Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tim Floyd

Default Re: Tim Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Could we get Floyd here? I know he likes Louisiana and his kids use to go to SSA in Covington. I hated him as a coach because he was always able to shutdown Marty Fletcher's run and gun high octane Cajuns. I think he could inject so excitement into the program and get the most out of what we already have. _

Right now, I think he's considered "damaged goods" and I'm not sure it would be good for the program. Not to mention the NCAA will watch him like a hawk when and if he lands another head coaching gig. Now, under normal circumstances, I think he'd be a good fit. He knows this area very well and he stole several Louisiana products while at USC.

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    The program was already declining during Brown's last couple of years
    Amen to that and I would say Coach Brown put it on auto pilot his last 5 yrs or so.

USC Basketball MUST PAY for USC Football violations.or so it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    _ USC Basketball MUST PAY for USC Football violations.or so it seems. _

lack of institutional control out West?

Maybe they will get the huge slap on the wrist that Bama received after their payments!

igeaux.mobi

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Tim Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    _ Maybe they will get the huge slap on the wrist that Bama received after their payments!

igeaux.mobi _
    We'll probably get the butt kicking as punishment for their transgressions.

_ Maybe they will get the huge slap on the wrist that Bama received after their payments!

igeaux.mobi _

Speaking of Bama, punishment from their textbook scandal should be made public tomorrow. It involved a ton of athletes, but only five football players. However, they could be treated as a repeat offender which could increase the severity of their punishment. Having said that, I expect them to just lose a few scholarships over the next couple of seasons.

Good point made on PTI, a big problem is the one and done system in basketball. These guys could care less about playing in college and the schools that sign them are asking for trouble. Honestly, I believe baseball has the best system.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by bballholic View Post
    _ Speaking of Bama, punishment from their textbook scandal should be made public tomorrow. It involved a ton of athletes, but only five football players. However, they could be treated as a repeat offender which could increase the severity of their punishment. Having said that, I expect them to just lose a few scholarships over the next couple of seasons. _
    I'm sure the NCAA will punish the Cajuns severely for Bama's transgressions.

Good point made on PTI, a big problem is the one and done system in basketball. These guys could care less about playing in college and the schools that sign them are asking for trouble. Honestly, I believe baseball has the best system.

igeaux.mobi
    Baseball's system is the worst. Football has it right, and even then, I think the kids need to be another year out of HS.

All sports need to implement a rookie salary cap for sure.

Back on topic, Floyd is in troubleeee oooooooo (points finger and looks at teacher).

UL Basketball Re: Tim Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ UNO startover?

igeaux.mobi _
    That's what I am thinking!

Could see a Naulin's mobster say:
    Ya-Kno Turbi, ma man, dat's da kinda mann we's need round ova heer! Tim, Nagan, Edwards, ya-kno waud be like da tree amigos. Dat waud be somtin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information