Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tim Floyd

UL Basketball Tim Floyd

Just heard that Tim Floyd resign from USC

2. Default Re: Tim Floyd

I would to. Tim and USC are chest high in poop!

3. Default Re: Tim Floyd

UNO startover?

igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Tim Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_tiger View Post
    _ I would to. Tim and USC are chest high in poop! _
    yeah, all that mayo business does not look good right about now.

Default Re: Tim Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ UNO startover?

igeaux.mobi _
    I doubt any school in the NCAA will hire Tim Floyd anytime soon. Giving an acquaintance of a star player a couple of grand soon after the guy commits is just too big of a mistake to be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I doubt any school in the NCAA will hire Tim Floyd anytime soon. Giving an acquaintance of a star player a couple of grand soon after the guy commits is just too big of a mistake to be overlooked. _
    What is so unusual about buying players at these big time programs? I am being sarcastic, of course, but I feel certain Floyd operated as just one of the many consumers in that meat market.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    _ Just heard that Tim Floyd resign from USC _
    Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy!

I'm interested to hear the "entire" story. I highly doubt Tim Floyd is dumb enough to risk his career over $1,000. There has to be more to the story.

I'm curious to see if the NCAA investigation has a 10 year "ongoing" period like the Reggie Bush investigation. USC is getting away with blatent cheating and everyone knows it and no one is doing anything about it except "investigating".

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I'm curious to see if the NCAA investigation has a 10 year "ongoing" period like the Reggie Bush investigation. USC is getting away with blatent cheating and everyone knows it and no one is doing anything about it except "investigating". _

It's pretty obvious that nothing is going to come of the Reggie Bush saga. It will be interesting to see what sanctions come from this Mayo situation. I'll never forget the crushing blow the LSU basketball program received after the Lester Earl fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ It's pretty obvious that nothing is going to come of the Reggie Bush saga. It will be interesting to see what sanctions come from this Mayo situation. I'll never forget the crushing blow the LSU basketball program received after the Lester Earl fiasco. _
    I think UL basketball fans know a thing or two about crushing blows from the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I think UL basketball fans know a thing or two about crushing blows from the NCAA. _
    Oh yeah, I know all about it. I grew up around Coach Shipley and still see him quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ It's pretty obvious that nothing is going to come of the Reggie Bush saga. It will be interesting to see what sanctions come from this Mayo situation. I'll never forget the crushing blow the LSU basketball program received after the Lester Earl fiasco. _
    While the sanctions were painful, I'm not sure I would call them "crushing". I thought Coach Brady was allowed to use them as cover way too long.

As to the Bush/Earl thing, there is one major difference. Earl turned witness to cut a deal and Bush hasn't and I don't think he will. The NCAA doesn't have a lot of juice with players in pro ball.

Could we get Floyd here? I know he likes Louisiana and his kids use to go to SSA in Covington. I hated him as a coach because he was always able to shutdown Marty Fletcher's run and gun high octane Cajuns. I think he could inject so excitement into the program and get the most out of what we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by 4LSU View Post
    _ While the sanctions were painful, I'm not sure I would call them "crushing". I thought Coach Brady was allowed to use them as cover way too long.
    As a diehard LSU basketball fan, it was crushing to me personally. I'm still not convinced the punishment fit the crime but that's irrelevant now. The program was already declining during Brown's last couple of years and probation was just the nail in the coffin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information