Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 9.58

Default Re: 9.58

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ What do you consider "munchkin sized". There have been quite a few great sprinters over 6'0 as of late. _
    <5'10"

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbam View Post
    _ Yeah, but can he catch a football is my question? LOL. _
    Didn't Justin Gatlin tryout for a few NFL teams? I know Willie Gault and Bob Hayes had success in the NFL, but can't remember any others as of late.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 9.58

_ Yeah, but can he catch a football is my question? LOL. _
    Why would he want to? He can make $50,000/week in Europe just for showing up at a track meet; not counting the money he'll get from winning. That's not including public appearance money and endorsements. He could easily clear severall million a year doing what he's doing, without the high injury risk.

This isn't the old days when track was completely amateur.

His appearance fee when he went to Canada for a meet this year was $250,000. That was just to show up. Yea, he's about the only one making NFL type of money in track and field. I doubt he can catch a football, but I don't think he cares much.

Quote Originally Posted by lonpvh View Post
    His appearance fee when he went to Canada for a meet this year was $250,000. That was just to show up. Yea, he's about the only one making NFL type of money in track and field. I doubt he can catch a football, but I don't think he cares much.
    Good Lord! I surely wasn't aware that track guys can make that much money.Where does it come from?

Anyway, it would be pretty awesome for him to be able to run down some of Brees' passes while blowing by the d-backs and safeties!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 9.58

_ Good Lord! I surely wasn't aware that track guys can make that much money.Where does it come from?

Track & Field is a sport that is followed by many throughout the world. Not too much here in the US of A. 30,000 to 40,000 folks in a track stadium in Berlin, Munich or Stockholm can pay for a lot of guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by lonpvh View Post
    _ Actually, Bolt is 6'5" tall, not sure of the weight. He's an athlete unlike anything I have ever seen in my time of coaching track and field. Gay ran a great race, 3rd fastest time ever is not too bad. I like his comment after the race. He said it took a world record to beat him. _
    Is that you Lon? When are you coming back to Cajun country?

_ Good Lord! I surely wasn't aware that track guys can make that much money.Where does it come from?

Anyway, it would be pretty awesome for him to be able to run down some of Brees' passes while blowing by the d-backs and safeties! _
    Outside of the United States track is probaly the third most popular sport. Soccer being number one and then maybe basketball, track might be number two in some countries. I know a large number of world class athletes train in the U.S. because they can go unnoticed here, where in Europe they are mobbed by fans.

Yea, that's me. I don't know when I'll ever make it back home. I'll just be content enough for now to coach against my alma mater and try to beat the pole vaulter that will probably end up breaking my school record. Lon

Bolt shatters 200m World Record

BERLIN (AP) - Usain Bolt has set a world record of 19.19 seconds in the 200 meters at the world championships, adding to the gold he won in the 100.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    _ Bolt shatters 200m World Record

BERLIN (AP) - Usain Bolt has set a world record of 19.19 seconds in the 200 meters at the world championships, adding to the gold he won in the 100. _
    If he would be willing to get out of his comfort zone, Bolt could hold the world record in the 100m, 200m, and the 400m. He is built for the 400m and would destroy the world record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information