Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Football Coaches Summer Tour

Default Football Coaches Summer Tour

I noticed here in Houston that all of the 1A football coaches are touring the state with speaking engagements promoting the upcoming season. LSU's coach is doing the same right now as well, not just in Louisiana but around the country as their already huge base of fans continues to increase. What is Bustle doing? Is such a tour of Louisiana or at least Acadiana towns to promote UL football in the works? If not, why not?

Default Re: Football Coaches Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I noticed here in Houston that all of the 1A football coaches are touring the state with speaking engagements promoting the upcoming season. LSU's coach is doing the same right now as well, not just in Louisiana but around the country as their already huge base of fans continues to increase. What is Bustle doing? Is such a tour of Louisiana or at least Acadiana towns to promote UL football in the works? If not, why not? _
    We cant afford that. They can. They sell out a 90,000 seat stadium 7 times a year. We sell out a 35,000 seat stadium once a decade. And dont worry about their huge fanbase, its only a temporary deal, when they come crashing down like some of the big schools have, they dont have the tradition to be national recognized while only winning 3 games a year. Notre Dame and Michigan are in a pitful state of affairs, yet both have consistent top ten recruiting classes, draw more fans than LSU and given a choice between the 3 ESPN would follow a story at both those schools before even thinking of the purple babies. Time will heal all wounds.

3. Default Re: Football Coaches Summer Tour

You can't tell me we can't afford a few tanks of gas to go do some PR around the state. If we want to change the perception of UL athletics we will have to do it by winning but also by going out and selling ourselves.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We cannot afford not to send the coaches on a tour. It isn't a big bucks situation. Going to a good NO venue and a good Houston venue and doing some promotional things is a price that easily pays for itself. New season ticket sales and RCAF memberships would come out of every trip if they were promoted properly. I find it hard to believe we don't have this in the works.

5. Default Re: Football Coaches Summer Tour

If this isn't in the works it needs to be. We have money waiting for us to seize but unless we get out there and ask for people to donate we will continue to miss out. Just1more is correct that the cost of gas will be paid for easily by what we secure in donations.

6. Default Re: Football Coaches Summer Tour

the people coming would pay for it along with in kind donations---We use to do it in Abeville every year---Need to crank it up again!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ the people coming would pay for it along with in kind donations---We use to do it in Abeville every year---Need to crank it up again!!!!!! _

Mel Didier initiated the tour to all the Acadiana cities. I participated in some of those. It appears Mel's successors did not share the same vision. Hence, we are where we are. It is time to resurrect this and get people excited about UL / LU (see my other post) football.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ You can't tell me we can't afford a few tanks of gas to go do some PR around the state. If we want to change the perception of UL athletics we will have to do it by winning but also by going out and selling ourselves. _
    That's what I was thinking. How hard or expensive could this be? A few phone calls, a few letters or something to let people know and do it from Houston to New Orleans.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Mel Didier initiated the tour to all the Acadiana cities. I participated in some of those. It appears Mel's successors did not share the same vision. Hence, we are where we are. It is time to resurrect this and get people excited about UL / LU (see my other post) football.
    Great idea.

Way past due.

You can't put a price tag on the value.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Great idea.

Way past due.

You can't put a price tag on the value.

igeaux.mobi _

This really is a function of organizations like the RCAF and local alumni groups or clubs, since the RCAF did not exist until recently, not a real surprise...

I would agree that it needs to become a viable part of the future...

Also, it is not always the football coach that speaks, sometimes baseball or basketball coaches are speakers as well :-)

11. Default Re: Football Coaches Summer Tour

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    This really is a function of organizations like the RCAF and local alumni groups or clubs, since the RCAF did not exist until recently, not a real surprise...

I would agree that it needs to become a viable part of the future...

Also, it is not always the football coach that speaks, sometimes baseball or basketball coaches are speakers as well :-)
    No offense but the Alumni Association has zero visibility. That is unless they are emailing me about their galas or a ski trip.

_ No offense but the Alumni Association has zero visibility. That is unless they are emailing me about their galas or a ski trip. _
    I was referring to how other programs do it, what is usual and customary elsewhere. I am not a UL Alum...

_ No offense but the Alumni Association has zero visibility. That is unless they are emailing me about their galas or a ski trip. _
    Bustle came to New Orleans I believe his first year. He spoke at Charley G's on Vets at about 3:00 on a workday if memory serves. Perhaps it was a fiasco so no more have been done? It needs to be on a Saturday or at least a time of day where working stiffs can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ Bustle came to New Orleans I believe his first year. He spoke at Charley G's on Vets at about 3:00 on a workday if memory serves. Perhaps it was a fiasco so no more have been done? It needs to be on a Saturday or at least a time of day where working stiffs can make it. _
    I went to that one, and I don't think it was a fiasco at all. I think the turn-out was decent - not overwhelming, but not a bust. But I thought it was pretty good considering it was the first and it followed the Baldwin disaster. I was expecting to see this become a regular annual tour.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Bustle came to New Orleans I believe his first year. He spoke at Charley G's on Vets at about 3:00 on a workday if memory serves. Perhaps it was a fiasco so no more have been done? It needs to be on a Saturday or at least a time of day where working stiffs can make it.
    It matters not if no one attended for the first five years. The buzz away from the event is worth more than the event.

Tapping the imagination of the fanbase is key. Don't underestimate the value of hearing Bustle is in New Orleans, Bustle is in Hammond, Bustle is in Shreveport, Bustle is in Dallas . . .

All of which translates into "UL is on the move"
    igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information