Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Expansion ??

Default Re: Cajun Field Expansion ??

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Gotta love those that don't know. The designs call for renovating and expanding the current press box and for enclosing the bowl (at least partially). Expansion and renovation will both be done, but not any time soon.

P.S.- At least we average in the tens of thousands. The only time Monroe gets more than 10,000 fans a game is when the Cajuns play in Monroe. _
    Or when the Hoax play in Little Rock. Woooo Pig SOOOEEEYYYY!!!!

I think its cute that he's taking a run at last seasons attendance leader (and the holder of the single game conference attendance record) when his team has to rent or borrow fans from Arkansas every other year to maintain what everyone acknowledges is the bare minimum required to compete at D1A (f the fcs) AND who's single biggest draw in the last 10 years at their actual home was D1AA Grambling.

Irony, thy name is Hoax fan.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULwarhawksRULE View Post
    _ That's a real smart idea! You have sold out 2 games in the last what 7 years (and they were probably FCS schools. Ex. McNeese and Southern). You average 16,000-18,000, yet you want to spend millions on expanding? terrible idea. How about just renovating that ugly stadium to make it look nice. Especially those high schoolish boxes at the top. _
    Phase I of the modernization/expansion is to upgrade the press boxes. we have you covered on that. But, when you have to do major structural work, it would be foolish not to add the additional seating capacity. UL is making a funding "system" push, for the first time. and some are starting to understand "why" and "why football". It can happen at UL and in Lafayette.

ULM should definitely not waste any money on facilities expansion.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thats not a ulm fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampKing View Post
    _ I think this would be a great idea, for us to expand to 46k and knocking down the upper deck and adding more suits. It would probably look a little like Lambeau Field. If we can put together some great winning season in the SBC it would make us a prime target when conference realignment comes back around again. _

My understanding is that the press box will be torn down and rebuilt that will cover the entire length of the upper deck with suites and the stadium will be bowled. The suites revenue and expected added attendance will cover the cost of expansion. I hope that when this is done, it also includes a new scoreboard with a large video screen. And, something needs to be done with the student side of the stadium. The pilings make the stadium look half finished. Too bad they couldn't put suites above it.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ From yesterday's Pickonyu

"The temperature reached 104 at Audubon Park, with the humidity making it seem like it was hotter than 110 degrees. That surpassed the previous record for a high temperature during any time of the year, set on Aug. 30, 2000. It also broke the earlier park temperature record for June 24 of 99, set in 2006. The normal temperature for that date is 91.'

_

I blame global warming on the temperature, the lack of funds in the RCAF, the loss to McNeese, the delay in updating baseball and football stadiums, and everything else wrong with the cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ If the drawings exist then why not share it with the general public? The RCAF should have that drawing on the cover of there brochure, or at least a story in the DA or LaLouisiane.

Why keep good news away from the public? _
    I have answered this before but I realize not everyone reads all posts so here is the explanation once again. There is no effort to keep facility improvement plans a secret. Several people have seen them. The reason that there has not been a larger push to publicize them is that these projects need state approval. That is the case despite the fact that privately raised dollars will be used for the construction. Reason for this is that the facilities do occur on state property. State approval is a formality but is required. I don't know the time frame as to when approval can be expected. Once it does, I suspect there will be more TV/newspaper coverage of what they entail

7. Default Re: Cajun Field Expansion ??

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ I blame global warming on the temperature, the lack of funds in the RCAF, the loss to McNeese, the delay in updating baseball and football stadiums, and everything else wrong with the cajuns _
    I am convinced it wouldn't be so hot -right now- if my ancestors hadn't been evicted from Nova Scotia.

_ That's a real smart idea! You have sold out 2 games in the last what 7 years (and they were probably FCS schools. Ex. McNeese and Southern). You average 16,000-18,000, yet you want to spend millions on expanding? terrible idea. How about just renovating that ugly stadium to make it look nice. Especially those high schoolish boxes at the top. _
    That is an interesting comment from a ULM fan considering the amount of Cajun fans at last year's game in Monroe approached the amount of ULM fans present. Facility improvements are being financed with private dollars. Therefore it is of no concern to Louisiana taxpayers who are fans of other schools. There probably are varying opinions as to how the facility projects projects should be prioritized amongst true Cajun fans. That is why there is a board made of up business people running the RCAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ I have answered this before but I realize not everyone reads all posts so here is the explanation once again. There is no effort to keep facility improvement plans a secret. Several people have seen them. The reason that there has not been a larger push to publicize them is that these projects need state approval. That is the case despite the fact that privately raised dollars will be used for the construction. Reason for this is that the facilities do occur on state property. State approval is a formality but is required. I don't know the time frame as to when approval can be expected. Once it does, I suspect there will be more TV/newspaper coverage of what they entail _
    Got it.so when the formality has been completed then we start the aggressive media and fund raising blitz? That’s why in an earlier post I said "Either way I hope this rumor comes to fruition in my lifetime".

I'm sure you old timers will say I'm naive, but what’s the harm with peaking public interest by dangling the carrot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Thats not a ulm fan. _
    So what color tarp do you think he really favors?

Said the neck from Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ Gotta love those that don't know. The designs call for renovating and expanding the current press box and for enclosing the bowl (at least partially). Expansion and renovation will both be done, but not any time soon.

P.S.- At least we average in the tens of thousands. The only time Monroe gets more than 10,000 fans a game is when the Cajuns play in Monroe. _
    Dude, don't get snow balled by a cowboy fan drinking mushroom tea and sniffing cow patties in Lake Chuck. He is not a ULM fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Dude, don't get snow balled by a cowboy fan drinking mushroom tea and sniffing cow patties in Lake Chuck. He is not a ULM fan. _
    If you are correct, and I suspect you are, there is only one true cure for a poser

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ If you are correct, and I suspect you are, there is only one true cure for a poser _
    Visit their board and you will find they are laughing their butts off about posting under mulitple names. Summer must be slow over in Lake Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Visit their board and you will find they are laughing their butts off about posting under mulitple names. Summer must be slow over in Lake Chuck. _
    If that's how they get a good laugh, then Lake Charles must really suck (not that we all didn't know that already).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information