Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Book 2009-10 UL Lady Cajuns Volleyball

1. UL Volleyball Home Finale Loss Has Season-Best Crowd on Hand

Prior to the start of Friday's match, senior setter Kendra Hall was honored by the UL Athletics Department. One of only three players in program history to reach 3,000 career assists, she played in her 43rd and final match and Earl K. Long Gym.

The largest crowd of the season was on hand for the home finale for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns volleyball team Friday evening at Earl K. Long Gym.
    The crowd noise energized the Ragin' Cajuns and made for a great atmosphere for senior Kendra Hall's 43rd and final match at E.K. Long.

New Orleans (18-11, 11-6 Sun Belt) spoiled the party, though, with a 3-0 (25-21, 25-17, 25-13) victory to avenge a five-set loss to Louisiana (8-24, 2-15 Sun Belt) back on Oct. 20 in New Orleans.

The Cajuns were hurt by 30 attack errors which led to a -.025 hitting percentage. The Privateers posted 41 kills and committed only 13 attack errors.

A bright spot for Louisiana was libero Lindsay Brown reaching 500 digs, making her the first player since Gina Calegari in 1997 to reach the half century mark.

Brown posted her ninth, 20-plus dig performance of the season by collecting 23 which upped her season total to 513, a new rally era scoring record. She broke Erika Castro's rally scoring mark of 497 digs.

Mandi Gavin led UL with nine kills. Hall dished out 21 assists in her home finale.

UNO rode the arms of Maria Szivos (12 kills) and Lindsey Loyd (11 kills) who combined to record 23 of the team's 41 kills (56 percent). Nicky Valenti contributed 22 of the Pirvateers' 54 digs and Kaley Hubbard posted four block solos.

Kills from Bethany Fogler, Gavin and Amie Goodwin led to a quick 3-1 lead for UL in the opening set. The Cajuns would hold on to the lead and get it up to four points three different times. A Gavin kill on the 18th rally pushed the lead to 11-7.

The Privateers changed setters - taking out starter Cassidy Asebroek and bringing in Hajnalka Molnar - and scored on three straight rallies swinging the momentum to their side of the net.

Caroline Dufrene threw down a kill to make it 12-10 and stop the rally, but back-to-back kills by Szivos began an 8-0 run by the visitors. The Cajuns handed the Privateers the lead after the 12-all tie by committing attack errors on the next three rallies.

UL fought back to close the deficit to 19-17 following another kill by Dufrene. UNO then scored four unanswered points to stretch the lead to six. After the Cajuns cut it to 23-21 following four unanswered points of their own, a kill by Loyd then attack error by Goodwin gave the set to the Privateers.

UNO erased a 3-1 deficit in the second by scoring on four consecutive rallies. After Louisiana broke serve thanks to a Valenti service error which made the score 5-4, the Privateers distance themselves from the Cajuns with a 7-1 run.

The Privateers hit .294 (13 kills, 3 errors, 34 attempts) and Louisiana committed double-digit attack errors for the second straight set and hit .000 (10 kills, 10 errors, 44 attempts).

A commanding 15-4 edge in kills allowed UNO to coast to victory in the third set. The Cajuns hit -.125 (4 kills, 8 errors, 32 attempts) and after UNO turned a 9-4 lead into a double figure lead with a 6-0 run, never got closer than eight points the rest of the set.

The Ragin' Cajuns conclude the 2009 season on Sunday, Nov. 15 in Monroe as they face the Warhawks of Louisiana-Monroe in a 1 p.m., match.

UL SI

Default Re: congrats to heather and the girls

Quote Originally Posted by reaper1 View Post
    _ Coach Mazeitis is a great person, coach, and will have UL Volleyball seeing SunBelt Success very soon. Well done ladies on the season. Things (Wins, Recruiting, ULL Volleyball) will only get better as long as Heather is in charge. We all look forward to the future of UL Volleyball.

