Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chris Malveaux

1. UL Softball Chris Malveaux

UL - Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns announced that Chris Malveaux was named the new assistant coach of the softball team effective June 1. Malveaux joined the program as volunteer assistant coach in 2009 after a seven-year stint at McNeese State, serving as the Cowgirls’ head coach his final four seasons.

Malveaux replaces Joy Webre who took the head softball coaching position at St. Thomas More High School.

“I’m very excited for this opportunity to be part of this great program,” Malveaux said. “It is a privilege to work with this coaching staff. They are great people and are very knowledgeable when it comes to the game of softball.

“Seeing this team from the other side for the last few years has brought a lot of admiration for what’s going on here,” he added. “It was always a great challenge and was very exciting to play in the environment at Lamson Park. Seeing what Mike and Stefni have both done since their arrival is awesome. They’ve been extremely classy and strong year after year. They are also great people and have been great friends to me for years. I’m very fortunate to be a part of the Ragin Cajun family.”

“He has an unmatched energy and passion and enthusiasm to help our players get better and make this program the best in the country,” co-head coach Michael Lotief said. “He is our good friend, who has good values and a good heart and a winning attitude. He cares immensely about the well being of all around him.”

Prior to Louisiana
    Malveaux led the McNeese State Cowgirls to four straight Southland Conference Tournament appearances during his tenure as head coach from 2005-2008.

In his first season as head coach (2005), he was one of a few coaches to lead their team to the NCAA Tournament in their first season as head coach. The season began with a 9-24 start and the Cowgirls turned things around to produce a 24-9 record in their last 33 games.

McNeese won the Southland Conference Tournament and participated in the 2005 NCAA Regionals – only the second appearance in school history – and recorded the school’s first regional contest victory.

In 2005, the Cowgirls set the school and SLC single season record for doubles (105) and set the school single season record for home runs (60). In 2007 and 2008, Malveaux’s squad led the Southland Conference in stolen bases.

Malveaux produced a number of All–SLC selections, including one Southland Conference Newcomer of the Year and two Southland Conference Utility Players of the Year, two All-South Region players and four All-Louisiana players.

Prior to being elevated to head coach, Malveaux served as an assistant under Scott Eastman from 2002–2004. He was also a part of the school’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes program.

The Houston, Texas native graduated from Texas A&M in 2001 with a bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness. There, he served as student equipment manager for head coach Jo Evans. He also helped coach the Texas Comets, an 18-and-under team from College Station.

UL SI
    Chris Whitehead

UL Softball Re: Chris Malveaux Named Softball Assistant

Congratulations to Coach Chris! Anyone know how he was "financed" when he was a volunteer coach? Is he so independently wealthy that he could afford to volunteer for a whole year?

Default i only hope

Hoping that it works to offer Chris Malveaux Joy Webre's vacant position

4. Default Malveaux promoted to assistant coach

Things are going great these days for UL softball coach Chris Malveaux.

He was recently promoted from volunteer assistant to a full-time assistant at UL, his summer softball team is playing well and the new Transformers movie is coming out today.

And it's pretty hard to tell which one Malveaux is most excited about.

The rest of the story

Brady Aymond

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Malveaux promoted to assistant coach

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    "Everybody keeps asking that question, who's going to call the pitches?," Lotief said. "Coach Stef was actually a two-time All-American pitcher. I've called pitches for five years and Chris called pitches for four years. We have a senior catcher and three veteran pitchers. I think we'll figure it out."

LOL!! Ya think?

Z

Default Re: Malveaux promoted to assistant coach

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ "Everybody keeps asking that question, who's going to call the pitches?," Lotief said. "Coach Stef was actually a two-time All-American pitcher. I've called pitches for five years and Chris called pitches for four years. We have a senior catcher and three veteran pitchers. I think we'll figure it out."

LOL!! Ya think?

Z _
    Yeah, I love that part.

Congrats to Chris on the promotion. He's a good guy, spent a lot of time getting to know him this past season and he's got a bright future in the sport.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The ins and outs on UL Softball coaches

jp,

exactly what is the "elevated position" malveaux accepted?

This is so COOL Re: The ins and outs on UL Softball coaches

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    _ jp,

exactly what is the "elevated position" malveaux accepted? _
    We are right at sea level, the MVC is a much higher elevation, relative to sea level! JK

Default UL Softball Set to Announce Chris Malveaux

The Cajun Redzone has learned through our sources that Bradley Associate Softball Coach Chris Malveaux will be announced as the new associate coach for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajun Softball program and join former Ragin' Cajun player Lana Bowers on the 2015-16 staff.

Story Link
    http://www.scout.com/college/louisia...chris-malveaux

Attached Images Attached Images  

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL Softball Set to Announce Chris Malveaux

Welcome back!!

Two nice hires.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Two nice hires.
    I agree. My concern is who will handle the pitchers. Especially with a young staff this coming season.

I trust in Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I agree. My concern is who will handle the pitchers. Especially with a young staff this coming season.

I trust in Mike.
    I know there has a been a volunteer coach working with the pitchers. I can remember his name, looks like Wilford Brimley, but hopefully he will be able to spend more time with the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I know there has a been a volunteer coach working with the pitchers. I can remember his name, looks like Wilford Brimley, but hopefully he will be able to spend more time with the staff.
    Robert Verde?

Nice!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information