Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Baseball Lineups: 2010

UL Baseball Baseball Lineups: 2010

Starting this year we did not know many positions. Next year the cupboard is full which will mean many more wins.

If I had to start a game at the start of next year and not including any new players, I would go with:

Catcher- Keefer
    Third-Benzel
    Short- Fontenot
    Second- Bostick
    First- Guillory?? Heard he will move to first.
    Left- Goulas
    Center-Olasin
    Right- Smith
    DH- Fuslier/Long

Pitchers (Weekend)
    Ozaborne
    Robe
    Cook/Willborn(if back)

This is a very good nucleus to start with. Of course all subject to change with any new faces in the picture.

CC

Default Re: Baseball Lineups: 2010

we need a first baseman a third baseman, a DH. Maybe Fuze can play 1st

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    _ Starting this year we did not know many positions. Next year the cupboard is full which will mean many more wins.

If I had to start a game at the start of next year and not including any new players, I would go with:

Catcher- Keefer
    Third-Benzel
    Short- Fontenot
    Second- Bostick
    Left- Goulas
    Center-Olasin
    Right- Smith
    DH- Fuslier/Long

Pitchers (Weekend)
    Ozaborne
    Robe
    Cook/Willborn(if back)

This is a very good nucleus to start with. Of course all subject to change with any new faces in the picture.

CC _
    Put Keefer at 1st and lets hope Griffin becomes a better hitter in the off season so that he can be our every day catcher.

Whipple out next year hurts cause he is a guy that couldve given us alot offense at the first base position and he was movable in the outfield. IMO, we need a physical DH, maybe move Fontenot to 2B if this SS is everything he is made out to be. I like Keefer Behind the dish, outfield is set, but need new corners

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Whipple out next year hurts cause he is a guy that couldve given us alot offense at the first base position and he was movable in the outfield. IMO, we need a physical DH, maybe move Fontenot to 2B if this SS is everything he is made out to be. I like Keefer Behind the dish, outfield is set, but need new corners _
    And where would you put Bostick in the field?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ Starting this year we did not know many positions. Next year the cupboard is full which will mean many more wins.

Catcher- Keefer
    Third-Benzel
    Short- Fontenot
    Second- Bostick
    Left- Goulas
    Center-Olasin
    Right- Smith
    DH- Fuslier/Long

Pitchers (Weekend)
    Ozaborne
    Robe
    Cook/Willborn(if back)

CC _
    Man CC, I hope you are right about that cupboard??? Even with some talent, we need some maturity issues and some "squishy head" checks during the off season.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Whipple out next year hurts cause he is a guy that couldve given us alot offense at the first base position and he was movable in the outfield. IMO, we need a physical DH, maybe move Fontenot to 2B if this SS is everything he is made out to be. I like Keefer Behind the dish, outfield is set, but need new corners _
    Out next year? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ And where would you put Bostick in the field? _
    You leave fontenot at SS and play the new guy at 3rd. Fontenot has alot of range and he gets to lot of balls deep in the hole.

When is the last time we had a SS hit over .300

I did not realize Whipple was gone next year too. I knew he was suspended for the remainder of the season for breaking team rules, but I did not realize he would not be back next year. Does anyone have any more insight on this?

yes he is out for next year also for the team rule infraction. Agreed that fontenot has some range, arm strength is where i was going with that. Bostick could fill in somewhere.i had a problem with his glove in some critical situations this year, bat could be a little stronger. I hope but i am wrong but I just dont know if Griffen can eliminate the many holes in his swing. Maybe an offseason of drill work and many many reps can fix it, but he is an all or nothing type of hitter right now. Bostick is one of the only ones i think that might get a "better" next year with a full season under his belt

Quote Originally Posted by Dad2 View Post
    _ You leave fontenot at SS and play the new guy at 3rd. Fontenot has alot of range and he gets to lot of balls deep in the hole.

When is the last time we had a SS hit over .300 _
    I'm not sure I agree with that, but Fontenot does have good range. But he doesn't have the arm. Let these guys fight it out on the field in the fall. Fontenot definately needs to play somewhere, is was the most improved athlete this year in our baseball program.

And Bostick's bat was on fire at the end of the year. I think Fontenot-Bostick are good up the middle. Maybe the new SS can play 3rd, Keefer at 1st, pray Griffen hits the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    I did not realize Whipple was gone next year too. I knew he was suspended for the remainder of the season for breaking team rules, but I did not realize he would not be back next year. Does anyone have any more insight on this?
    Whipple is definitely out next year. For him to return in 2011, he has certain obligations to meet. Those are challenging and it is not certain he will be able to achieve them.

Catcher- Keefer
    Third-Benzel
    Short- Fontenot
    Second- Bostick
    Left- Goulas
    Center-Olasin
    Right- Smith
    DH- Fuslier/Long

Pitchers (Weekend)
    Ozaborne
    Robe
    Cook/Willborn(if back)

CC _
    Not nearly enough pop in this lineup. If we are stuck with what you have here, we will have another losing season. I do like the pitchers though. Let's hope we have some good recruits coming in, otherwise, it will be another disappointing year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad2 View Post
    _ You leave fontenot at SS and play the new guy at 3rd. Fontenot has alot of range and he gets to lot of balls deep in the hole.

When is the last time we had a SS hit over .300 _
    I know it was probably a rhetorical question, but Jameson Parker hit .298 and fielded .980 in 2006. Michah Cockrell hit over .300 in 2005.

When are we going to get a Cajun 2 bagger to hit .348 like Merindino did in 2004? The Sunbelt was really a hitters league this year. We sorta got left out of the fun.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information