Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Robichaux reflects on '09 run ( Part II )

Default Re: Robichaux reflects on '09 run ( Part II )

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Sorry. but I must correct you on one statement. Robe did NOT inherit a "mediocre" program. _
    You're right. He inherited a program in complete shambles. No decent players had been recruited for 05, we had a coach forced to resign, we were about to be banned from postseason for a year and lose a scholly for two years. We were in deep do-do when he got here.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    _ You're right. He inherited a program in complete shambles. No decent players had been recruited for 05, we had a coach forced to resign, we were about to be banned from postseason for a year and lose a scholly for two years. We were in deep do-do when he got here. _
    He inherited a mediocre team, not a mediocre program. The tournament teams Boulanger had were every bit as good as Robe's teams. I am not condoning what the Boulanger did off the field, but he put some talented, exciting teams on the field.

It is obvious that we need the stadium upgrades ASAP! We may never host a regional with LSU so close but it'd be nice to see an updated stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ He inherited a mediocre team, not a mediocre program. The tournament teams Boulanger had were every bit as good as Robe's teams. I am not condoning what the Boulanger did off the field, but he put some talented, exciting teams on the field. _

EXACTLY!! I was going to respond to Jay. but you did it for me. and did it better!

Ok if we are going to play semantics. he inherited an OUTLAW program. one as BoP suggests was close to being banned from Post Season play and one whose coach slithered out under the cover of darkness.

That PROGRAM today is highly respected. Perhaps not always winning like we would like ut respected kids are expected to act as ambassadors of the university and when they do not they are not part of the program. Ask Justin Gabriel Great kid who made a mistake. so he spent a full year in the stands paying his dues and then came back.

This is a PROGRAM that I am proud of and if he loses more than he wins I can accept that for awhile longer. Robe has earned that patience

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Ok if we are going to play semantics. he inherited an OUTLAW program. one as BoP suggests was close to being banned from Post Season play and one whose coach slithered out under the cover of darkness.

That PROGRAM today is highly respected. Perhaps not always winning like we would like ut respected kids are expected to act as ambassadors of the university and when they do not they are not part of the program. Ask Justin Gabriel Great kid who made a mistake. so he spent a full year in the stands paying his dues and then came back.

This is a PROGRAM that I am proud of and if he loses more than he wins I can accept that for awhile longer. Robe has earned that patience _
    I don't disagree with you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information