Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackham Coliseum

Default Blackham Coliseum

Does anyone have any pictures or links of the outside and preferably the inside of Blackham Coliseum. I have been looking around the net and have found none. I am in Lake Charles and am hungry for hockey. Just want to start planning where I am gonna sit. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Blackham Coliseum

Quote Originally Posted by scossey View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures or links of the outside and preferably the inside of Blackham Coliseum. I have been looking around the net and have found none. I am in Lake Charles and am hungry for hockey. Just want to start planning where I am gonna sit. Thanks for any help.
    You can find some images of Blackham on google using just images. I would think that if the IceGators are going to play there they need to start the renovations ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by scossey View Post
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a few shot's. The air condition works real well. It will be a lot cooler in Blackham then the CajunDome because of the low ceiling.

Ouch! Wooden benches. They would have to GEAUX!

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Ouch! Wooden benches. They would have to GEAUX!
    I'd imagine chairback seating would cut back on the capacity pretty drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    I'd imagine chairback seating would cut back on the capacity pretty drastically.
    Well make the chairbacks only for season ticket holders then I would have to buy 4. Leave the benches for the walk up crowd. Why is the Cajundome out? I would imagine they would have to start remodeling Blackham really soon to make the October face off. The Sea Wolves team in Biloxi are still playing in the Coast Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Why is the Cajundome out? .
    Because the rent per game was $8000+ The ECHL average was $4000. Davis did not want the Icegators anymore. Niether did RA

It as a good night till I read the words Greg Davis!

9. Default Re: Blackham Coliseum

It will be interesting to see what kind of atmosphere the IceGators will have in Blackham.

Do you people actually think they are going to renovate Blackham for this??? I see them droping a hockey rink in the middle and hoping for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Do you people actually think they are going to renovate Blackham for this??? I see them droping a hockey rink in the middle and hoping for the best!
    If they want it to be a success. Sorry wooden benches! When I go into an arena expect a chair. Call me spoiled but it is the 21st century. My wife wont be attending games if she is riding a bench.

12. Default Re: Blackham Coliseum

Chairbacks are overrated. Especially for sports thare supposed to have you on the edge of your seat.

Benches make for a better atmosphere.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Chairbacks are overrated. Especially for sports thare supposed to have you on the edge of your seat.

igeaux.mobi
    Got to disagree there. I like a cushy seat not hardwood. If they don't want to spend to much on renovations then just make a few sections with chairs and charge a higher price for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

igeaux.mobi
    Sell beer.then it doesn't matter what you're sitting on. Super business model.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Sell beer.then it doesn't matter what you're sitting on. Super business model.

igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information