Again, well done ladies. _
    Where do I begin. I too was wearing the "rose colored" glasses with this coach. All I can say is that there are major issues with a coach when 5 full scholarship players and 6 walk ons have left since she started. Yes, including my daughter. 3 out of 4 of her first recruiting class. More may follow. I only hope the best for the girls still there. They are all wonderful players and most of all, young ladies. They deserve better. I have enjoyed meeting them all. I don't want to get in to all of the "dirty" details on this board and will only say that Mr Farmer has been talked to and is aware of the issues. I only wish to thank all of you for your support for our daughter during the hurricanes of last year and my car breaking down this fall on our trip down. You are all great. One thing our family has learned over the last 1 1/2 years is that the Louisiana people are awesome! Never have we met so many nice people. This has been in many ways a great experiance for us all. Our daughter is transfering back to Wisconsin after this semester. I will be down there next friday to drive her home. She is having a very hard time with this all as she has so many friends there. Especially the football players! Take care and good luck to all of you. It has been a pleasure for us to say that our daughter was a Ragin Cajun.
    Geaux Cajuns!

3. Default Re: congrats to heather and the girls

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsincajun View Post
    _ Where do I begin. I too was wearing the "rose colored" glasses with this coach. All I can say is that there are major issues with a coach when 5 full scholarship players and 6 walk ons have left since she started. Yes, including my daughter. 3 out of 4 of her first recruiting class. More may follow. I only hope the best for the girls still there. They are all wonderful players and most of all, young ladies. They deserve better. I have enjoyed meeting them all. I don't want to get in to all of the "dirty" details on this board and will only say that Mr Farmer has been talked to and is aware of the issues. I only wish to thank all of you for your support for our daughter during the hurricanes of last year and my car breaking down this fall on our trip down. You are all great. One thing our family has learned over the last 1 1/2 years is that the Louisiana people are awesome! Never have we met so many nice people. This has been in many ways a great experiance for us all. Our daughter is transfering back to Wisconsin after this semester. I will be down there next friday to drive her home. She is having a very hard time with this all as she has so many friends there. Especially the football players! Take care and good luck to all of you. It has been a pleasure for us to say that our daughter was a Ragin Cajun.
    Geaux Cajuns! _
    Nooo don't go, please stay, I never got to meet you. I know your daughter has to do what's best for her long term.

Don't be a stranger you are always welcome here.

4. Default Re: Congrats to heather and the girls

Same here guy---thanks for letting your daughter be a Cajun and for your having come to the Lafayette area----God Bless and come back to see us!!!!!

_ Where do I begin. I too was wearing the "rose colored" glasses with this coach. All I can say is that there are major issues with a coach when 5 full scholarship players and 6 walk ons have left since she started. Yes, including my daughter. 3 out of 4 of her first recruiting class. More may follow. I only hope the best for the girls still there. They are all wonderful players and most of all, young ladies. They deserve better. I have enjoyed meeting them all. I don't want to get in to all of the "dirty" details on this board and will only say that Mr Farmer has been talked to and is aware of the issues. I only wish to thank all of you for your support for our daughter during the hurricanes of last year and my car breaking down this fall on our trip down. You are all great. One thing our family has learned over the last 1 1/2 years is that the Louisiana people are awesome! Never have we met so many nice people. This has been in many ways a great experiance for us all. Our daughter is transfering back to Wisconsin after this semester. I will be down there next friday to drive her home. She is having a very hard time with this all as she has so many friends there. Especially the football players! Take care and good luck to all of you. It has been a pleasure for us to say that our daughter was a Ragin Cajun.
    Geaux Cajuns! _
    WOW! Complaints from parents, Kids Transferring, Scholarship kids and WALK ONS leaving. Sounds like the honeymoon period is over. Time to let Mazeitis do her job, with the players she recruits to win in the Sun Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper1 View Post
    _ WOW! Complaints from parents, Kids Transferring, Scholarship kids and WALK ONS leaving. Sounds like the honeymoon period is over. Time to let Mazeitis do her job, with the players she recruits to win in the Sun Belt. _
    Those are her recruits.

Default Re: Congrats to heather and the girls

Team had a meeting with Mr. Farmer last week. I believe he was surprised that they were all there. These are mainly all her recruits. The rest is up to him. I am here to drive daughter home.Flew in this morning. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. She is heart broken. Good luck Cajuns in all of your sports. I truly hope things change for the better for all of you. This is a beautiful college campus. One of the best we visted. It deserves a top notch athletic program.
    Once again, thank you all for your support.
    Geaux Cajuns!

