Thread: James Williams

1. UL Basketball James Williams

Robert Lee hired James Williams his friend from his playing days I can't find his coaching resume can someone post it?

2. Default Re: James Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NCAA or BUST View Post
    _ Robert Lee hired James Williams his friend from his playing days I can't find his coaching resume can someone post it? _
    I have a friend named James Williams, he has a Janitorial business in Abbeville. I don't think it is him

This James Williams has been a referee as far as I can tell.

Hiring fiends is risky (imo) I have felt that for a long time, for example: even though the friends part didn't apply at the time here were my thoughts at the time Bustle hired Kevin Fouquier.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Here is my little (not so private) deal. . . . NEVER hire a coach from a losing team. Don't promote an assistant from your own losing team. Don't hire a losing assistant and and make him your assistant. Don't hire a friend and never ever hire a coach who hasn't been coaching.

It is simple, coaches from losing teams bring no AWE with them.

A Winning Experience.

If a coach comes from a winning experience he brings a winning attitude. . . . and vice versa.

Default Re: James Williams

I question the hire also. I'm not a big fan of the friend thing and that has no bearing on how good of a coach he is. Hopefully, he is underrated and does a great job in helping get these guys to play as a unit next year. If not, he will be axed after only one year here. It just has to be difficult pouring all of your energy into a job that you don't know you will have after one year where there is no line of success drawn in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by NCAA or BUST View Post
    _ Robert Lee hired James Williams his friend from his playing days I can't find his coaching resume can someone post it? _
    James Williams coaching experience is overseas. From what I recall, he has been head coach of a team in Austria the last few years. That is probably why nothing can be found about him on the net. Supposedly his focus will be on developing the inside players.

I posted all of Williams' background in my story last week.

Some of you might forget that assistants are only under 12-month appointments.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by basketballjone View Post
    It dont get no better then this!!! This will be a FUN season for some of us!!! Hopefully we can improve and win a couple more than 10 games. Scheldue is a bit weak, we should get to atleast 15 and 15 again. _
    You'll be renewing your season ticket package, right?

Quote Originally Posted by basketballjone View Post
    _ Hell No. FOr what we already know what the outcome will be... _

I'll be there to support the players like I did when you played.

Signed,
    A Loyal Cajun Fan.

I'm to addicted to the game to not go. BR is to far of a drive when I can walk to the Cajundome...

Thread Information