Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Another Baseball Defection

Default Re: Another Baseball Defection

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _
    This is especially true for the fans. We got what we asked for so now it is time to pony up the dough and demand that we improve. _

Pretty bad time to expect much of donors. I just read an article last night about athletic programs across the country that are struggling big time.

2. Default Re: Another Baseball Defection

Robe is moving on. The writing is on the wall fellas. Some of us are looking at this situation backwards. Tony doesn't need this university; but i would argue that ul does, in some regard need him. Remember the post season interview he gave to katc? Mark my words guys Robe is already gone.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ Pretty bad time to expect much of donors. I just read an article last night about athletic programs across the country that are struggling big time. _
    Programs across the country are experiencing what we have gone through for 30 years. Any additional funding will help UL. I honestly believe that if UL were to push a serious grass roots effort and encourage alumni that have chosen to support LSU to donate a small sum of money $1000 per year or less we will be in better finacial shape than we have ever been.

For two or three generations UL has allienated the alumni, fans and local businesses with disregard for their opinion or money. If they wish to embrace the community and aggresively seek outside funding they can come close to doubling its current budget. Or at least get to close to $20 million per year.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Robe is moving on. The writing is on the wall fellas. Some of us are looking at this situation backwards. Tony doesn't need this university; but i would argue that ul does, in some regard need him. Remember the post season interview he gave to katc? Mark my words guys Robe is already gone.
    igeaux.mobi _
    I think he is gone also but the baseball program did fine when he wasn't here and it will do fine if he leaves

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    I think he is gone also but the baseball program did fine when he wasn't here and it will do fine if he leaves
    I'm with ya. Maybe some fresh meat would do us some good, which is hard to say because i am a huge robe guy. I just find it funny that ppl are forgetting that he doesn't have a lifetime contract at ul. Isn't in funny that all of the defections are young players? Being the classy man that tony is, it would not suprise me if he called those guys in, and laid his future plans out on the table; which we all agree would be the right thing to do. But we'll see, i supposed.
    igeaux.mobi

_ Robe is moving on. The writing is on the wall fellas. Some of us are looking at this situation backwards. Tony doesn't need this university; but i would argue that ul does, in some regard need him. Remember the post season interview he gave to katc? Mark my words guys Robe is already gone.
    igeaux.mobi _
    I was thinking the same thing, and I vividly remember the interview. Although I hope you are wrong, you maybe so right.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ Mark my words guys Robe is already gone.
    IF this is true. it is entirely possible that UL would be hiring THREE new coaches in all 3 major sports in 1 year!!

Has this ever happened??

Imagine what an unbelievable task that would be vetting all those potential HC's. It would certainly be the biggest test in our athletic department's history.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ I have no doubt that he will right the ship, but I'm not sure it will be next season. Attrition plays a role in every sport, and losing 2-3 guys really isn't all that uncommon. However, it does sting to lose a few guys that seemed to have had nice potential. Having 1-2 down seasons isn't the end of the world, but it starts to become a concern if you have go 3+ seasons without making the post-season at a school like UL that has great fan support.

As far as Smoke is concerned, he knew the game of baseball but your assessment of him is very accurate. A couple of my friends played under Smoke and he wasn't a great motivator either. He was lazy (look no further than his appearance) and this attitude rubbed off on the players. That is why Paul M came in and cleaned house getting rid of some very talented players with poor attitudes. _
    Smoke what? Paul M poor attitudes? That has nothing to do with Lackie or Robe. Good luck to Matt in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    _ Smoke what? Paul M poor attitudes? That has nothing to do with Lackie or Robe. Good luck to Matt in the future. _
    Somebody brought up Smoke's name, hence the comments. I assumed he was referring to Smoke Laval but I could be wrong. You make it seem as if I just pulled Smoke's name out of thin air, lol.

Here's the quote:

"Hey, he ain't Smoke, and by that, I mean, from what I read and heard, smoke wasn't personable, Robe is."

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _However, I do not feel that Robe is in any fear of losing his job for a while and the reason to me is simple. This university is using all of the private funds secured through the RCAF and other avenues to work on athletic program refurbishments and renovations for the upcoming years. We have other coaches on the "hot seat" already and you can't use state funds to buy these coaches out of contracts if you are not happy with performance so that leads us to the fact that due to budget issues and upcoming facility improvements, there is no chance that Robe would have to worry about job security. _
    I don't think that Robe is in fear of losing his job but I do think after the 2011 season he might be thinking of some other ventures. In his last interview I felt that he his waiting for his son to finish highschool and hopefully have the renervations he wanted before departing.Then he might feel that his job is completed here. This is just me reading between the lines. He would have 17 years here and a new buisness started. We all have opinions, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ I don't think that Robe is in fear of losing his job but I do think after the 2011 season he might be thinking of some other ventures. In his last interview I felt that he his waiting for his son to finish highschool and hopefully have the renervations he wanted before departing.Then he might feel that his job is completed here. This is just me reading between the lines. He would have 17 years here and a new buisness started. We all have opinions, don't we? _
    I was wondering, would he leave his business behind? He put alot of time and effort into it.

12. Default

Robe is moving on. The writing is on the wall fellas. Some of us are looking at this situation backwards. Tony doesn't need this university; but i would argue that ul does, in some regard need him. Remember the post season interview he gave to katc? Mark my words guys Robe is already gone.
    igeaux.mobi
    It is a rare example when you can find a college coach that is able to survive the unique pressures of coaching their own son.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ It is a rare example when you can find a college coach that is able to survive the unique pressures of coaching their own son.
    igeaux.mobi _
    You are correct. It usually doesn't work out well.

14. Default Re: Another Baseball Defection

Quote Originally Posted by Ballfan View Post
    _ That is the case for sureRobe has pi_ _ed-off alot of players the last two years because of the way he has handled things _
    Since you are in the definite know, give us some exacting details.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie View Post
    _ Since you are in the definite know, give us some exacting details. _
    Good call, has this even been confirmed yet, Lackie leaving and all?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information