Thread: Number 69

Default Number 69

69 days until the first football game this year. Can anyone think of a former player who wore Number 69?

Default Re: Number 69

The first year we were USL there was a guy named Fletcher Songe and he wore 69

1952, #69 John Liscotta

Ronnie Harvey 2002-2004 played center

5. Default Re: Number 69

My rommy and fellow yat from da Parish (Arabie) Tom Couste---lost the St. Championship at St Louis to the PIOS of ND in I think '75 ----Asst coach with Sam Rob.at UL ---Asst principal at Sulfur and now retired in the LC area---great guy!!!!

UL Football Re: Number 69

I always remember #69 being worn by Greg Wood in the early 70's. He was from New Olreans and had one of the kindest hearts of anyone I have ever met. A wonderful teammate that we often took advantage of. I remember one night we turned up the volume real loud in our dorm room and called Greg Wood around midnight. We convinced him that we were at the Keg after curfew and asked him to come and get us. He knew that if he got caught he would have to run stadiums. Anyone else on the team would have told us to shove it but not Greg. He was getting in his car to come and get us when we revealed our ruse. Last time I saw him was in N.O. after one of the USL/Tulane games. Great guy and great teammate.

7. Default Re: Number 69

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    _ I always remember #69 being worn by Greg Wood in the early 70's. He was from New Olreans and had one of the kindest hearts of anyone I have ever met. A wonderful teammate that we often took advantage of. I remember one night we turned up the volume real loud in our dorm room and called Greg Wood around midnight. We convinced him that we were at the Keg after curfew and asked him to come and get us. He knew that if he got caught he would have to run stadiums. Anyone else on the team would have told us to shove it but not Greg. He was getting in his car to come and get us when we revealed our ruse. Last time I saw him was in N.O. after one of the USL/Tulane games. Great guy and great teammate. _
    Greg played at Shaw HS and his brother (Robbie)at Jesuit where I coached him---the real good def end for the greenies played at JESUIT(BRIAN ALEXANDER) crazy dude--We were I think looking for a guy for special teams and Brian says " If nobody else would Robbie Wood!!!! Rick it seems like yesterday signing him on the West bank!!!!!

Gerald:

Didn't our friend and future coach at one of Louisiana'a university, Randy Raymond wear 69 in the early 70s?

Trig

9. Default Re: Number 69

Damn--maybe so-----there was a great picture of him and Louis Age Sr. pulling on a sweep---I'll try to find it---BTW I was with your other TRIG from DeRidder this last week ---Nice guy for being from the other school!!!!

Gerald:

Tried to see Tommy whenever I go home. Found out from him one time that I'm actually the third Trigger, there were two at LSU.

Tommy did set some records there as RB in late 60s.

You were frat brother with Mike Hyde, do you know his brother Johnny and if so, do you see him when you go to BigD?

Later,

Trig

Thread Information