Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Predictions

Default Re: Sun Belt Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I meant to ask that you try not to read more into the comparison than was warrented.

My bad.

The truth is, for whatever reason, teams have historically shown an ability to rally after studs exit.

Finally, you don't have to be Tennessee to get better from one year to the next.

igeaux.mobi _
    Turb, why are you talking Cajuns football with a McNeese Cowpie? Y'all take it to the Cowpie forum.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Turb, why are you talking Cajuns football with a McNeese Cowpie? Y'all take it to the Cowpie forum.

_
    I thought the doctor threw my foreskin away... but it keeps reappearing on here in the form of a McNeese fan.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I thought the doctor threw my foreskin away... but it keeps reappearing on here in the form of a McNeese fan.
    McDbag (fortunately they aren't all like this one)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ I thought the doctor threw my foreskin away... but it keeps reappearing on here in the form of a McNeese fan. _
    At least we win football games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ McDbag (fortunately they aren't all like this one) _
    Gee lighten up just picking at you. I predict 7 - 5 for you guys this year and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I meant to ask that you try not to read more into the comparison than was warrented.

My bad.

The truth is, for whatever reason, teams have historically shown an ability to rally after studs exit.

Finally, you don't have to be Tennessee to get better from one year to the next.

igeaux.mobi _
    Oh I was just picking at you a little. You guys will go 7 - 5 this year good luck.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by racajun54 View Post
    Gee lighten up just picking at you. I predict 7 - 5 for you guys this year and good luck.
    suck it, Trebek.

_ At least we win football games. _

Yeah, against South Dakota Tech State @ Bismark. Please, I will never listen to that argument from someone who is playing FCS.

9. UL Football Re: Sun Belt Predictions

Best case for UL 8-4 (keys here are to beat the FL, TN & AR teams)

Worst case for UL 5-7

Likely case for UL 6-6

Just one man's opinion..........

Have a good day all.......

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbam View Post
    _ Best case for UL 8-4 (keys here are to beat the FL, TN & AR teams)

Worst case for UL 5-7

Likely case for UL 6-6

Just one man's opinion..........

Have a good day all....... _

UL will be much better than many predict. I predict that UL will be 2-2 following the Nebraska game with an open date. Following that, we go 6-2 in conference for an 8-4 record and a bowl game. Then, look out for 2010 and beyond because we will be a beast and everything we have been waiting for all these years from annual bowl appearances to facility improvements to national recognition will be ours.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Yeah, against South Dakota Tech State @ Bismark. Please, I will never listen to that argument from someone who is playing FCS. _
    I have always had the outlook that a team plays who they play. If they win them all or most of them that is great. Granted MSU plays in the the FCS but let's look at the UL/MSU records when we played in the same divisions from 1951 to 1981. I am sure a lot of people here don't realize that UL and McNeese played in the same divisions and in the same conferences during most of that time peroid.

UL won loss tie record 156-162-6
    MSU won loss tie record 194-114-7
    Head to Head meetings during that time peroid MSU 17 wins 13 losses 1 tie

Your record comes from your 2008 media guide and MSU's from theirs so I am assuming both are correct. I find it interesting that in that guide they go to great lengths to show which teams are FCS teams including MSU except in 2007 when MSU beat UL. I wonder why? From 1982 to 2008 McNeese had a record of 195-118-6 and UL 167-178-2. Yes McNeese was/is in FCS and we beat who we beat and some were Div II or III teams but we didn't lose to any of them. UL lost to a number of outstanding teams some who went on to win BCS champioinships but you also lost to 16 times to FCS teams including a Div II team. At least MSU beats the lower division teams UL doesn't always do that.

_ I have always had the outlook that a team plays who they play. If they win them all or most of them that is great. Granted MSU plays in the the FCS but let's look at the UL/MSU records when we played in the same divisions from 1951 to 1981. I am sure a lot of people here don't realize that UL and McNeese played in the same divisions and in the same conferences during most of that time peroid.

UL won loss tie record 156-162-6
    MSU won loss tie record 194-114-7
    Head to Head meetings during that time peroid MSU 17 wins 13 losses 1 tie

Your record comes from your 2008 media guide and MSU's from theirs so I am assuming both are correct. I find it interesting that in that guide they go to great lengths to show which teams are FCS teams including MSU except in 2007 when MSU beat UL. I wonder why? From 1982 to 2008 McNeese had a record of 195-118-6 and UL 167-178-2. Yes McNeese was/is in FCS and we beat who we beat and some were Div II or III teams but we didn't lose to any of them. UL lost to a number of outstanding teams some who went on to win BCS champioinships but you also lost to 16 times to FCS teams including a Div II team. At least MSU beats the lower division teams UL doesn't always do that. _

UL doesn't do that but look at their winning percentage against those comparable opponents. McNeese fans throw the 2007 game back at us and with all fairness, you should. However, I think it is very inconsequential for this program for what happened 40 years ago and further..It is rediculous and counterproductive to do so. Do you really think Boise St. sits around and argues their FCS record or do you think they are focused on what they are currently doing? As the expectations of your team and program increase, it is about WHO you beat rather how many times you beat up on the little guy. Has UL slipped up against FCS teams before? Sure. We aint exactly Ohio St. However, for this program to progress, we will have to beat a lot more Kansas States than McNeeses

13. Default Re: Sun Belt Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ UL will be much better than many predict. I predict that UL will be 2-2 following the Nebraska game with an open date. Following that, we go 6-2 in conference for an 8-4 record and a bowl game. Then, look out for 2010 and beyond because we will be a beast and everything we have been waiting for all these years from annual bowl appearances to facility improvements to national recognition will be ours. _
    I hope you are right. I just wonder though why Cajuns supposedly have so much more depth and across the board talent this year when recruiting classes last few years have not been so heralded. If someon could enlighten me that would be great. I realize the OL will be good. What else? The sunbelt is getting a lot lot better and Troy is just plain good by any definition. What makes Cajuns likely better than even half the conference, much less most teams? I think it will be a battle to finish as high as 2nd again this year. Would not be suprised if Cajuns beat Kansas St., a rebuilding major at home, but still came in middle of the pack in conference.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ UL doesn't do that but look at their winning percentage against those comparable opponents. McNeese fans throw the 2007 game back at us and with all fairness, you should. However, I think it is very inconsequential for this program for what happened 40 years ago and further..It is rediculous and counterproductive to do so. Do you really think Boise St. sits around and argues their FCS record or do you think they are focused on what they are currently doing? As the expectations of your team and program increase, it is about WHO you beat rather how many times you beat up on the little guy. Has UL slipped up against FCS teams before? Sure. We aint exactly Ohio St. However, for this program to progress, we will have to beat a lot more Kansas States than McNeeses _
    Well lets look at UL's record against those comparable opponents. If you remove the 25 wins and 16 losses against FCS teams UL's record is 132 - 162. They can beat all the Kansas States they want but if you don't get a total of 6 wins against FBS teams you aren't going to a bowl game. If FCS schools aren't so important in the won loss column then why are they counted and why does UL keep scheduling them? In the 26 seasons since UL went FBS only in 5 seasons did they not have at least one FCS team on your schedule. Granted UL is not Ohio State but neither are they Boise State. When a school's football record is looked at its the overall record and it doesn't matter who those wins and losses were against they all count. In UL's 2008 media guide they list all years and all teams played no matter what division the opponent was in. So I wouldn't be so holier than thou when it comes to overall records or even records over a certain time period no matter who any one played.

15. Default Re: Sun Belt Predictions

Another preview

2009 Sun Belt Preview

http://www.capperspicks.com/blog/cap...review-270709/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information