Thread: Justin Robichaux Receives All-Region Honors

1. UL Baseball Justin Robichaux Receives All-Region Honors

UL – University of Louisiana pitcher Justin Robichaux added to his postseason honors as he was named to All-South Central Region Second Team in a vote by the region’s coaches.

It’s the first All-Region honor for Robichaux in his career, who was named to the All-Sun Belt Tournament team three weeks ago.

His selection marks the fourth straight season that the Ragin’ Cajuns are represented on the All-South Central Region squad. It’s the 11th season, overall, under head coach Tony Robichaux that UL placed at least one player on the team.

Robichaux played a large part in helping the Ragin’ Cajuns pitching staff to their fifth straight year at the front of the Sun Belt pitching standings, as the team maintained a 5.01 ERA. Robichaux was statistically the league’s best pitcher this year, finishing with a 1.98 ERA, a full point lower than any other pitcher. He allowed just 13 earned runs in 59 innings pitched, holding opposing batters to .259 hitting.

In the Sun Belt Tournament he held eventual champion Middle Tennessee to only one run in seven innings of work.

Robichaux had his greatest impact of the 2009 season when he was elevated from reliever to starter during the South Alabama weekend series. In six starts, he limited opponents to 37 hits over 38 innings pitched and surrendered only three earned runs. He did not allow a home run and sported a miniscule 0.71 ERA.

He joins other UL pitching standouts such as Hunter Moody, Danny Farquhar, Kevin Ardoin, Andy Gros, Justin Gabriel and Phil Devey to be named All-South Central Region.

In six starts, Justin Robichaux limited opponents to 37 hits over 38 innings pitched and surrendered only three earned runs. He did not allow a home run and sported a miniscule 0.71 ERA.

UL SI

Default Re: Justin Robichaux Receives All-Region Honors

If we can get him a decent defense behind him and some run support, I see Tee-robe being all conference next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ If we can get him a decent defense behind him and some run support, I see Tee-robe being all conference next year. _
    damn, a sub-2 era. didn't realize he had one that low; amazing in college ball.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    _ damn, a sub-2 era. didn't realize he had one that low; amazing in college ball. _
    you're billing arent you. ;p

Z

5. UL Baseball Re: Justin Robichaux Receives All-Region Honors

With UL short on front-end pitching in 2009, Justin Robichaux was moved from the bullpen to the weekend rotation in late April. That shift continues to pay dividends for the right-handed pitcher from Crowley.

On Monday, Robichaux learned that he was named to the American Baseball Coaches Association's All-South Central Region second team. The all-region team was determined in a vote by the region's coaches.

"It's not a surprise to me that he did that," UL first baseman Scott Hawkins said of Robichaux, a preseason All-Sun Belt Conference selection who was named to the league's all-tournament team. "I really think that he's an All-American."

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • June 16, 2009

Out of curiosity I checked to see where Justin's ERA ranked in the nation. He finished #5 in the country. That is ridiculous. Strasburg led the country with a 1.32, but still fifth is unbelievable.

Also, noticed that Bryce Brentz from MT led the nation in Batting Avg, HR, Slugging Pct, and Total Bases and was 4th in OBP and 2nd in Hits.

Yeah, there was no mention of his national ranking in the release, so I was sure to include it in my story. It was the lowest ERA in the Sun Belt since 2003.
    igeaux.mobi

Thread Information