Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Beer Thread with a taste of authenticity

UL Football A Beer Thread with a taste of authenticity

I heard today that Cajun Field will begin this year selling beer at the UL football games. Someone who will be working the concession stands told me this, they said there will be 4 beer concession stands. They mentioned that they needed to get their alcohol cards (?) so they will be able to sell the beer. These people currently sell concessions at the Mudbugs games and I believe they will also work the IceGators games.

Can someone please confirm this? How would this be possible? This would be HUGE, attendance wise

Default Re: Potentially BIG news.

Paging Jack Nicholson!!
    Seriously, I hope this is true. I think it would keep people from leaving at halftime AND give us some much needed revenue.

Default Re: A Beer Thread with a taste of authenticity

As of now it will remain a rumor but it is something the athletic dept. is working on. Please let this happen!!!!

Oh dear God let this happen!!!!! This would be so fantastic.

Word is that it is official. There will be 4 beer trailers at the stadium (2 per side). All trailers will be exclusively Schilling products. Not sure why you would drink something other than that anyway. They are working out minor details, one being a detailed report from the catering company. It's only a matter of time folks. I expect our attendence to go up a bit after hearing this news.

you heard it from me! whoop!!!

thanks canaille

An intersting bit of info. When Katrina hit UL hosted the NO Bowl. Beer was sold at the Swamp on that day. I am not sure of the attendance but the cut that UL received on beer sales alone was approx. $30K. Like I said before, I don't know what the attendance was and how it will compare to our attendance but this could be a big money maker for us. I would hope that some percentage of money made on beer sales would go to RCAF. Lets just hope that all the minor details get worked out and it is announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ An intersting bit of info. When Katrina hit UL hosted the NO Bowl. Beer was sold at the Swamp on that day. I am not sure of the attendance but the cut that UL received on beer sales alone was approx. $30K. Like I said before, I don't know what the attendance was and how it will compare to our attendance but this could be a big money maker for us. I would hope that some percentage of money made on beer sales would go to RCAF. Lets just hope that all the minor details get worked out and it is announced soon. _
    I'd like to be the the 1st to complain about how expensive the beer is!
    Seriously, I'm sure it will be expensive as it should be.

_ An intersting bit of info. When Katrina hit UL hosted the NO Bowl. Beer was sold at the Swamp on that day. I am not sure of the attendance but the cut that UL received on beer sales alone was approx. $30K. Like I said before, I don't know what the attendance was and how it will compare to our attendance but this could be a big money maker for us. I would hope that some percentage of money made on beer sales would go to RCAF. Lets just hope that all the minor details get worked out and it is announced soon. _
    I'm responsible for $100 to $200 of that cut.

10. Default Re: A Beer Thread with a taste of authenticity

Hooray BEER!!!!!

A little bit of extra info.beers on tap will be:

Budweiser
    Bud Light
    Amberbock
    Michelob Ultra
    Shock Top (my personal favorite!)

I can just see it now, walking into the swamp, sun shining brightly on those freshly painted white beer carts. The taps twinkling to catch the attention as the smell of bbq hamburgers intermingles with cold liquid refreshment. The steamy air of September melted away with the first sip of that golden nector that is draft beer. This will be a dream realized my friends. A dream indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I can just see it now, walking into the swamp, sun shining brightly on those freshly painted white beer carts. The taps twinkling to catch the attention as the smell of bbq hamburgers intermingles with cold liquid refreshment. The steamy air of September melted away with the first sip of that golden nector that is draft beer. This will be a dream realized my friends. A dream indeed. _
    Your an idiothaha

_ Your an idiothaha _
    Agreed.But i'm a very excited idiot! ;-)

Hooray for beer!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information