Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parrott Blog: Dixon, Williams pegged to coach UL basketball

1. Default Parrott Blog: Dixon, Williams pegged to coach UL basketball

The search is finally over. Enjoy the link to my blog:

http://tiny.cc/dT9er

Read more about this news Friday at theadvertiser.com.

2. Default Re: Parrott Blog: Dixon, Williams pegged to coach UL basketball

You are good.

I was talking to Robert at Baja Sports Grill on Wednesday and he wouldn't tell me names.

What do you do, give these guys truth serun?

igeaux.mobi

3. Default

Nothing was finalized until Thursday.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Parrott Blog: Dixon, Williams pegged to coach UL basketball

Parrot, is there any light at the end of this dark tunnel? What I mean is, I don't know how to feel about hiring Lee's old teammate at Nicholl's. Do we know anything about him? Is he a good recruiter? What about hiring a Kittredge or something like that? I thought we hired an ex-CBA coach?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Parrot, is there any light at the end of this dark tunnel? What I mean is, I don't know how to feel about hiring Lee's old teammate at Nicholl's. Do we know anything about him? Is he a good recruiter? What about hiring a Kittredge or something like that? I thought we hired an ex-CBA coach? _
    It does not matter. We will be getting a new coach and assistants next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ It does not matter. We will be getting a new coach and assistants next year. _
    Are you pretty confident about this? Cause I am not.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Lee's contract is up after this coming season. He will not be back unless we win 20+ games. The chances of that happening are basically nil.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    _ Are you pretty confident about this? Cause I am not. _
    I am supremely confident in Lee's ability to negatively effect the outcomes of close games.

_ I am supremely confident in Lee's ability to negatively effect the outcomes of close games. _

Yeah, but are you as confident in UL's ability to make the right decision, i.e. letting Lee go and having to pay more for another coach? Will UL take the cheap way out and keep him, replace him with the cheapest hire available, or hire the right coach to turn this once proud program turned debacle around? If he wins 18 games and the Western Division of the SBC, but doesn't win the conference tourney and doesn't go to the NCAA, will UL keep him? I hope not, but who knows. We'll just have to let things unfold and see what happens. I just hope our program isn't on life support after another year with Lee.

_ It does not matter. We will be getting a new coach and assistants next year. _
    The huge majority of people agree with you in the view that this upcoming basketball season will be a lame duck type year. There is a group of people who don't though. They are the 13 players on the team, the returning head coach and his top assistant as well as the two guys just hired. They believe they can turn it around. I have been around sports long enough to know that all competitors think improvement will come with just a few more breaks. For it to have a chance to happen, the 13 players need to work harder in the offseason to get stronger. That way they might be able to avoid injuries and actually make plays around the basket. If they really want to accomplish what they think they can, they better get with it. Summer school starts next week and I hope several of the players stay in town in order to prepare. Of course football players will begin their summer weight training regime then too and in a couple of months, practice for that sport will be a few days away. At that point, we will have more interesting things to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Yeah, but are you as confident in UL's ability to make the right decision, i.e. letting Lee go and having to pay more for another coach? Will UL take the cheap way out and keep him, replace him with the cheapest hire available, or hire the right coach to turn this once proud program turned debacle around? If he wins 18 games and the Western Division of the SBC, but doesn't win the conference tourney and doesn't go to the NCAA, will UL keep him? I hope not, but who knows. We'll just have to let things unfold and see what happens. I just hope our program isn't on life support after another year with Lee. _
    I don't know what will happen in the scenario you describe. However, I am highly confident that a change will be made if we are not several games above 0.500. I am also confident we have the ability to make a quality hire. The APR will be mostly behind us and no remaining years will be on the contract following next season. The administration understands how unpopular their decision was. However, an unfortunate situation exists here. The way things were handled last year tells me that Coach Lee won't regain much support even if the team goes to the NCAA tourney next year. How many of you would support resigning him if the team got that far?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The way things were handled last year tells me that Coach Lee won't regain much support even if the team goes to the NCAA tourney next year. How many of you would support resigning him if the team got that far? _
    Are you asking us to be "HYPOTHETICAL" fans?

Anything less than a SBC championship and NCAA berth, he should be fired.

_ Anything less than a SBC championship and NCAA berth, he should be fired. _
    If he got to the NCAA, would you support a new contract being given? Yes, I am talking hypothetically here.

Being that wins and losses are the primary deciding factors in choosing a coaches fate, I'd say he should be given that extension, albeit a small one. If there is somebody out there that we can get serious about going get, and put it in our minds that we will have to pay them better to come, then I'm all about it also but I'm simply basing my judgement on what so many here seem to judge on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information