Thread: Down and Dirty

1. Default Down and Dirty

For UL's defense to be better than it was last season, defensive end Terrell Richardson knows that it all starts up front.

That's why the junior likes to see his teammates on the defensive line competing with each other every day in fall camp.

"We try to push each other hard at practice because we want to take everything to the next level, like getting to the ball faster," Richardson said. "We expect more out of each other. We don't take stuff from anybody. Everything counts.

"We just need to make it happen."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

Track & Field Re: Down and Dirty

Mr. Parrott,

A fine piece of reporting indeed.

You actually referenced 12 players, provided updates, and spoke to and quoted several of them in the process.

I hope we stay healthy up front, beause it looks like we have the horses to get the job done.

THANKS!!!

Default Re: Down and Dirty

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ Mr. Parrott,

A fine piece of reporting indeed.

You actually referenced 12 players, provided updates, and spoke to and quoted several of them in the process.

I hope we stay healthy up front, beause it looks like we have the horses to get the job done.

THANKS!!! _

That is exactly where the success of the D will begin this year, up front. I'm glad these guys know it and seem to have worked really hard to improve. We have to create up front to keep some of those OL off of our Linebackers. Also, we should be one of the larger DL's in the league for sure. We should average about 280 up front across the board so I think the pieces are beginning to take place.

Thread Information