_ Team had a meeting with Mr. Farmer last week. I believe he was surprised that they were all there. These are mainly all her recruits. The rest is up to him. I am here to drive daughter home.Flew in this morning. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. She is heart broken. Good luck Cajuns in all of your sports. I truly hope things change for the better for all of you. This is a beautiful college campus. One of the best we visted. It deserves a top notch athletic program.
    Geaux Cajuns! _
    Sorry to see you go. Thanks for your support during your daughter's time here. Wish it could have worked out better for her. Good luck to you and to her.

9. This is Upsetting Re: Congrats to heather and the girls

_ Team had a meeting with Mr. Farmer last week. I believe he was surprised that they were all there. These are mainly all her recruits. The rest is up to him. I am here to drive daughter home.Flew in this morning. This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. She is heart broken. Good luck Cajuns in all of your sports. I truly hope things change for the better for all of you. This is a beautiful college campus. One of the best we visted. It deserves a top notch athletic program.
    Geaux Cajuns! _
    Sounds VERY similar to what happened to her at LA TECH. What happened to make these kids SO UNHAPPY? Hopefully the Admin will support her, as they need to do. Too many times now a days Players/kids & parents think they can control college athletics with Complaints. This is not club Volleyball! Go play on the club volleyball team, if your not happy. I would like to know what happened. College athletics is like this: You are recruited to do a job (Coached, Trained, Practice) if you cant do your job, coaches will recruit someone else to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TXstar12 View Post
    _ Sounds VERY similar to what happened to her at LA TECH. What happened to make these kids SO UNHAPPY? Hopefully the Admin will support her, as they need to do. Too many times now a days Players/kids & parents think they can control college athletics with Complaints. This is not club Volleyball! Go play on the club volleyball team, if your not happy. I would like to know what happened. College athletics is like this: You are recruited to do a job (Coached, Trained, Practice) if you cant do your job, coaches will recruit someone else to do it for you. _
    Wow! You should know what you are talking about first. This has nothing to do with playing time, practices or b.s. like club volleyball. Grow up. Nice accusations. I'm not going to hang out the dirty laundry on this page. When 5 scholarship girls and 6 walk-ons have left and at least 3 more scholarship players that she recruited are considering leaving after the break, there are major issues. I truely wish you and your daughter the best of luck.

UL Volleyball Re: Congrats to heather and the girls

_ Wow! You should know what you are talking about first. This has nothing to do with playing time, practices or b.s. like club volleyball. Grow up. Nice accusations. I'm not going to hang out the dirty laundry on this page. When 5 scholarship girls and 6 walk-ons have left and at least 3 more scholarship players that she recruited are considering leaving after the break, there are major issues. I truely wish you and your daughter the best of luck. _
    WOW, What happened to her at LA Tech (Nothing)? Mazeitis was not supported by LA Tech, and she is on the verge of getting a really good team going at UL. It sounds like SOUR grapes to me? Too many times do kids (18-21 YR olds) and their parents have tooo much say in college coaches lives and jobs (Mark Mangino, and USF Football coach) to try and make things difficult. I assure you Mazeitis did nothing like these guys. She may have told the truth and player/parents couldn't handle it? Mazeitis knows what it takes to win, and she will win if allowed to do it.
    Dirty laundry.what dirty laundry(Give Details) kids/parents that are not happy? Come on get real/Grow Up (Take your own advice)!. This is not intramurals!
    TX star keep being strong. Great things are to come to UL volleyball this new year.

12. UL Volleyball 2 scholarship v-ball players leave

what has been going on with this program? And no one seemed to notice?
    She brings them together for their talents, these girls built strong bonds as a family and became best friends and then she began to tears them apart.
    As a past player, coach and present mother. Heather should be ashamed of herself for destroying these girl's life long dreams and not having an ounce of compassion.She just doesn't get it does she? To think the majority of them had many other offers to play elsewhere and she snowballed them with a bunch of BS !

Louisiana Campus Re: another 2 scholarship v-ball players leave

How many players have left during and after the season? What's the deal?
    What's really going on here?

Default Re: another 2 scholarship v-ball players leave

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ How many players have left during and after the season? What's the deal?
    What's really going on here? _
    5 of her 8 recruits over her two years have quit

Louisiana Campus Re: another 2 scholarship v-ball players leave

_ 5 of her 8 recruits over her two years have quit _

That's sad. Being an outsider who just attends the matches, I had no idea. I did get a clue when a friend's daughter who was recruited here was told to steer clear. 5 out of 8 is hard to ignore.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information