Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Another Baseball Defection

Default Re: Another Baseball Defection

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    _ BINGO!!!!!! _

Was the problem Robe when we were in Omaha or making regionals and super regionals? I don't think that argument holds up very well. Also, people smiling and having fun.I have never seen someone who is smiling and having fun when there isn't success on the field. Usually, those of us who have played before, would know that to be someone who doesn't care. I would rather someone on my team who cares. Brett Favre is famous for the way he "plays the game like a carefree kid." He wasn't smiling and having very much fun last year with the Jets when they were losing. Bad, bad, argument. Please find another way to bash Robe, because this one doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    _ Was the problem Robe when we were in Omaha or making regionals and super regionals? I don't think that argument holds up very well. Also, people smiling and having fun.I have never seen someone who is smiling and having fun when there isn't success on the field. Usually, those of us who have played before, would know that to be someone who doesn't care. I would rather someone on my team who cares. Brett Favre is famous for the way he "plays the game like a carefree kid." He wasn't smiling and having very much fun last year with the Jets when they were losing. Bad, bad, argument. Please find another way to bash Robe, because this one doesn't work. _
    Omaha was 9 years ago we really need to move on.we should be the class of the Sunbelt in baseball but we are far from it, since 2001 only three regional’s and we lost all three. Losing in regional’s every third year isn't good enough.

oh boy here we go againbashing the head coach. Understand this, I for one am disappointed about all these guys leaving our program. However, not once did it cross my mind that it was due to our coach and his methods of getting a message across to the players. If you think that a guy saying his players are soft is a terrible thing and that it depletes moral of a college baseball player, then take your little johnny and go back to TBall. You think that our football coaches dont yell and scream in a particular players face cause they are getting there butts beat on every snap of a practice or game?? Give me a break. these guys that have departed have an idea that they wanna move on to pro ball after next yearI dont think any of them will benifit but that is just my opinion. oh and by the way for those that wanna talk about the good teams in the pastthey were not soft!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    _ Except AARON BROOKS!

GEAUX UL! _
    Dat's funny stuff right chair.

I'm disappointed in the defections. I'm even more disappointed in the lack of tabloid crazy talk from some of you. This has got to be one of the juiciest pieces of anti-Robe opportunity propoganda in months. There has got to be better flames than "did you notice nobody smiles". Come on. sniff, sniff. I'm quittin. the coach don't smile at me and he never talks to me. sniff, sniff. BWAAAAAAAA. I want my mommy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ oh boy here we go againbashing the head coach.
    oh boy here we go againgetting on your knees for the head coach.

man you guys bashing on robe again. just because 4 guys leave the program ur gonna blame the coach? those guys were decent players but that doesnt mean we wont be better off without them. most of those guys wanna transfer out to play pro ball? 3 of them will probably never sniff that dream but if they want out, let them go!!!! well move on and be better without them. this still befuddles me the way everyone is wanting robe out. UL needs t robe WAAYY more than he needs the school. best coach weve ever had or will have in the future. and for all of you softhearted people out there who think its absurd that for the coach to call his team SOFT is ridiculous. if a 19 to 21 year old man cant handle that criticism then get out of town my man. your not good enough or strong enough to handle playing on this level. again, none of you probably know what its like to compete on this level or play for a great coach like robe an know the work he and the players put into this program. so next time someone has an uneducated opinion please keep it to yourself.

P.s. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

7. Default Re: Another Baseball Defection

Location location location---recruiting recruiting recruiting---this is what worries me--people say how rough politics can be---nowhere near recruiting---man you didn't hear Rob. is leaving and working full time at his OTHER job---why would you trust UL when 4 guys quit the team????----Many more hate speaks like the ones shown---I just hope this doesn't hurt recruiting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Location location location---recruiting recruiting recruiting---this is what worries me--people say how rough politics can be---nowhere near recruiting---man you didn't hear Rob. is leaving and working full time at his OTHER job---why would you trust UL when 4 guys quit the team????----Many more hate speaks like the ones shown---I just hope this doesn't hurt recruiting!!!! _
    The thing hurting baseball recruiting more than anything is the facilities arms race. Many other Sun Belt programs have improved their stadium situations dramatically in recent years. We have plans for ours but it is not imminent considering everything else that needs to be done in athletics. I have heard people ask how can these other schools do this as no one else in the league is near us in attendance. Answer is simple-student fees dedicated to athletics. The University of Louisiana System limits our ability to do that but that is not the case in Florida or Kentucky. That is why we need to raise more private funds in order to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ oh boy here we go againbashing the head coach. Understand this, I for one am disappointed about all these guys leaving our program. However, not once did it cross my mind that it was due to our coach and his methods of getting a message across to the players. If you think that a guy saying his players are soft is a terrible thing and that it depletes moral of a college baseball player, then take your little johnny and go back to TBall. You think that our football coaches dont yell and scream in a particular players face cause they are getting there butts beat on every snap of a practice or game?? Give me a break. these guys that have departed have an idea that they wanna move on to pro ball after next yearI dont think any of them will benifit but that is just my opinion. oh and by the way for those that wanna talk about the good teams in the pastthey were not soft!!! _
    Does your boss get in your face and scream youre soft? If so how does that motivate you to work harder. Or does it make you hate your boss and want a new job with a boss who is a good motivator?

