Thread: Number 44

UL Football Number 44

43 < > 45

Can anyone think of a former Ragin Cajun who wore number 44.

Default Re: Number 44

Pat Brennan LN from Catholic NI

2 real good fullbacks- Wayne Stein and Booker Jenkins

UL Football Re: Number 44

Keith Muehr from Houston wore # 44 in 1974 and 1975. Keith was IMO the best punter ever to play for the Cajuns. Not only did he punt for average but he killed numerous punts inside the opponents 15 yard line. He was very adept at punting away from a dangerous return man. Very few punters make an opponent change the way they receive kicks but Keith did just that. By mid-season of 1975 every team placed 2 deep return men in order to cover the entire field. He signed with the Seattle Seahawks as a free agent and made it deep into training camp when he suffered a career ending knee injury. It is my understanding Keith still lives in the Lafayette area. He needs to come to the tent and see us on game day.

5. Default Re: Number 44

The master of the "bunt punt" --how many times did an opponent have to go 85 yards for a score??? No touchbacks!!!!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Number 44

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ Keith Muehr from Houston wore # 44 in 1974 and 1975. Keith was IMO the best punter ever to play for the Cajuns. It is my understanding Keith still lives in the Lafayette area. He needs to come to the tent and see us on game day. _
    Yep, a great punter. Keith and Jill are still in the area. I'll bug him about coming out for games next time I see him.

7. Default Re: Number 44

Quote Originally Posted by spearchucker View Post
    _ Pat Brennan LN from Catholic NI _
    Barracuda Brennan!!!!

8. UL Football Re: Number 44

Steve Gossen

9. Default Re: Number 44

He still might have the school record for the longest punt!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Steve Gossen

That picture leaves NO doubt as to who/whom that is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ Keith Muehr from Houston wore # 44 in 1974 and 1975. Keith was IMO the best punter ever to play for the Cajuns. Not only did he punt for average but he killed numerous punts inside the opponents 15 yard line. He was very adept at punting away from a dangerous return man. Very few punters make an opponent change the way they receive kicks but Keith did just that. By mid-season of 1975 every team placed 2 deep return men in order to cover the entire field. He signed with the Seattle Seahawks as a free agent and made it deep into training camp when he suffered a career ending knee injury. It is my understanding Keith still lives in the Lafayette area. He needs to come to the tent and see us on game day. _

Keith is still in Lafayette working in sales for an Oilfield Service Company. and he's a great guy!

Thread Information