Thread: UL: The 5 Big Things (UL reports Today)

1. UL Football UL: The 5 Big Things (UL reports Today)

As UL football players arrive in town today for the start of fall camp, the clock officially begins to tick toward the team’s season opener on Sept. 5 against Southern University at Cajun Field.

The Ragin’ Cajuns will hold their first practice this season under eighth-year head coach Rickey Bustle on Thursday at 3:30 p.m. with plenty of questions about this squad still unanswered. Fall camp, which will include scrimmages on Aug. 15 and 22, ends on Aug. 26.

Before UL takes the practice field, let’s take a look at five storylines to follow during fall camp:

1. Who’s the man?

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL: The 5 Big Things (UL reports Today)

I'm sure glad college football is right around the corner. I thought I was going to go more nuts than I already am. Life just goes better with college football.

UL Football Re: UL: The 5 Big Things (UL reports Today)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I'm sure glad college football is right around the corner. I thought I was going to go more nuts than I already am. Life just goes better with college football. _

No kidding, I'm literally counting down the days. It's unbelievable how slowly this time of the year drags for me and so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ No kidding, I'm literally counting down the days. It's unbelievable how slowly this time of the year drags for me and so many others. _
    Do like mewatch a replay of the 3rd game of the CWS bout once a week. I'm not having any problems with this time of year at all!

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ Do like mewatch a replay of the 3rd game of the CWS bout once a week. I'm not having any problems with this time of year at all! _
    So, what do you think. Short of 10 wins will Miles get run off?

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ So, what do you think. Short of 10 wins will Miles get run off? _
    As an alumnus and staunch supporter, I think anything more than 4 losses is unacceptable with their scedule. Florida at home will home will be very tough and it doesn't get much easier on the road as they play Alabama, Ole Miss and Georgia. As of right now, LSU is scheduled to play 3 teams in the top 10 and 4 teams in the top 15 of the Pre-season Coaches Poll. If I were a betting man, I'd say 9-3 for this team with the possibility of 10-2 if Chavis can shore up the defense and Jefferson progresses at quarterback and possibly 8-4 if one of these doesn't happen. Although Miles obviously made a mistake in hiring the co-defensive coordinators, at least he wasn't too stubborn like Dinardo and was willing to make the neccessary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ So, what do you think. Short of 10 wins will Miles get run off? _
    We have come a long way from the Curley days and it's pretty neat to have such hi expectations of your program that others think less than 10 wins will not be tolerated, but I think he might be able to hang around a tad longer even without 10 wins. In his tour of duty he has averaged 10 wins a season and a bowl win each yearthat tends to give one a longer rope.so to say.

I didn't see your vote in the final record threadwaiting closer to the start of the season to cast your vote?

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    I didn't see your vote in the final record threadwaiting closer to the start of the season to cast your vote? _
    Cajuns to go 12-0 with a 42-0 paddling of LState at El Casa Gatos. Be there to witness history in the making.

Thread Information