Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth remains high on Broadway

1. Default Hudspeth remains high on Broadway

Still getting peppered with questions Tuesday regarding senior Terrance Broadway, who has seven interceptions in four games this season, UL coach Mark Hudspeth continues to fully back his starting quarterback.

Default Re: Hudspeth remains high on Broadway

That makes one of us. Sorry I could not resist.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If TB is Hud's choice for Saturday. I expect nothing but support for Terrance. He deserves the opportunity to start against Georgia State. This game should allow all of us to get a better handle on TB's current skill level. Those that believed his issues in the first 4 games were more due to the opponent. we should see against Georgia State if TB actually throws well or not. I expect Georgia State will do like everyone else and try to focus on shutting down the run. If they are semi-successful. we'll have to throw the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    If TB is Hud's choice for Saturday. I expect nothing but support for Terrance. He deserves the opportunity to start against Georgia State. This game should allow all of us to get a better handle on TB's current skill level. Those that believed his issues in the first 4 games were more due to the opponent. we should see against Georgia State if TB actually throws well or not. I expect Georgia State will do like everyone else and try to focus on shutting down the run. If they are semi-successful. we'll have to throw the ball.
    I expect them to provide man coverage on the outside with a safety over the top and blitz Broadway trying to make him make quick passes and decisions like most of our opponents. I figure the coaches should know and expect this and help put him in a position to be successful by running different routes, providing a back or TE to stay in and block etc I suspect he will look better this Saturday but if he doesn't, they have to start thinking about giving Haack a series or two and gauging him as well.

I wonder if Nixon would have seen the field by now if he hadn't been suspended.

6. Default Re: Hudspeth remains high on Broadway

The damage of the offseason weight room focus should be obliterated by now, so I expect a great throwing day by Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I wonder if Nixon would have seen the field by now if he hadn't been suspended.
    me too. He looked great in the NOLA bowl

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I expect them to provide man coverage on the outside with a safety over the top and blitz Broadway trying to make him make quick passes and decisions like most of our opponents. I figure the coaches should know and expect this and help put him in a position to be successful by running different routes, providing a back or TE to stay in and block etc I suspect he will look better this Saturday but if he doesn't, they have to start thinking about giving Haack a series or two and gauging him as well.
    Sounds like the defense I'd like us to deploy. Not only would I expect to see a back or TE helping with TB's pass blocking. I sure wish they'd have TB roll out and not just drop back. The dunks and dinks he's most likely going to succeed with. are probably going to open up when he's a run threat off the edge. I also believe he could create an open receiver downfield if he were on the hoof rolling out. I don't want to see him drop back, get confronted, and then fling it from his back foot. hoping that we win the "jump ball".

I think Hud thinks the criticism of Terrance was directed at Terrance. It was directed at Terrance's coaches. If you watch what he is able to do, and do best, and what he isn't good at, you get a little critical of how they play him on Saturday. I don't expect coaches with this much experience to have to be told that "practice" is not equal to "gameday". I don't assess players gameday play from watching them in "practice". I only use gameday evaluations to decide what they can do well, can't do well, and are not allowed to do well. because. afterall. those other teams are not beaten by what you do in "practice".

Wouldn't every coach like to coach against a coach that thinks Saturday gameday is somehow going to mimic "practice"?

I recall an SEC referee that used to referee LSU practices. He said, "Everyone thinks QB X is so great because if you saw him in practice. it would blow your mind how accurate and far he can throw. But, QB Y is by far their best gameday QB. He looks like crap in practice. He misses wide open WRs. But in gameday, he goes into beast mode. His brain starts clicking and the game slows down and becomes easy to him. But not at practice."

Something has changed in his motion

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    Something has changed in his motion
    Looks like he is throwing a shoutput rather than a football. Watching UCF v. Houston. Houston's QB, Okorn, was lights out last year and can't complete a pass this year. His play has been as inept as Broadway's. Like UL, UH is hoping he breaks out of his funk and his skills resurface. Couldn't help but notice the similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Looks like he is throwing a shoutput rather than a football. Watching UCF v. Houston. Houston's QB, Okorn, was lights out last year and can't complete a pass this year. His play has been as inept as Broadway's. Like UL, UH is hoping he breaks out of his funk and his skills resurface. Couldn't help but notice the similarities.
    UH finally pulled the plug on Okorn and replaced him after the first series of the second half following another interception, his second of the night. In fairness, a dropped pass led to the interception. Time to try something new as UH keeps shooting itself in the foot. I hope UL isn't faced with the same thing Saturday, but if so will hopefully do the same thing.

Broadway has been deteriorating since his first bowl win. its not his throwing motion nor system He just has been performing worse as his career proceeded. Period He seems like a fine gentlemen and I in no way condemn him as a man. He just seems to not be the QB we all thought he would be.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Broadway has been deteriorating since his first bowl win. its not his throwing motion nor system He just has been performing worse as his career proceeded. Period He seems like a fine gentlemen and I in no way condemn him as a man. He just seems to not be the QB we all thought he would be.
    Wow! What a way for UH to lose.

14. Default Re: Hudspeth remains high on Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Wow! What a way for UH to lose.
    ----What happened---how was the loss???

Houston's QB jumped towards end zone and the ball got knocked away about foot from goal line and knocked into end zone for touch back and sealing their fate with 24 seconds left down by 4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information