Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Expansion ??

UL Football Cajun Field Expansion ??

LAst hight I saw a replay of the LA High school football magazine show with Lee Bricheen. Gerald Hebert & Coach Phillips were his guests. This show was taped after the Kent St win & before the K-state game. Gerald mentioned all of the exciting things happening and that Cajun Field would be expanded to seat 46000 and would include 31 or 33 luxury suites. Sound nice - anyone see drawings or hear of this ???

Default Re: Cajun Field Expansion ??

Quote Originally Posted by beavis11 View Post
    _ LAst hight I saw a replay of the LA High school football magazine show with Lee Bricheen. Gerald Hebert & Coach Phillips were his guests. This show was taped after the Kent St win & before the K-state game. Gerald mentioned all of the exciting things happening and that Cajun Field would be expanded to seat 46000 and would include 31 or 33 luxury suites. Sound nice - anyone see drawings or hear of this ??? _
    I think filling in both end zones would get our capacity near 46k. I'm sure a project like this would be done in phases and I hope the expanded seating would be the final phase. Luxury suites and a complete overhaul of the press boxes should have priority.

Either way I hope this rumor comes to fruition in my lifetime.

How hard would it be to get an artist rendering and begin raising funds?

[QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post

Either way I hope this rumor comes to fruition in my lifetime.
    It will.

Just be patient. We've got a few years of other stuff to do first.

How hard would it be to get an artist rendering.

Who said it doesn't exist already?

They do. I've seen them with my own eyes.

Just don't ask for them. Them things are under lock and key, and anybody giving them out will be put under double secret probation.

4. Default Re: Cajun Field Expansion ??

_ LAst hight I saw a replay of the LA High school football magazine show with Lee Bricheen. Gerald Hebert & Coach Phillips were his guests. This show was taped after the Kent St win & before the K-state game. Gerald mentioned all of the exciting things happening and that Cajun Field would be expanded to seat 46000 and would include 31 or 33 luxury suites. Sound nice - anyone see drawings or hear of this ??? _
    Yeah someone watched that show . thought Gerald was talking baseball . came here asked about it . got roundly blasted.

I've seen the drawings. Very nice. Go and meet with Scott Farmer. He will be happy to sit down with you and discuss it.

6. Default Re: Cajun Field Expansion ??

Lot of different ideas and I think that T-Joe thought that making the bowl was the best idea when factoring the bucks!!! the tearing down of the upper deck and new press box were also mentioned!!! I think upper level structure stuff was a big factor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ I've seen the drawings. Very nice. Go and meet with Scott Farmer. He will be happy to sit down with you and discuss it. _
    If the drawings exist then why not share it with the general public? The RCAF should have that drawing on the cover of there brochure, or at least a story in the DA or LaLouisiane.

Why keep good news away from the public?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    _ I've seen the drawings. Very nice. Go and meet with Scott Farmer. He will be happy to sit down with you and discuss it. _
    Please, give it a rest. That is not ALWAYS the solution.

Although I will give you props for taking time out of your day to do it. Not everyone can be so lucky

I think this would be a great idea, for us to expand to 46k and knocking down the upper deck and adding more suits. It would probably look a little like Lambeau Field. If we can put together some great winning season in the SBC it would make us a prime target when conference realignment comes back around again.

Quote Originally Posted by BrudaCajun View Post
    _ Please, give it a rest. That is not ALWAYS the solution.

Although I will give you props for taking time out of your day to do it. Not everyone can be so lucky _
    Give what a rest? I wasn't being rude or condescending. The poster asked a question and I answered it.

You give it a rest.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULwarhawksRULE View Post
    _ That's a real smart idea! You have sold out 2 games in the last what 7 years (and they were probably FCS schools. Ex. McNeese and Southern). You average 16,000-18,000, yet you want to spend millions on expanding? terrible idea. How about just renovating that ugly stadium to make it look nice. Especially those high schoolish boxes at the top. _
    Turbine, lock the thread, please.or else we're gonna have 3 days of back and forth with this nutjob who may or may not actually be a "hoax" fan!!!

Gawd spare!!

Z

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

_ That's a real smart idea! You have sold out 2 games in the last what 7 years (and they were probably FCS schools. Ex. McNeese and Southern). You average 16,000-18,000, yet you want to spend millions on expanding? terrible idea. How about just renovating that ugly stadium to make it look nice. Especially those high schoolish boxes at the top. _
    Did you ever know that you're my hero?

From yesterday's Pickonyu

"The temperature reached 104 at Audubon Park, with the humidity making it seem like it was hotter than 110 degrees. That surpassed the previous record for a high temperature during any time of the year, set on Aug. 30, 2000. It also broke the earlier park temperature record for June 24 of 99, set in 2006. The normal temperature for that date is 91.'

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    _ If the drawings exist then why not share it with the general public? The RCAF should have that drawing on the cover of there brochure, or at least a story in the DA or LaLouisiane.

Why keep good news away from the public? _
    It's quite simple why they won't be made public, for now.

1) Nothing is set in stone that the expansion will happen. The plans exist because in the event that expansion is needed, we already have the design drawn up. There's nothing wrong with planning for the future. If no plans existed and we needed to expand immediately, then we would have fans b!chting and moaning about how short-sighted our administration is.

2) Why make public the design that is years from being done and is subject to change? If the design would be made public and then when it is actually done, fans would complain about why the final product is different from the design put out several years before.

This isn't newsworthy, yet. It's our administration planning for something that may need to be done in the future. However, at the current time, expansion of Cajun Field is not a top priority and it shouldn't be a top priority.

Gotta love those that don't know. The designs call for renovating and expanding the current press box and for enclosing the bowl (at least partially). Expansion and renovation will both be done, but not any time soon.

P.S.- At least we average in the tens of thousands. The only time Monroe gets more than 10,000 fans a game is when the Cajuns play in Monroe.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information