3. Default Re: Sun Belt Predictions

4. Default Re: Sun Belt Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun09 View Post
    _ Sun Belt Predictions and All-Sun Belt team

http://www.sports2debate.com/index.p...article&id=968 _

ANOTHER PREVIEW

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/a...s_sunbelt.html

Default Re: Sun Belt Predictions

It's pretty obvious when people don't know much about your team when making these rankings. They predict 1-7 in conference? With WKU, NT, MTSU, ULM and FIU alone there's a few wins in there. Also, people keep putting Josh Thompson in their all conference teams but he's likely to not even play this year due to not getting his medical redshirt. While I think NT will be more improved this year, I think they have as many question marks as we do with less talent on D so there is no way I'd put them ahead of us.

BTW, Gerron Blount is not even guaranteed to start this year at S. He was second on the depth chart in the spring.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

If I scrawl some rankings on a napkin and staple it to the computer monitor, would that be considered a "pre-season publication"?

Seriously though, I know it's silly to put a ton of stock in these (unless of course we're ranked high... ), but hopefully Bustle can use this as motivation for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ If I scrawl some rankings on a napkin and staple it to the computer monitor, would that be considered a "pre-season publication"?

Seriously though, I know it's silly to put a ton of stock in these (unless of course we're ranked high... ), but hopefully Bustle can use this as motivation for the team. _
    LOL, well put.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ If I scrawl some rankings on a napkin and staple it to the computer monitor, would that be considered a "pre-season publication"?

Seriously though, I know it's silly to put a ton of stock in these (unless of course we're ranked high... ), but hopefully Bustle can use this as motivation for the team. _

Unfortunately, just about every publication is picking UL to not be very good this year. Sadly, after 7 years at the helm, we are not a conference top 2 pick year in and year out. Personally, I think we will surprise a lot of people and will have to to get any kind of respect from anyone. No one considers the injuries we had last year to our QB and our defense that otherwise would have pretty much guaranteed us a 7 or 8 win season and a bowl game. I think we will be more balanced than last year's predictable offense. And, if everyone stays healthy, our defense should win some games for us. This will be DC Fouquier's 3rd year, so it is time to see results on that side of the ball. I am expecting an upset of K State, wins over Southern, K State, N. Texas, WKU, FIU, ULM, MTSU and FAU for homecoming, for minimally an 8 win season, 2nd place in the SBC and a bowl game. A win over Ark. State on the road is certainly possible and our finale at home vs. Troy could just be for the conference championship, if we stay healthy. I predict that this is UL's breakout season and the start of our football turnaround that we have all so patiently waited for.

I really like this website

Does anyone think that we will be able to match the production of Fenroy, week in ans week out. I think if they can, then this could be a really good year. If they can't, we're probably looking at a pretty rough season. Also i've heard from an inside source that Gautier could very well be in the mix at quarterback pretty quickly if the others don't produce.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    _ Does anyone think that we will be able to match the production of Fenroy, week in ans week out. I think if they can, then this could be a really good year. If they can't, we're probably looking at a pretty rough season. Also i've heard from an inside source that Gautier could very well be in the mix at quarterback pretty quickly if the others don't produce. _

Well, obviously that's the million dollar question isn't it? I think the QB position will see some nice play and you probably won't see any dropoff there as long as the coaches set up a suitable gameplan for our personnel. RB is different as nobody has really proven themselves, even in the Spring and I've said for a long time that Gautier will be the starter no later than week 8 but we'll have to see. However, I do like the character and leadership we have at the position so I think we'll be fine with whoever plays

12. Default Re: Sun Belt Predictions

"Looks like Louisiana-Lafayette will be rebuilding in 2009".

Well, that had better not be the case. We've had a 7 year rebuilding process that should be over. We should have enough players to give us quality replacements for what we lost. Anything short of a bowl game should be Bustle's downfall after 7 years. However, I am expecting our defense to step up this year, finally, and with a solid but not spectacular offense, we will surprise everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ "Looks like Louisiana-Lafayette will be rebuilding in 2009".

Well, that had better not be the case. We've had a 7 year rebuilding process that should be over. We should have enough players to give us quality replacements for what we lost. Anything short of a bowl game should be Bustle's downfall after 7 years. However, I am expecting our defense to step up this year, finally, and with a solid but not spectacular offense, we will surprise everyone. _

It is rebuilding when you lose 3 of your most prolific players at skill positions in recent memory. To replace 75% of your offense with inexperienced freshmen and sophmores is exremely difficult. I understand your thought process since we are experienced everywhere else but it seems premature to put a prediction on how these youngsters will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ It is rebuilding when you lose 3 of your most prolific players at skill positions in recent memory. If we had to replace some lineman like next year or a couple of defensive secondary personnel, that's one thing but to replace 75% of your offense, that's rebuilding. To declare this is the year to decide Bustle's fate based on performance from freshmen and sophomores who've had no experience is a little preconceived in my book. _

6-6 is status quo and could keep him here another year. Anything less, after 7 years, he gets no pass. He could have substituted more to get players ready for this year. In fact, I wonder if he had played a QB other than Desormeaux vs. UTEP and saved MD for conference, could we have pulled out one more win and gone to a bowl game. We lost anyway and it was meaningless conference-wise. Cherry was great in a few games but non-existent in others. With a more balanced offense this year, losing MD and Fenroy may not impact us as much as everyone thinks. And, it is time for our defense to step up. It is Fouquier's 3rd or 4th year. He has recruited to his schemes, he has everyone back including those key players injured last year and has more depth at DL. We should be able to minimally win 6 games and hopefully a 7th game to insure a bowl bid. There is no reason we should lose to Southern, N. Texas, WKU, and ULM at home. Expectations should be to at least split with FAU at home or FIU, with at least one other conference win vs. ASU, MTSU or Troy at home, coupled with a possible upset of K State. At least, that is my prediction for the season. Overly optimistic? Perhaps. Realistic? I hope so. We'll see.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information