Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nixon returns to Cajuns' rotation

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    .with aloe. ☺️

Default Re: Nixon returns to Cajuns' rotation

Response to side note: One does not get a mandatory NCAA suspension for a first offense.

Answer to side question: Suspensions have no effect one way or the other on redshirting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    --Our 2 biggest rivals in recruiting and playing---You don't enjoy the posts ---don't read---But I used them in this case because of their offensive philosophy of a much less QB run oriented style!!! BTW is it OK to use Miss State??? LOL
    Yes, Boom, I suppose it it's ok for you to pull Tech, Tulane, Miss St, or whomever into a conversation about our QB depth chart. You may also pull those schools into a conversation about lasagna if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Agreed. I've been saying this all along. Nixon is the better backup to Broadway. While Haack is the better qb to base the offense around in the spring. Plus, if something were to happen to Haack next season, I feel like the team would adjust better going from a more pocket passing qb to a scrambler rather than the other way around. That's not a main reason Haack should start next year, but it is a factor to be considered.
    Imagine having a running game and a passing game. Crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Imagine having a running game and a passing game. Crazy talk.
    The question is, will Nixon, Davis and populists have to beat out haack at his game? Or will haack be forced to try to beat them at their game. That's where I don't think, let's just say "they" are willing to change.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Response to side note: One does not get a mandatory NCAA suspension for a first offense.

Answer to side question: Suspensions have no effect one way or the other on redshirting.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The question is, will Nixon, Davis and populists have to beat out haack at his game? Or will haack be forced to try to beat them at their game. That's where I don't think, let's just say "they" are willing to change.
    I agree that this is the case. I have the same feeling about Nixon either way.

I don't know why anyone thinks Haack will not be the starter next year. If he wasn't in the plans, I guarantee you that Hudspeth would let him know and he would be transferring. The fact is, our offense THIS YEAR is built for a runner. Everyone on the field is used to a runner. Offensive lineman have an internal clock that says after a few seconds, they can find someone to block downfield because Broadway is running. Nixon plays that same way. Not to mention, it was a couple of plays that were already in the gameplan. Broadway didn't go down and Nixon hasn't been named the new starter. This is much ado about nothing.

Hudspeth and Johnson will install a pass oriented offense during the offseason and the adjustments will be made to fit Haack's strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I don't know why anyone thinks Haack will not be the starter next year. If he wasn't in the plans, I guarantee you that Hudspeth would let him know and he would be transferring. The fact is, our offense THIS YEAR is built for a runner. Everyone on the field is used to a runner. Offensive lineman have an internal clock that says after a few seconds, they can find someone to block downfield because Broadway is running. Nixon plays that same way. Not to mention, it was a couple of plays that were already in the gameplan. Broadway didn't go down and Nixon hasn't been named the new starter. This is much ado about nothing.

Hudspeth and Johnson will install a pass oriented offense during the offseason and the adjustments will be made to fit Haack's strengths.
    Because your other back up was suspended, why would you tell your only other qb with snaps to transfer and have 2 true freshman backing up broadway? If brooks wanted to transfer I'm sure HUD would allow it, but I promise you he sure as hell wouldn't bring it up or suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Because your other back up was suspended, why would you tell your only other qb with snaps to transfer and have 2 true freshman backing up broadway? If brooks wanted to transfer I'm sure HUD would allow it, but I promise you he sure as hell wouldn't bring it up or suggest it.
    Haack is from Texas, not Louisiana. If he transferred it would not likely be Tulane orLouisiana tech. He is not leaving so it is a moot point

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post

Jay stated on-air that offensive coaches on the staff have made multiple statements saying dont be surprised if Davis is starting next year. Whether its coach-speak, that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Haack is from Texas, not Louisiana. If he transferred it would not likely be Tulane orLouisiana tech. He is not leaving so it is a moot point
    No clue what you are talking about, never mentioned where haack is from, Tulane or tech.I'm not boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Your talent for working Tech and Tulane into every conversation continues to reach fresh pinnacles.
    This is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Jay stated on-air that offensive coaches on the staff have made multiple statements saying dont be surprised if Davis is starting next year. Whether its coach-speak, that remains to be seen.
    Yep. Coaches like him and it will be a battle.

Hud wants his quarterback to pass, run and manage the game. That third attribute is very underrated and something that is often hard to see by us fans. Hud stated in an interview this week that Broadway was free to check off any plays he likes and most of our big running plays were called by Broadway based on what he saw in the defense. I personally love that it will be a three way battle and hope we get the best out of all three of our QB's next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If I'm remembering correctly, I think he was offered by Houston out of high school.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information