Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lady Cajuns Soccer 2009

Louisiana Campus Re: YES! Lady Cajuns WIN over FAU 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Congratulations! It's been a tough year, but I admire the fact that the team fights to the end. You should be proud as are we of this effort. Good luck this weekend.

2. UL Soccer Louisiana Lady Cajuns Soccer Carries the Weekend

Chatman Gives Cajuns Win Over USA

Cayla Chatman leads the Cajuns with four goals this season.

Freshman Cayla Chatman's early goal was enough to lift Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns soccer team over the Jaguars of South Alabama in Mobile on Sunday with a 1-0 victory.

Chatman's fourth score on the year came in the 13th minute of the contest. Kelli Jestes was credited for the assist as the freshman forward was able to beat USA's keeper on a breakaway, finding the left side of the net. The game-winning goal was Chatman's only shot recorded on the afternoon.

Both Chatman and Jestes lead all Cajuns with four goals on the season.

The Cajuns' defense also proved invaluable with goalkeeper Lauren Berlingo recording seven saves in her second shutout this year.

The Jaguars outshot the Cajuns, 14-9, but both teams recorded seven shots on goal.

UL improves to 2-15-1 on the season and 2-8-0 in Sun Belt play with the win.

Louisiana will play its season finale on the road against Louisiana-Monroe on Friday. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. CT.

UL SI

Louisiana Campus Re: Louisiana Lady Cajuns Soccer Carries the Weekend

.very happy to see the win. Despite the tough season with injuries and close losses, the team always plays with great passion. All should be proud.

4. UL Soccer Weather Forces Final Match To Saturday

Louisiana's Lady Cajuns soccer team will close out the 2009 season with a trip to Monroe, La., to take on in-state and Sun Belt rival Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday at 2 p.m. CT. The match was originally scheduled for Friday evening, but incoming inclement weather has forced a change. Saturday's match will be held at the NELSA Soccer Complex.

The Lady Cajuns (2-15-1, 2-8 Sun Belt) are coming off their second win of the season with a 1-0 victory over South Alabama last Sunday.

Leading the offensive charge for UL are Cayla Chatman and Kellie Jestes, both of whom have four goals on the season. Jordan Blevins has two goals on the season. Jestes also has two assists, while the other two-assist player is Chelsea Balestra.

In goal, Lauren Berlingo has pitched two shutouts. She has a .697 save percentage and has 83 saves on the season.

The Cajuns are 4-1-2 all time against the Warhawks.

The Warhawks (2-13-2, 1-8 Sun Belt) are led by Linsdey Tubbs and Kelly Browne. Both players have three goals on the season. The other three-goal player is Britnie Markham. Tubbs has three assists, while Browne has two. Markham has one assist on the season.

The Warkhawks have been outscored 58-to-15 on the season, with 34 goals coming in the second half of the match. They also have been outshot 285-to-172.

UL SI

5. UL Soccer Soccer Drops Season Finale, 3-2

An early two-goal lead could not hold up as Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns soccer team fell in overtime to Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday in the 2009 season finale, 3-2.

Cayla Chatman was able to get UL on the board in the 20th minute, scoring from 20 yards out. Two minutes later, Chatman scored again after an assist from Dani Presley, for a 2-0 halftime lead. With the two scores, Chatman scored a team-best six goals for the Cajuns this season. Her performance ranks fifth all-time for goals scored in a single season. It was also the first multi-goal game of the year for Chatman and the Cajuns.

Well into the second half, the Warhawks responded scoring in the 63rd and 73rd minute to force the match into the extra frame. In overtime, Tiffany Bombard scored her second goal of the day to win the match.

Hannah Snopek and Lauren Berlingo split time in goal, combining for 15 saves. But Louisiana-Monore's offense was ablt to outshoot the Cajuns 34-16.

Chatman led UL with five shots. Kelli Jestes and Chelsea Balestra each recorded four shots during the contest.

The Cajuns finish the season 2-16-1 overall and 2-9 in Sun Belt matches. ULM improved to 3-13-2 and 2-8 in league play heading into their season finale on Sunday.

UL SI

Default Re: Soccer Drops Season Finale, 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _

does 2-16-1 mean its time for a new coach????

