Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: The Book 2009-10 UL Lady Cajuns Volleyball

1. UL Volleyball The Book 2009-10 UL Lady Cajuns Volleyball

The Ragin’ Cajuns will travel to Baton Rouge the weekend of Sept. 4-5 for the highlight of the non-conference portion of the schedule. There Louisiana will participate in the LSU Tiger Classic where they will face national-power Nebraska, Tulane and LSU.

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns volleyball team enters its second season under Heather Mazeitis in 2009 and faces a schedule that includes matches against top-flight competition the second weekend of the season.

Mazeitis and the Ragin’ Cajuns will travel to Baton Rouge the weekend of Sept. 4-5 for the highlight of the non-conference portion of the schedule. There Louisiana will participate in the LSU Tiger Classic where they will face national-power Nebraska, Tulane and LSU.

The rest of the non-conference schedule features tournaments located within driving distance for fans. Following the LSU Tiger Classic, Louisiana makes stops in Lake Charles and Natchitoches for weekend tournaments.

In Sun Belt play, the Cajuns will enjoy 10 of 18 matches at Earl K. Long Gym. The first four league tilts are set for Long Gym.

The season begins at the Comfort Suites SHSU Invitational in Huntsville, Texas, hosted by Sam Houston State Aug. 28-29. UL will meet Texas-Pan American, Delaware State, Southern Utah and SHSU.

A trip to Nacogdoches, Texas, to meet Stephen F. Austin on Thursday, Sept. 2 precedes the trip to Baton Rouge.

After the weekend at LSU it’s off to Lake Charles Sept. 11-12 for the McNeese State Invitational. UL is scheduled to meet Texas-Pan American, Prairie View A&M and McNeese State.

The last week of non-conference play features a trip to Shreveport to face Centenary on Tuesday, Sept. 15 and a tournament at Northwestern State Sept. 18-19. At NSU, the Cajuns will face Alcorn State, Central Arkansas and the host-Demons.

Sun Belt play starts on Saturday, Sept. 26 against Arkansas State in a 1 p.m., match at Earl K. Long Gym. That kicks off a four-match homestand that runs through Sunday, Oct. 4.

Louisiana will host a second four-match homestand during SBC play Oct. 23-Nov. 1 and play its final home match on Friday, Nov. 13 against New Orleans.

The 2009 Sun Belt Conference Tournament is schedule for Nov. 19-21 in Bowling Green, Ky., at WKU’s E.A. Diddle Arena.

UL SI

Default Re: VB Enters Year Two Under Mazeitis

Coach Mazeitis has done a great job so far. Looking forward to her second season at UL. I'm glad that the conference tourny is close to home this year because I think we will be making a trip to Kentucky at the end of the season! A lot of the team, including our daughter, spent the summer on campus working out and running. I hardly recognized our daughter when she stepped off the plane thursday night. They worked out hard! Coach runs a very hard pre-season and they will be ready for it this year. No one knew what to expect last year. They found out FAST that they were not in the shape they needed to be in to really compete successfully at the D1 level. Previous coaching staff obviously didn't either. This will be a break through season for volleyball at UL as long as everyone stays healthy. Show your support.
    Geaux Cajuns!

UL Volleyball Re: VB Enters Year Two Under Mazeitis

I went to a couple of games last year and was entertained. I had a good time. I put the home dates on my calendar and hope to make more games this year. My granddaughter had a really good time, too. We'll do the weekend games this year. I do hope the team has a good season, we talked to the girls after one of the matches and they all seemed to be so nice. They seemed to enjoy visiting with the grand and she was thrilled that they noticed her. I wish this team the best. They have a difficult pre-conference schedule, and if they don't win, at least they will gain a lot of experience. I, too, believe they will be in the Conference Tournament at the end of the season. The coach seems to be working at getting volleyball competitive. It will be interesting.

Best of luck to the Wisconsinite (?) on the team. Did she red shirt last year? What does she think of South Louisiana winter? Oh, we do have four seasons down here; hunting season, football season, Mardi Gras Season and crawfish season.

The team loves the young girls showing up for the matches. They are all very nice young ladies and really appreciated all of the support they received last year. I believe they were close to having the best home attendance in the conference. Daughter IS from Wisconsin and loves it down there now. It took awhile to get used to the heat and humidity and being so far from home. Being there this summer helped. She's actually complaining that it is too cold up here right now. It's been only in the 70's. She wanted to get away from the cold and snow. That's why she chose UL. We will be down there in October for a couple of matches. Hope to see you all.

The girls report today. Team meeting at 4:00. Just got back from putting Meg on the plane. She's very excited about this year. Good luck this year Lady Cajuns! Play Tall!

Geaux Cajuns

Report from camp is that practices so far this year have gone very well. All of the work the girls did over summer has paid off and the incoming freshmen were all in "shape" and will compete for playing time this year. Things are looking up for Ragin Cajun volleyball!
    Geaux Cajuns!

7. Default VB Season

Volleyball: Cajuns open second season under Mazeitis today

The rest of the story

Default Re: VB Season

Congrats Lady Cajuns for going 6-0 in games today at Sam Houston. What a great start to your year! Good luck tomorrow. Play tall. Geaux Cajuns!

9. Default Re: VB Season

one word.AWESOME!!!!

Cajun women start the season 2-0. Who's next????????

Southern Utah, then Sam Houston State.How about a 4-0 start to the season!!!!!

Geaux Cajuns

10. Default Re: VB Season

Looks like the competition gets a little tougher today.

Southern Utah is 1-1, with a tough 3-2 loss to the Cajuns second opponent of the day, host Sam Houston State (2-0) later in the evening.

Good luck to the Cajuns!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincajun View Post
    Congrats Lady Cajuns for going 6-0 in games today at Sam Houston. What a great start to your year! Good luck tomorrow. Play tall. Geaux Cajuns!
    WOW!! Great news!!

Z

12. Default Re: VB Season

Shows what I know, I thought VolleyBall was best 2 out of 3

13. Default Re: VB Season

Cajuns defeat Southern Utah University 3-0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-22) setting up a championship match vs host Sam Houston State, who is 3-0 as well.

Geaux Cajuns. This game will be later tonight

Cajuns are 9-0 and Sam Houston is 9-3. Will be a great match! Geaux Cajuns!

15. This is so COOL Re: VB Season

Lady Cajuns took 2nd in the Sam Houston tournament tonight! How Wonderful! On to the next

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information