thanks to the other poster concerning the Friday situation.

Point well taken. Trust me, I drive through campus plenty when school is in session. I don't mind adding an extra five minutes to my commute for some good "scenery". I'll probably just go tommorow thanks to the other poster concerning the Friday situation.
    The good "scenery" should be in full effect by now!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbam View Post
    _ The good "scenery" should be in full effect by now! _
    It was nice this morning when I made my stop on campus.

14. Default Re: Just drove through campus

_ It was nice this morning when I made my stop on campus. _
    The scenery has been great at band camp. Its really hot and we're out there for hours at a time! The scenery has to dress cool!!! haha!

Thread Information