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by champgolfpro View Post
    does 2-16-1 mean its time for a new coach????
    I think so.

igeaux.mobi

Louisiana Campus Re: Soccer Drops Season Finale, 3-2

Having attended all home games this year, I believe coaches Wieland and Gardner have done an admirable job. Key players on crutches will deter your path to a good season. Considering the tough season and tough losses, I saw a team play with such heart and determination.made me proud. I believe this is a reflection of the coaching staff.

9. Default Re: Soccer Drops Season Finale, 3-2

28-51-14 in 5 years at the helm is hard to take.

He did have a good record when he took the job but something has happened.

This years 2-16-1 record was his worst at a time when his program should be well established.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ 28-51-14 in 5 years at the helm is hard to take.

He did have a good record when he took the job but something has happened.

This years 2-16-1 record was his worst at a time when his program should be well established. _
    Really, you think Scott is not doing a good job? He has players from one of the best club teams in California and in the nation looking at ULL. Cali to Louisiana is no easy sell. They had a rough very rough year with injurys. Allow Scott to do his job. It was not an easy process to take over from Pogi. I hear Pogi's departure was not easy? Scott is a hard worker, good coach and a good recruiter.

11. UL Soccer Soccer Announces Post Season Honors

Freshman forward Cayla Chatman earned Honorable Mention honors for the Ragin' Cajuns soccer team as the Louisiana Sports Writers Association announced its 2009 All-Louisiana Collegiate Women's Soccer Teams this weekend.

The Cajuns also announced their own awards at the soccer team's (closed to the public?) season-ending awards banquet. Chatman was named as the team's most improved player. Junior midfielder Jordan Blevins earned the honor as the Ultimate Cajuns and sophomore defender Allison Baker was named the squad's Most Valuable Player.

Chatman led the Cajuns with six goals and 13 points during the year. She played in all 19 matches, earning the start nine times. She recorded a .682 shot on goal percentage and was responsible for UL's two game-winning goals over Florida Atlantic and South Alabama. She also notched an assist against UALR. In the season finale, Chatman scored both of the Cajuns' goals in a 2-3 loss to Louisiana-Monroe.

Blevins scored her first career goal this past season against Arkansas State. She scored her second goal of the year against Middle Tennessee to finish third on the team with two goals for the 2009 campaign. She also had an assist early in the season against Tulsa. Blevins played in 17 matches, finding a spot on the starting lineup every time.

Baker started every match for the Cajuns in the backfield. She was a force on defense, helping UL set the program's record for saves on the season, with 141. She was also part of a defense that shut out two opponents in the Cajuns' two wins, FAU and South Alabama.

UL SI

12. UL Soccer Re: Soccer Drops Season Finale, 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by champgolfpro View Post
    _ does 2-16-1 mean its time for a new coach???? _
    So your saying he will be back after a 2-16-1 season? Sounds like our soccer and volleyball coaching needs to move in a different direction? SUCCESS!

Quote Originally Posted by TXstar12 View Post
    _ So your saying he will be back after a 2-16-1 season? Sounds like our soccer and volleyball coaching needs to move in a different direction? SUCCESS! _
    Are you serious? The athletic department won't get rid of him, hell they have allowed the worst 5 year period in the history of UL to continue in Basketball what makes you think they care about soccer?

If the case about injuries are true then I say give him another year, if he doesn't show marked improvement he should go.

We should accept nothing less than winning seasons for all of our round ball sports.

14. Default Re: Soccer Drops Season Finale, 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by reaper1 View Post
    _ Really, you think Scott is not doing a good job? He has players from one of the best club teams in California and in the nation looking at UL. Cali to Louisiana is no easy sell. They had a rough very rough year with injurys. Allow Scott to do his job. It was not an easy process to take over from Pogi. I hear Pogi's departure was not easy? Scott is a hard worker, good coach and a good recruiter. _
    So no other teams we played had injuries? Why are we always the victim. Were we winning games before the injuries occured? I think a two win season says it all. But I am glad our team represented the university with effort and class, it can't be easy when you don't win. I know they always make good grades, so APR should be good right? I vote for Brad Boyd to take over as coach, I bet he would do it for free. JUST WIN BABY.

UL Soccer Re: Soccer Drops Season Finale, 3-2

So now that soccer is around the corner. How is the team looking? Any more additions to the roster? What is the outlook for Cajun Soccer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information