No one is saying you can't criticize someone who is doing something wrong, but at some point you have to bring people back up and motivate them positively. People will work a lot harder and give a lot more if they are willing to do ANYTHING for the person asking them to do it.

Default no doubt 2 sides to this story

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Robe's midnight practices followed by 6am practice after midweek games this year ____ed alot of players off. That is the only thing that accomplishes besides wearing the team down during 5 game weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbaseball1 View Post
    Does your boss get in your face and scream youre soft? If so how does that motivate you to work harder. Or does it make you hate your boss and want a new job with a boss who is a good motivator?

No one is saying you can't criticize someone who is doing something wrong, but at some point you have to bring people back up and motivate them positively. People will work a lot harder and give a lot more if they are willing to do ANYTHING for the person asking them to do it.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbaseball1 View Post
    _ Does your boss get in your face and scream youre soft? If so how does that motivate you to work harder. Or does it make you hate your boss and want a new job with a boss who is a good motivator?

No one is saying you can't criticize someone who is doing something wrong, but at some point you have to bring people back up and motivate them positively. People will work a lot harder and give a lot more if they are willing to do ANYTHING for the person asking them to do it. _
    Very well said!!!!Most great companies have employees that work hard not only for themselves but for their bossIf you are running a company/or a baseball team you want your employees/players to want to jump off a building for you if neededWhat you DON'T want is for your employees/players to want to PUSH you off the buildingTheir is a BIG differenceOne of the greatest communicators/motivators of all time is Augie at UTIf anyone saw the UT-Arizona State game at Omaha when UT fell behind 6-0 after 4 innings facing Leakes(one of the best pitcher's in the country)Augie gathered his team in the dugout and told them that he was not going to sugar-coat it that they have been playing a bad game to that point but when they come back and win this game can you imagine how many of our highlights will be on Sportcenter tonight!!! That is a MASTER communicator/Motivator at workI do not think Robe has that in his game

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    _ Robe's midnight practices followed by 6am practice after midweek games this year ____ed alot of players off. That is the only thing that accomplishes besides wearing the team down during 5 game weeks. igeaux.mobi _
    I think Benzel got a concussion at a midnite practice after a roady. He is batting .292 in a strong woodbat league this summer. Thad Griffen is a teammate batting .267.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ Omaha was 9 years ago we really need to move on.we should be the class of the Sunbelt in baseball but we are far from it, since 2001 only three regional’s and we lost all three. Losing in regional’s every third year isn't good enough. _
    I'm not picking on you, but I see this argument all the time

But someone tell me why we should be the class of the Sunbelt in baseball?.

Quote Originally Posted by legends View Post
    _ man you guys bashing on robe again. just because 4 guys leave the program ur gonna blame the coach? those guys were decent players but that doesnt mean we wont be better off without them. most of those guys wanna transfer out to play pro ball? 3 of them will probably never sniff that dream but if they want out, let them go!!!! well move on and be better without them. this still befuddles me the way everyone is wanting robe out. UL needs t robe WAAYY more than he needs the school. best coach weve ever had or will have in the future. and for all of you softhearted people out there who think its absurd that for the coach to call his team SOFT is ridiculous. if a 19 to 21 year old man cant handle that criticism then get out of town my man. your not good enough or strong enough to handle playing on this level. again, none of you probably know what its like to compete on this level or play for a great coach like robe an know the work he and the players put into this program. so next time someone has an uneducated opinion please keep it to yourself.

P.s. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR! _
    You are painting with a pretty broad brush. There are way more Robe supporters on this site than bashers. They are a pretty vocal minority however.
    Not to thread jack, but Check out this rant by a former UH Coog baseball player's Daddy.
    It may take the better part of a Day to read but it is classic!
    http://deadspin.com/5288661/
    It was originally on a website a Dad started but has since been taken down. www.houstoncougarbaseball.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information