Thread: Countdown to Cajun Kickoff: UL Monroe

1. Default Countdown to Cajun Kickoff: UL Monroe

After a frustrating 4-8 season and fifth-place tie in the Sun Belt Conference, UL Monroe's coaching staff underwent a major overhaul.

Co-defensive coordinators Phil Elmassian and Manny Michel were fired. Offensive coordinator Steve Farmer left for the same job at his alma mater Illinois State. Luke Wells, the wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator, went to Iowa State. Former linebackers coach Deke Adams decided to leave for Southern Miss. Mark Tommerdahl, who coached special teams and tight ends, moved over to Louisiana Tech.

It took until late July for head coach Charlie Weatherbie to finalize his staff.

The Story

Default Re: Countdown to Cajun Kickoff: UL Monroe

Looks like quite a turnover in the Hoax coaching staff.

I'll never forget early on in the 2005 game.

We kept hearing

"And that's another Warrhoax fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst doooooooooooownnnnnn!!!!!!!

However, not too long into the game, we kept hearing

"And, that's another Ragin' Cajun tooooooooouch dooooooooownn!!!!!!

These guys are another team that nobody is giving a chance to do well and I think they can jump up on some people. They return a lot of what they had last year and like us, they got hit with the injury bug hard. We know they have an aggressive defense and that will not change since changing formations this year to a 3-3-5.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ These guys are another team that nobody is giving a chance to do well and I think they can jump up on some people. They return a lot of what they had last year and like us, they got hit with the injury bug hard. We know they have an aggressive defense and that will not change since changing formations this year to a 3-3-5. _
    I don't know who has been worse over the past few years , them or us, at playing people close and then snatching losses from the jaws of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I don't know who has been worse over the past few years , them or us, at playing people close and then snatching losses from the jaws of victory. _
    Well, let's not forget the jaw busting they dished out to Bama @ Bama not long ago. They closed the deal that day.

I don't know who is making out their pay day games of late, but Clemson, Tex. A&M, Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, Old Miss, Texas, Ariz. St, and Kentucky is a tuff hill to climb and doesn't leave much room for any mistakes in their other games.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ I don't know who has been worse over the past few years , them or us, at playing people close and then snatching losses from the jaws of victory. _

I don't either but I can say that both of us are a testament to how much better the SBC is becoming every year. This conference is very tough this year and it is not going to be easy for Troy to win like everybody thinks while they are still the favorite. It's interesting to see teams returning 16-17 starters to not even be picked in the top 4-5 of their conference.

Thread Information