Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McNeese

Default McNeese

Any plans to bring them back for a home game?

Default Re: McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Any plans to bring them back for a home game? _
    I, for one, am not going to start holding my breath until you do.

Doc

My guess is they are in the "rotation" with the other 1AA state schools.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    I, for one, am not going to start holding my breath until you do.

Doc _
    Carl Dubois said in so many words UL would probably not schedule McNeese and given his vast knowledge of sports and wisdom, I suppose you can take that to the nearest branch of the Calcasieu Marine. But me, I hope Dubois is wrong.

In the meantime I also hope you guys do well versus Tulamie and get that date with State I read about.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Carl Dubois said in so many words UL would probably not schedule McNeese and given his vast knowledge of sports and wisdom, I suppose you can take that to the nearest branch of the Calcasieu Marine. But me, I hope Dubois is wrong.

In the meantime I also hope you guys do well versus Tulamie and get that date with State I read about. _
    Thank you, sir. Best of luck to the Cajuns.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ Carl Dubois said in so many words UL would probably not schedule McNeese and given his vast knowledge of sports and wisdom, I suppose you can take that to the nearest branch of the Calcasieu Marine. But me, I hope Dubois is wrong.

In the meantime I also hope you guys do well versus Tulamie and get that date with State I read about. _
    I would love to see MSU and UL/L play on a more regular basis. Its great if for no other reason the gate. Look how many people showed up at the game two years ago and its all about money in college athletics today. But I would have to agree with Carl Dubois that UL/L is not going to schedule the Cowboys any time soon after the last game. I think McNeese will do well against the Green Wave. The sad thing is there may be more Cowboy fans there than Greenies. I hope they do get the LSU game if not 2010 at least by 2011. Its good to keep that money in state instead of App. State or The Citatel.

Quote Originally Posted by racajun54 View Post
    _ I would love to see MSU and UL play on a more regular basis. Its great if for no other reason the gate. Look how many people showed up at the game two years ago and its all about money in college athletics today. But I would have to agree with Carl Dubois that UL is not going to schedule the Cowboys any time soon after the last game. I think McNeese will do well against the Green Wave. The sad thing is there may be more Cowboy fans there than Greenies. I hope they do get the LSU game if not 2010 at least by 2011. Its good to keep that money in state instead of App. State or The Citatel. _
    There are some things in the works for rotating games against state programs. Carl Dubois needs to make a few phone calls before stating such comments with certainty. If the finances can be agreed upon, they will be on the schedule.

Yes,
    I would love it if we were to play Mcneese every now and then.
    It was a nice atmosphere, that is until we lost, but how can we redeem ourselves if we never play them?

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Carl Dubois needs to make a few phone calls before stating such comments with certainty.
    what are you all referencing, for us, that seem dumb to his words?

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ what are you all referencing, for us, that seem dumb to his words? _
    Originally Posted by racajun54
    _ I would love to see MSU and UL play on a more regular basis. Its great if for no other reason the gate. Look how many people showed up at the game two years ago and its all about money in college athletics today. But I would have to agree with Carl Dubois that UL is not going to schedule the Cowboys any time soon after the last game. I think McNeese will do well against the Green Wave. The sad thing is there may be more Cowboy fans there than Greenies. I hope they do get the LSU game if not 2010 at least by 2011. Its good to keep that money in state instead of App. State or The Citatel. _

CajunT's post
    "There are some things in the works for rotating games against state programs. Carl Dubois needs to make a few phone calls before stating such comments with certainty. If the finances can be agreed upon, they will be on the schedule."

I think its pretty clear.

_ Originally Posted by racajun54

CajunT's post
    "There are some things in the works for rotating games against state programs. Carl Dubois needs to make a few phone calls before stating such comments with certainty. If the finances can be agreed upon, they will be on the schedule."

I think its pretty clear. _
    From what I understand, the "things in the works for rotating games against state programs" that CajunT refers to above is due to "encouragement" from state government. This encouragement goes beyond just UL as state government has influence over all state universities. I hope that helps clarify things for some. Of course, my understanding could be wrong and I will have just confused all of you.

12. Default Re: McNeese

I think its pretty clear.
    all i have seen in this thread, is what the destin cajun has said, that carl has said i was looking for more than that go figure (smiles)

ps. well color me blind, blonde, deaf, dumb and stupid (giggles)

pss. db,. michael desimo on show from jax tomorrow @ 2:30-ish (cst)

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ all i have seen in this thread, is what the destin cajun has said, that carl has said i was looking for more than that go figure (smiles)

ps. well color me blind, blonde, deaf, dumb and stupid (giggles)

pss. db,. michael desimo on show from jax tomorrow @ 2:30-ish (cst) _
    My comment was in reference to Carl's statement that UL doesn't want to schedule McNeese State after the loss in 2007. I have not heard any such thing from our AD's, but that we are looking at rotating state schools in the future. I don't know how its going to work out when its all said and done, but will play them in the future.

14. Default Re: McNeese

Carl's statement
    no problem with your post i figured what it was i was asking for

a "link" to what carl said sorry for any inconvenience bil

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    From what I understand, the "things in the works for rotating games against state programs" that CajunT refers to above is due to "encouragement" from state government. This encouragement goes beyond just UL as state government has influence over all state universities.
    It's not just us. In fact we're a bad example to use.

Just looking back over the last decade or so we've played NWSt., LaTex, Nichols St, McNeese and private school Tulane. We're playing State for the third time in 7 years and we have Southern coming in September.

All anyone needs to do is look at the ULM-Grambling game attendance. If the ULMers are going to play SWAC programs Alabama A&M, Alcorn and Texas Southern then why the heck not play Grambling and Southern?

If LaTex is going to play SLU and Nichols then why not play McNeese, NWSt. Grambling and yes even ULM? A LaTex-McNeese or Grambling game will outdraw the LaTex - Miss St. game. You can book that.

All of this is doable because of the 12th game the D1a programs got a couple of years ago.

Despite the not so subliminal message in Carl Dubois' article nobody has to leave their conference and we don't have to set up an "all Lousiana conference" blah blah blah.

Across the border So Miss ought to be regularly playing Ole Miss and Miss St. without joining the SEC. Ark St. and UCA ought to be playing Arkansas on a regular basis. This is happening in a lot of states and I doubt "the government" had anything to do with it. All it takes is a brain and some common sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information