Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL defense undergoes more changes

1. Default UL defense undergoes more changes

UL coach Mark Hudspeth revealed more defensive changes after Sunday's practice in preparation for Tuesday's nationally-televised road game against Texas State in San Marcos, Texas.

On-again, off-again safety T.J. Worthy has been moved to outside linebacker, while Dominique Tovell with shift to an inside linebacker, according to Hudspeth.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL coach Mark Hudspeth revealed more defensive changes after Sunday's practice in preparation for Tuesday's nationally-televised road game against Texas State in San Marcos, Texas.

On-again, off-again safety T.J. Worthy has been moved to outside linebacker, while Dominique Tovell with shift to an inside linebacker, according to Hudspeth.

I thought Lightfoot quit?

Default Re: UL defense undergoes more changes

I'm glad they made the move of Tovell to ILB. This is the position I've always felt was best for him. He is the best tackler on the team and knows where to be but he is really not a pass rusher and is not quite as good in space as some of our quicker guys. i think he will play well there. I'm curious about the Worthy thing as I never saw that coming and it shows you how much we are missing guys like Hill and Tig. I'm curious to see Posey as a starter now as I really haven't seen him play much so they are obviously high on him.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm glad they made the move of Tovell to ILB. This is the position I've always felt was best for him. He is the best tackler on the team and knows where to be but he is really not a pass rusher and is not quite as good in space as some of our quicker guys. i think he will play well there. I'm curious about the Worthy thing as I never saw that coming and it shows you how much we are missing guys like Hill and Tig. I'm curious to see Posey as a starter now as I really haven't seen him play much so they are obviously high on him.
    Posey is not starting. Washington, Johnson, Tovell and worthy are the starters at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Posey is not starting. Washington, Johnson, Tovell and worthy are the starters at LB.
    got mixed up

Only thing that worries me with moving guys to new positions is scheme. A cohesive defense means you have to have guys who understand their roles in responsibilities but also be flexible to know how his role changes when something unexpected is seen and reacted to by a defensive teammate. It just seems when you're moving guys around you never have a change to develop a cohesiveness to be a good team defensively. I've seen way too many times when guys seem to be wide open, and I think this is a direct result of having guys doing too much thinking. JMO

Hope Worthy can play linebacker like Le'Marcus Gibson did.

About the third article in 2 weeks HUD has made it a point to say Willis is 100% responsible for the defense. Almost as if he is saying don't blame me. As the head guy you are responsible for offense, defense, special teams, trainers, managers You take the credit when it's good and blame when it's bad. It's just what a good leader does.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    About the third article in 2 weeks HUD has made it a point to say Willis is 100% responsible for the defense. Almost as if he is saying don't blame me. As the head guy you are responsible for offense, defense, special teams, trainers, managers You take the credit when it's good and blame when it's bad. It's just what a good leader does.
    Uhm wrong again.He was pointing out that all coaches were involved in the decision and with all the changes going on that this is still Willis's defense. If anything he is sticking up for his coach not throwing him under the bus because THAT is what a good leader does.

You need to reread Bicky.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Uhm wrong again.He was pointing out that all coaches were involved in the decision and with all the changes going on that this is still Willis's defense. If anything he is sticking up for his coach not throwing him under the bus because THAT is what a good leader does.

You need to reread Bicky.
    I see where you can say that on this article. 2 weeks ago in the DA he said after a poor defensive performance " I am an offensive guy I do more game planning on offense the defense is 100% Willis". Again the head coach has his stamp on all aspects of a team and is ultimately responsible.

I see where you can say that on this article. 2 weeks ago in the DA he said after a poor defensive performance " I am an offensive guy I do more game planning on offense the defense is 100% Willis". Again the head coach has his stamp on all aspects of a team and is ultimately responsible.
    link?

I agree the buck should stop at the head coach for any program however I am not sure which article you are talking about so I don't want to comment on it.

We are switching to a 4-2-5 so we can get more speed on the field and put more pressure on the QB. It was obvious that the LBs were not getting to their assigned depths in the passing game nor were they setting the edge in the rushing game.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We are switching to a 4-2-5 so we can get more speed on the field and put more pressure on the QB. It was obvious that the LBs were not getting to their assigned depths in the passing game nor were they setting the edge in the rushing game.
    Pleased as punch with this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Pleased as punch with this decision.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information