Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chris Malveaux

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Adds Malveaux, Bowers To Softball Coaching Staff

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns head softball coach Michael Lotief announced his new coaching staff on Thursday as Lana Bowers and Chris Malveaux, who both previously coached with Lotief, are returning for the 2016 season.

Default Re: UL Softball Set to Announce Chris Malveaux

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Robert Verde?
    Yes, I could not think of his name. I am pretty sure he is retired, but I also think he lives in the Houston area. Not sure exactly what his role has been, but I know he has traveled a lot with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Yes, I could not think of his name. I am pretty sure he is retired, but I also think he lives in the Houston area. Not sure exactly what his role has been, but I know he has traveled a lot with the team.
    Beaumont, and the father and youth coach of former outstanding Cajun Melissa Verde.

Default Re: UL Softball Set to Announce Chris Malveaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Beaumont, and the father and youth coach of former outstanding Cajun Melissa Verde.
    Thanks, I knew who is daughter was and that he lived in Texas.

5. UL Softball New-look staff for Cajuns softball

UL — The Louisiana softball coaching staff will look vastly different in 2016. The school Thursday officially announced the addition of two members of the staff: Associate head coach Lana Bowers and assistant coach Chris Malveaux both ha...

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Coaches Malveaux

Why were they fired a lot head coaches come in looking for some kind of continuity?

Default Re: Coaches Malveaux

They were released so the new coach may select his own staff. Maybe they will be rehired?

I also believe that this was going to be their last season at the school and they were going to another program and Mike's wife was going to become co head coach again after this season. No use keeping them around if that is the plan.

9. Default Re: Coaches Malveaux

I hope they get a letter of recommendation from the school, it would be a shame if someone where they applied automatically assumed they were involved (in a bad way) in this mess.

From reading the reports, they (mainly Chris) should have stopped some of what was going on. But, I get that standing up to your boss is an extremely tough thing to do.

I hope things work out for them

11. Default Re: Coaches Malveaux

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    They were released so the new coach may select his own staff. Maybe they will be rehired?
    Purely speculation, but maybe they witnessed the alleged abuse and said nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Purely speculation, but maybe they witnessed the alleged abuse and said nothing.
    Malveaux was present in the weight room incident and did nothing to stop Lotief. He's complicit in all this as he allowed it to continue without speaking up.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Malveaux was present in the weight room incident and did nothing to stop Lotief. He's complicit in all this as he allowed it to continue without speaking up.
    Corbello sided with Mike, so she was gone as well. Malveaux had actually resigned his position after the season prematurely to take another job, but another person was hired. That is when Mike hired Corbello has GA to fill in. When he called Mike back, he was allowed to assume the same position, but his wife was listed as the video for softball. Corbello was already on staff at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    From my reading, he backed Lotief. From my reading of the complaint from the student-athlete who was here only 2 weeks, Malveaux backed Lotief.

15. Default Re: Coaches Malveaux

Two weeks, two days, two hours. If what is being presented is true, action had to be taken. The use of the word pu^#*es to young women about young women isn't acceptable. Comparisons about a rape and murder victim isn't acceptable. Poking another employee isn't acceptable.

To believe all these things are massive exaggerations to cover up Title IX violators is conspiracy theory gone mad. If Mike thinks these things were untrue he's got legal recourse.

No doubt I backed Mike as long as possible, but now he's gotta prove otherwise. Title IX violators or not he's going to have to prove the case against him is false.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information