Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: Final: Louisiana (34) vs. Georgia State (31)

1. Default Re: Louisiana Ragin Cajuns vs. Georgia State Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    This. The receiver made it look way worse than it was
    ---And yes the flag came out very very very LATE!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana Ragin Cajuns vs. Georgia State Panthers

We won, and our players never stopped fighting. It was pure heart that won that game.

We finally included pressure (from the line) despite sticking with a bad defensive scheme. The DL played well. But, this secondary scheme gave up big plays all night. Thank goodness we practiced a pass rush, and GA State decided to run the ball too many times. Unfortunately, our staff thinks they're doing well with this defense. I do hand it to whoever decided to put 4 guys on the line and add that pressure. It helped. But Lord. please start using assignment football and teach our LBs and safeties what that means. How many times did a slot receiver bend a route across our middle with no one close to picking him up? I cannot blame our corners last night. They covered well. In fact, they confirmed that we need to be playing man assignment football. It's our LBs and safeties lack of man assignment that's killing us.

As for Terrance. he looked as good as he ever has. One thing I wish our staff would learn is that TB should never be dropping back. He needs to roll out in passing downs. He definitely through better rolling to his left. As much as we've dogged his throwing motion, he got the job done. I'm not sure what will happen against better defenses, but he was good last night. Haack made a statement as well.

As much as I agree Jamal was the MVP, I'd share a big piece of that with Riles. He added a serious dimension to our offense last night. And as much as I'm aggravated with many of our coaching decisions, they sure made a smart decision with Riles.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---un-catchable pass out of the back of the end zone!!!
    I sat next to VObserver and I thought it was a bad call. VO said we did interfere with the WR early and that's why the ball sailed over and behind him. It looked bad since the ref was in the back of the end zone and threw the flag late. I'd like to see the footage.

Amazing game to follow. Rspn announcers even saud how bad the refs were and I finally found a perfect balance by listening to the radio broadcast and watching the espn3 broadcast without the sound

Glad we pulled that out. I strugged with bringing the noise in the 4th because I shouted at the refs so much. Hard to comment on schemes very much from section A, but I thought the run D and pressure was good. I agree that the safeties and LBs struggled with some slants and that middle route. Consider too that #8 was built like LG and clearly a mismatch type of hybrid receiver. I saw a team and a fan base that held on to the rope this week. Keep doing that and we have a chance. I also saw a team that, despite all of the returning lettermen, isn't as good as last year (yet). Anderson made a lot of plays on D and was good at calling adjustments. It seems to be true that we have limted options when Robinson is out. Peoples in the slot was a guy that could get separation and take the pressure off Robinson. Riles is getting there and it was good to see that tonight. We have no deep threat post-Surgent. The only tool we have to stretch a D is the Mcguire wheel route.

The defender found himself in a position that he had not been in all year long.within 10 yards of an intended reciever.

He didnt know what to do being this close to a reciever before he had the ball so he just pushed him down.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Ragin Cajuns vs. Georgia State Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Amazing game to follow. Rspn announcers even saud how bad the refs were and I finally found a perfect balance by listening to the radio broadcast and watching the espn3 broadcast without the sound
    ESPN3 video + ESPN 14.20 audio = RSPN

Ragin Sports Network

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17

Thread Information