Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UL defense undergoes more changes

Default Re: UL defense undergoes more changes

Personally, I don't give a ____ who gets the credit, or the blame as long as they get that makfunctioning over engineered watchamacallit aka defensive unit putting right.

2. Default Re: UL defense undergoes more changes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Only thing that worries me with moving guys to new positions is scheme. A cohesive defense means you have to have guys who understand their roles in responsibilities but also be flexible to know how his role changes when something unexpected is seen and reacted to by a defensive teammate. It just seems when you're moving guys around you never have a change to develop a cohesiveness to be a good team defensively. I've seen way too many times when guys seem to be wide open, and I think this is a direct result of having guys doing too much thinking. JMO
    Thinking instead of feeling makes fast players slow.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Uhm wrong again.He was pointing out that all coaches were involved in the decision and with all the changes going on that this is still Willis's defense. If anything he is sticking up for his coach not throwing him under the bus because THAT is what a good leader does.

You need to reread Bicky.
    You say "wrong again" in order to be wrong again you'd have to first be wrong once. Bicky has never been wrong. The Bickster is on the right side of every debate and is accurate with every post he makes Bicknasty out.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We are switching to a 4-2-5 so we can get more speed on the field and put more pressure on the QB. It was obvious that the LBs were not getting to their assigned depths in the passing game nor were they setting the edge in the rushing game.
    Again, where do you see that with this personnel, this is a 4-2-5? Worthy has been moved to OLB just like we saw with Barksdale and Gibson. All others are natural linebackers. I'm sure we will see the 4-2-5, especially with pass heavy teams in the future but this is still a 3-4. Washington may go back and forth but he is not a true hand on the ground pass rushing DE. He will be a stand-up linebacker more times than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    You say "wrong again" in order to be wrong again you'd have to first be wrong once. Bicky has never been wrong. The Bickster is on the right side of every debate and is accurate with every post he makes Bicknasty out.
    Wrong again Bicknasty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information